Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for Draft Guru's: PRam, the Jets and the Draft.

FuriousD

According to NFL.com and Espn.com, the Jets still own their 6th round pick. Is the trade for PRam not yet official? What am I missing?

The Jets seem to only have one pick in the 6th, #173 overall and there are no picks listed to the Redskins as having come from them.

I thought the trade was a done deal and the pick was this year. Am I wrong again; 2007 perhaps?

The reason I ask is because I wanted to ask the draft gurus what they thought about packaging the #173 (from the Jets if indeed we did own it) along with our own #53 to move up.

How much higher could we expect to climb and which players might we be able to reach that we clearly wouldn't from #53?

Thanks in advance!

:helmet:

Just found it on google.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

This chart is used for pretty much all draft pick trades. A numerical value is assigned to each pick and for a trade to take place the values have to match up.

The 173rd pick only has a value of 22.2.

Our pick in the 2nd round (#53) has a value of 370

The 51st pick in the draft has a value of 390.

So basically we could give up our 6th rounder to move up 2 places if we thought that was in our best interest.

Given we do not know how this draft will pan out, we can assume that if the pick is going to be traded to move up a couple spots it will happen on draft day at the very last moment.

Personally I wouldn't sacrifice a 6th rounder to move up 2 spots in the draft unless someone has dropped way farther than expected.

hope the chart helps.

Just found it on google.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

This chart is used for pretty much all draft pick trades. A numerical value is assigned to each pick and for a trade to take place the values have to match up.

The 173rd pick only has a value of 22.2.

Our pick in the 2nd round (#53) has a value of 370

The 51st pick in the draft has a value of 390.

So basically we could give up our 6th rounder to move up 2 places if we thought that was in our best interest.

Given we do not know how this draft will pan out, we can assume that if the pick is going to be traded to move up a couple spots it will happen on draft day at the very last moment.

Personally I wouldn't sacrifice a 6th rounder to move up 2 spots in the draft unless someone has dropped way farther than expected.

hope the chart helps.

Wow, your right! I certainly wouldn't give it up to move up two spots. I guess this demonstrates what little leverage we have to make any moves upward. Even a package of our 5th and 2nd would only net 4 to 5 spots maybe.

Thanks for the insight.

:helmet:

ramsey was traded but since it was for a 6th rounder...ramsey was basically free

if they draft a QB and plays better than Ramsey they will most likely ditch either pennington or ramsey..nore likely pennington becuase he costs more and is injured

I love the Moss footage. He makes a smooth adjustment to catch that pass. Brunell has to love throwing to him knowing that he just has to get the ball in the vicinity of Moss and he'll catch it.

Just depends on how you perceive it...

To me, the 6th round pick from the Jets is only several spots removed from the 5th round...I look at the pick's placement moreso than just the official round it appears in.

But having said that...if anyone considers a 6th rounder "basically worthless" then wouldn't trading it along with our 53rd pick to move up two or three spots be seen as a good move? Wouldn't it be seen by that person as being able to move up some spots and giving up nothing to do so?

Then again, we could also look at it as giving up Patrick Ramsey and our 53rd pick in order to move up 2-3 spots...does that sound like a good move?

Archived