Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade J. Campbell for LenDale White...

SouthernSkinsFan

Good thread.

It will be more interesting to see what Denver really takes with that pick though.

To answer the question though. JC definetly a better deal especially with him having one year watching behind the scenes.

I love your signature

Wow, a very salty bunch reading this thread. I think this brings up an excellent point. This is essentially what we gave up to get Jason Cambell so SSF was posing the question, "was it worth it?"

My Redskin bias makes me say yes if the Broncos do indeed take LenDale White. However, I have read rumors that the Broncos may package both of their 1st round picks to trade up to snag Vernon Davis. That would send me into a deep depression. I'm a huge Davis fan and seeing him go to the Broncos would really bother me. Outside of the NFC East rivals, there is not a team i dislike more than Denver. Never liked Elway, dont like Shannahan, loathe the Mile High Salute, and anything else Bronco.

Before posting please actually read the guys post.

I believe White will be a good RB. We personally have a RB so of course we wouldn't want him. But I also believe is a big bruising RB like the old skins. I just hope Porits can hold up. But If I had no team at all with no RB and no QB, I think I may want White. For our situation that had a RB and an again QB, it's obvious choice.

i agree it was a good trade for the skins, based on denvers projection. but still, it'd be etter to see who they really pick before passing a judgement.

or even, when pick 22 comes up, is there someone on the draft board that we could have chosen that would have been a better choice than JC?

personally i doubt that last possibility, without JC on our depth chart, QB is by far the weakest position on our roster from an age, depth, and injury perspective. without another QB we would have big problems - one injury away from disaster- no rookie fixes a problem like that. if we had not made the move to get into position to draft JC last year, we'd be either doing the same thing this year, or possibly have *overpaid* (i can write for espn, too!!) for a FA QB to get us another insurance policy for Brunell

I agree. I think we got the better end of the deal and I was one of the people last year screaming WHY WHY WHY when we drafted JC. Now I'm extremely excited to see how this kid pans out. He has the tools and I think this is the year when he will get to use them.

This is the funniest thread I've read in a while with some of these responses. Thank god for reading comprehension. :laugh:

I agree with Who Del. Neither of these guys has taken a snap in the NFL so it's impossible to say yet. JC could be a bust and Lendale could be the next Riggins for all we know....crappy Pro day and all. Where it stands right now, no one can say we made a bad decision, but we can't prove we made a good one. Time will tell.

Would you trade Jason Campbell with one year of watching/learning under his belt for LenDale White, Karl Paymah, and a fourth round pick? Mel Kiper, Chris Mortensen, and Tom Jackson are saying on ESPN.com that, with the 22nd pick this year, the Broncos could take White or DeAngelo Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/motion/echo/index?id=2395525&category=Top%20Videos

FoxSports also has Denver taking White with #22 in their most recent mock.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5469406

So if that were to happen, we would have given up IN THEORY: one of those running backs or someone rated lower than them; Paymah, a DB that Denver picked in the 3rd round last year; and this year's fourth round selection. In your opinion, was it worth it?

Personally, I say yes, it was worth it, even though we still don't know how JC will perform.

Man, I hate waiting for the season to begin.

No way... The only way I would is if Vince Young fell that far. JC is our only hope at QB right now. Trading him would leave the cubbard empy.

As ol' Charlie Brown would say, "Good grief!" I am truly amazed at people freaking out over this thread and acting like I'm some idiot that wants LenDale White on our team. Please go back and read. Again, I am simply having fun by looking at who the Broncos might choose with our 22nd pick.

I fully understand that JC has not played a meaningful down. I certainly comprehend that we do not need a running back. I am completely aware that the DB that Denver selected last year with our 3rd round pick has not played enough to know. I can indeed fathom the possiblity that the Broncos may draft someone other than White. I even mentioned DeAngelo Williams as one that Kiper projected. It is all speculation at this juncture.

I was simply trying to say that the off-season is sooo boring so let's have some FUN by looking at the trade this way - "This is what we gave up to get Jason Campbell: Paymah, LenDale White or someone of similar rating, and a 4th round pick this year." I believe we got a good deal. In the future, fellow ESers, your experience will be enhanced if you lighten up and actually read entire posts instead of responding thoughtlessly to a thread title.

Would you trade Jason Campbell with one year of watching/learning under his belt for LenDale White, Karl Paymah, and a fourth round pick? Mel Kiper, Chris Mortensen, and Tom Jackson are saying on ESPN.com that, with the 22nd pick this year, the Broncos could take White or DeAngelo Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/motion/echo/index?id=2395525&category=Top%20Videos

FoxSports also has Denver taking White with #22 in their most recent mock.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5469406

So if that were to happen, we would have given up IN THEORY: one of those running backs or someone rated lower than them; Paymah, a DB that Denver picked in the 3rd round last year; and this year's fourth round selection. In your opinion, was it worth it?

Personally, I say yes, it was worth it, even though we still don't know how JC will perform.

Man, I hate waiting for the season to begin.

LOL

I think the deal is in our favor at this point. The perception on Denver's part was that we would likely have a poor record and our pick would have greater value for them. Bronco fans had their eyes set on Leinart. So part of trade was contingent on our success, or lack of, last season, and we did well. The value of the pick we had sent to Denver went down and we got a talented, yet unproven, QB with a year of expereince.

They could still package their picks and potentially get into the top ten and get a highley rated prospect. Our pick may give them the ammuntion to do that. But even then you could not compare that selection straight up with JC.

I think the way you posed the original question was a little back to front SSF, it seems a little like you are in fact advocating trading Campbell in for White, however i think the question you meant to ask was something along the lines of "did we get the sweet end of the deal in the Campbell trade, considering who Denver is projected to draft" kind of thing.

I have to admit, it wasnt till i got to the end of page 1 that i fully understood your point.

This thread is stupid. Why would we pick up ANOTHER running back and trade our future starting quarterback? Go make out with Lendale White somewhere else.:doh:

Edit: I see what your are trying to say. No I would not do that because we have a workhorse in Portis and a future stud at QB. Plus we are a serious threat to make a lot of noise this season. We came out smelling like roses.

Archived