Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade J. Campbell for LenDale White...

SouthernSkinsFan

Lets see CP is ONLY 25 y/o and has had no major injuries, everyone knock on wood, while LenDale White just bombed on his pro day and probably went from the #2 RB taken to a possible early 20's selection.

JC is unproven, no argument here, BUT if Joe Gibbs and Co. feel JC is the heir apparent to MB then you don't give away a potential franchise QB for a RB who is not even the best in his draft class. It doesn't make since and I don't see Gibbs or Cerato even taking that phone call.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Skins don't have to trade for White ... he had a disaster at USC pro day and is falling like a rock. He is now projected by me to fall into the top of the 2nd round. Skins will surprise by trading up to grab him beacuse they have already written Betts off. You read it here first.

First off, I think this thread could have been worded better. Also it has quite a few false premises and misleads. You cant compare JC with White at all. What the broncos will pick with our trade is irrelevant. The relevant comparison is determining which quarterback we would have picked with this pick. Alternatively, assuming we might have addressed the qb spot in FA, another valid comparison would be determining who we would have drafted with this pick right now.

Bottomline: Thread should be would you trade JC for (Insert next best qb likely to be picked at the 26th(?) spot)

Guest santana4prez

I think Lendale White is going to be a good NFL player but.......

Jason Campbell is the man; plus, hes Joe Gibbs's hand picked guy.

I take Campbell hands down. It was a good trade last year for what I think Campbell will become..... A Pro Bowl QB.:helmet:

As ol' Charlie Brown would say, "Good grief!" I am truly amazed at people freaking out over this thread and acting like I'm some idiot that wants LenDale White on our team. Please go back and read. Again, I am simply having fun by looking at who the Broncos might choose with our 22nd pick.

I fully understand that JC has not played a meaningful down. I certainly comprehend that we do not need a running back. I am completely aware that the DB that Denver selected last year with our 3rd round pick has not played enough to know. I can indeed fathom the possiblity that the Broncos may draft someone other than White. I even mentioned DeAngelo Williams as one that Kiper projected. It is all speculation at this juncture.

I was simply trying to say that the off-season is sooo boring so let's have some FUN by looking at the trade this way - "This is what we gave up to get Jason Campbell: Paymah, LenDale White or someone of similar rating, and a 4th round pick this year." I believe we got a good deal. In the future, fellow ESers, your experience will be enhanced if you lighten up and actually read entire posts instead of responding thoughtlessly to a thread title.

Obviously the post wasnt that clear... Really the entire post hinges on one sentence. If you miss that, the entire meaning changes.

Maybe, in the future, you should not just assume everyone who reads your posts put the same time into reading it that you did writing it. Sorry, it just doesnt happen that way, even though it should.

Next time just add something to the title like, "Would you trade Campbell for Lendale White? I wouldnt." Help us out. We're a little slow. ;)

Not to mention Lendale White isnt a good example because we have no need for him...(and didnt at the time of the Campbell trade either)

Help us out. We're a little slow. ;)

Not to mention Lendale White isnt a good example because we have no need for him...(and didnt at the time of the Campbell trade either)

Terpfan, I guess I thought most Skins fans were geniuses! The only reason I used White's name was the two sources to which I referred, ESPN.com and foxsports.com, both speculated the Broncos to pick him there. I do not think the Skins would take him at 22.

If anything, I've learned never to post a purely "hypothetical-let's-have-some-fun-cause-it's-late-and-I'm-bored-with-the-offseason" thread.

I've also learned that reading comprehension is a precious commodity and I wish I knew how to sell it on the board. ;) Thanks for the title clarity.

As ol' Charlie Brown would say, "Good grief!" I am truly amazed at people freaking out over this thread and acting like I'm some idiot that wants LenDale White on our team. Please go back and read. Again, I am simply having fun by looking at who the Broncos might choose with our 22nd pick.

I fully understand that JC has not played a meaningful down. I certainly comprehend that we do not need a running back. I am completely aware that the DB that Denver selected last year with our 3rd round pick has not played enough to know. I can indeed fathom the possiblity that the Broncos may draft someone other than White. I even mentioned DeAngelo Williams as one that Kiper projected. It is all speculation at this juncture.

I was simply trying to say that the off-season is sooo boring so let's have some FUN by looking at the trade this way - "This is what we gave up to get Jason Campbell: Paymah, LenDale White or someone of similar rating, and a 4th round pick this year." I believe we got a good deal. In the future, fellow ESers, your experience will be enhanced if you lighten up and actually read entire posts instead of responding thoughtlessly to a thread title.

Had this been your initial post, you would not have caught all the **** you did. Your point was totally unclear.

But, after you cleared it up, I agree with you. It does turn out that we benefited with that trade.

Maybe you can change the title to something like: "We Did Well With the J.Campbell Trade; Here's Why..."

Had this been your initial post, you would not have caught all the **** you did. Your point was totally unclear.

But, after you cleared it up, I agree with you. It does turn out that we benefited with that trade.

Maybe you can change the title to something like: "We Did Well With the J.Campbell Trade; Here's Why..."

i still say that lendale white maybe a better NFL rb than bush b/c white has the size to take a pounding in the nfl,you need more than speed and flashy moves.:2cents:

Archived