Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Masters Thread!!! Ta Daaa!!!!

21KO

As Tiger tees off, something occurred to me. Tiger might be so good that's he's just toying with everyone. He figures that it's no fun to just beat the field by 8 strokes. He's going to come back to make it more memorable for his fans, and to add to his legend.

Is that possible, or am I out of my mind?

Wait. Don't answer that.

Tiger is sitting where you almost think he likes to be. 2 behind the leader. And you know how those guys tend to start looking over their shoulder when he's that close. If Tiger starts to make a move, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the fellows up front.

Damn Tiger had the birdies all lined up to win this thing, DAMMIT! Did anyone read his lips on the last birdie? He said "unfreaking believable". I think he was referencing making a birdie put from that far out on the 18th after missing two Eagles of 10ft. What a bummer.

It appeared to me Tiger's head wasn't 100% in this one. Too much on his mind. Who can blame him? Still showed why he's the best in the game though. Oh well, if someone's going to win besides Tiger I'd want no other than Phil. Great tourney. :applause:

Sort of anti-climatic. Nice job Phil.

The rest of the field kind of collapsed around Phil. the way they usually do around Tiger. Give credit to Mickelson for not trying to do anything spectacular. Slow and steady usually wins the Masters.

I am really anticipating a Tiger/Phil showdown, hopefully in a major this year. Did you see Tiger present the green jacket? He gritted it out through his teeth as graciously as he could, saying "Nice job, bud...good hitting". Phil returned the compliment saying "Thank you" but it sounded as if he was almost surprised, like a "Wow, I can't believe you actually said something nice."

You can tell these guys genuinely don't care for one another too much. I wouldn't say hate or even dislike, but the rivalry is authentic even if Phil has a lot of catching up to do.

Looking forward to Winged Foot in 2 months.

Damn, I just read a few articles...Rocco Mediate...poor guy. You get the feeling that he could be one of the best if his back were healthy.

That's what I love about golf. Every once in a while, one of us regular guys can do something as good as, or better than the pros. In football for instance, I have no chance of doing anything as good as anyone on the field. In baseball, I'd go about 2-1000 at the plate, even though I can hit pretty well in softball games, and I'd have about a 60-80% error rate at any position in the field.

Hockey? Basketball? Faghettitaboutit.

But I guarantee if you put me at #12 at Augusta right now, no warm ups or anything, I can do better than 10! I bet I'd shoot 5 or 6.

Archived