Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Masters Thread!!! Ta Daaa!!!!

21KO

It's the only golf tournament I plan my life around. I'll watch others, of course. But Augusta has a special place. :notworthy

Here's the offical site. This year they have an "Amen Corner Live" feature similar to the 17th at Sawgrass cam that will let you watch 11, 12, and 13 continuously for hours and hours. Sweeeet.

84368.jpg

The only thing that sucks about the Masters is that damn theme music. LOL.....Other than that , best Major of the year. And skinfan2k, I think we will see a first-time Major winner this year. Although I would like to see Philly Mick or El Nino take it.

I like the Masters, but hate the lack of TV coverage. Only 3-4 hours a day, with a re-broadcast of Th/Fri coverage during prime time.

It clearly gets less TV time than any other major. I couldn't believe it last year when Tiger was making his move on Sun AM, and it wasn't televised. Hootie and all the pompous Augusta members need to wake up to the 21st century.

The Amen Corner cam sounds like a good idea so I can look at coverage during work, but I'd rather see more live coverage on TV. As much money as they make on the tournament, they should show more. Yes, they show less commercials, which I love, but with no more college basketball, I need to watch something!!!

dont worry.. tiger will win this for his daddy. HE too good and is the best golfer ever

He's the fave, of course - but his Dad might be a preoccupation for him.

Best ever? You're young so I'll let that slide. ;)

The only thing that sucks about the Masters is that damn theme music. LOL.....Other than that , best Major of the year. And skinfan2k, I think we will see a first-time Major winner this year. Although I would like to see Philly Mick or El Nino take it.

Oh man, what are you talking about? The theme music is the best! :applause: A miilion times better than that cheesy NBC trumpet crap.

Phil's feeling good coming off his big win last weekend, but my money's on Vijay.

I like the Masters, but hate the lack of TV coverage. Only 3-4 hours a day, with a re-broadcast of Th/Fri coverage during prime time.

It clearly gets less TV time than any other major. I couldn't believe it last year when Tiger was making his move on Sun AM, and it wasn't televised. Hootie and all the pompous Augusta members need to wake up to the 21st century.

The Amen Corner cam sounds like a good idea so I can look at coverage during work, but I'd rather see more live coverage on TV. As much money as they make on the tournament, they should show more. Yes, they show less commercials, which I love, but with no more college basketball, I need to watch something!!!

Agreed 1000000%. Thu and Fri coverage is WEAK! That might be a CBS thing, though. I don't know. On Sunday they should start coverage at 8am - that's not asking too much is it?

As far as coverage goes, I'm especially stoked because this'll be the first year I'll be able to watch it in HD. So, yay for me.

Agreed 1000000%. Thu and Fri coverage is WEAK! That might be a CBS thing, though. I don't know. On Sunday they should start coverage at 8am - that's not asking too much is it?

As far as coverage goes, I'm especially stoked because this'll be the first year I'll be able to watch it in HD. So, yay for me.

Any sports in HD is great, just wish all live events were in HD. As far as TV coverage, I'm pretty sure that Hootie and friends control the broadcast, which is how they can limit the amount of commercials. If this were left to CBS, the Masters would become too commericalized I'm sure. I think thats what Hootie doesn't want. I understand this 100%, but I still like the idea of 8am weekend golf :)

eh...don't remind me of the Masters....if we don't rent our house out it's hell for a week because going anywhere takes about 5 hours!!!!!!!!!!! damn tourists drive so freaking sloooooooooooooooow

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Any sports in HD is great, just wish all live events were in HD. As far as TV coverage, I'm pretty sure that Hootie and friends control the broadcast, which is how they can limit the amount of commercials. If this were left to CBS, the Masters would become too commericalized I'm sure. I think thats what Hootie doesn't want. I understand this 100%, but I still like the idea of 8am weekend golf :)

Yea, I love the limited commercials on the weekend, but would suffer through them for more coverage Thu and Fri.

And BTW, so far only the Masters and the PGA will be in HD this year. Which sucks. I know golf requires more cameras than probably any other sport, and they're expensive, but come on... :doh:

eh...don't remind me of the Masters....if we don't rent our house out it's hell for a week because going anywhere takes about 5 hours!!!!!!!!!!! damn tourists drive so freaking sloooooooooooooooow

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Awww, poor baby! Hey hook me up with some tickets for next year! I'll rent your house! ;) My buddy has some but since he got married he takes his WIFE with him...can you imagine??

Awww, poor baby! Hey hook me up with some tickets for next year! I'll rent your house! ;) My buddy has some but since he got married he takes his WIFE with him...can you imagine??

:laugh: :laugh: won't be around next year....be in college....last year the people who rented our house left expensive vodka and wine in our fridge...how nice of them!

Mickelson Triggers A Technology Buzz

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Art Stricklin

Technology talk over two drivers in the bag at once dominated the second day of pre-tournament interviews from the Masters.

Former Masters champion Phil Mickelson kicked the topic into high gear last week when he won the BellSouth Classic, using two different drivers, one for a draw and another one when a faded tee shot was required. With a 13-stroke victory in Atlanta and the promise to use both drivers at this week's Tournament, players were buzzing over his equipment statement.

http://www.masters.org/en_US/news/articles/2006-04-04/200604041144174699443.html

:laugh: :laugh: won't be around next year....be in college....last year the people who rented our house left expensive vodka and wine in our fridge...how nice of them!

Well good for you - I would've left a couple of empty bottles of 1800 and taco bell wrappers :)

Mickelson Triggers A Technology Buzz

Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Art Stricklin

Technology talk over two drivers in the bag at once dominated the second day of pre-tournament interviews from the Masters.

Former Masters champion Phil Mickelson kicked the topic into high gear last week when he won the BellSouth Classic, using two different drivers, one for a draw and another one when a faded tee shot was required. With a 13-stroke victory in Atlanta and the promise to use both drivers at this week's Tournament, players were buzzing over his equipment statement.

http://www.masters.org/en_US/news/articles/2006-04-04/200604041144174699443.html

The golf greats are probably screaming right now :doh:

Sorry but to me using 2 drivers is like cheating, the great thing about the pros is the ability to hit multiple shots with one club, if you take out the guess work then it is just swinging and going for it, takes the fun out.

I will say nice move by Phil and depending on how he does this week others might follow.

The key this week though is putting, and Phil is not a great putter. The greens are going to be like marble with no rain.

The golf greats are probably screaming right now :doh:

Sorry but to me using 2 drivers is like cheating, the great thing about the pros is the ability to hit multiple shots with one club, if you take out the guess work then it is just swinging and going for it, takes the fun out.

I will say nice move by Phil and depending on how he does this week others might follow.

The key this week though is putting, and Phil is not a great putter. The greens are going to be like marble with no rain.

I'd love to see today's golfers play with equipment from the old days, on courses from the old days. :laugh:

Not bashing today's players, but it's a different game today because of the technology.

And you're right about the greens - no rain in sight. They won't hold approach shots and they'll be off the scale on the stimpmeter. Tiger said anyone who got into double digits would be "damn lucky"

Gonna be great!

It's not like Phil get's an extra club. He's limited to 14, so why care if he takes out the 2 iron and adds an extra wood?

Would it be okay if 1 was a 6.5 degree loft and the other a 7 degree? Afterall, isnt that the only real difference between a "Driver" and a "3 wood"?

My pick to win-

Chris Dimarco.

It's not like Phil get's an extra club. He's limited to 14, so why care if he takes out the 2 iron and adds an extra wood?

Would it be okay if 1 was a 6.5 degree loft and the other a 7 degree? Afterall, isnt that the only real difference between a "Driver" and a "3 wood"?

My pick to win-

Chris Dimarco.

Yeah, you can carry 14 clubs -- doesn't matter what combination of irons and woods you decide to carry.

Personally, I don't even carry a driver. Can't hit it straight enough. I've got a 3, 5 and 9 wood. I'll carry an 11 wood if I ever find one again!

I am going to the Friday round. This will be the 3rd time I have been able to go. I havent been since 2001.

If you like golf this place is absolutely AMAZING. The only sporting events that are a must for me is Masters, Redskins, and football in Knoxville. Even if you are not a UT Vols fan the atmosphere is amazing!

Go Phil and Big John!

Yeah, you can carry 14 clubs -- doesn't matter what combination of irons and woods you decide to carry.

Personally, I don't even carry a driver. Can't hit it straight enough. I've got a 3, 5 and 9 wood. I'll carry an 11 wood if I ever find one again!

Come to south florida. Every golf shop around has them by the bucketfull. Every 85 year old needs them.

I've carried 2 drivers before. 1 with 6 degree loft and 1 with a 10.5. I used the 6 degree on 1 specific hole. Par 5, 530 that I wanted to hit in 2. And yanked it hard left into the woods and made 6.

Come to south florida. Every golf shop around has them by the bucketfull. Every 85 year old needs them.

I've carried 2 drivers before. 1 with 6 degree loft and 1 with a 10.5. I used the 6 degree on 1 specific hole. Par 5, 530 that I wanted to hit in 2. And yanked it hard left into the woods and made 6.

I've got a driving iron, which seems to work best for me on long, narrow fairways. Generally take the 3-wood off the tee.

My pick to win-

Chris Dimarco.

Chris should have won last year. Tiger's chip on 16 was stupid lucky. Hope he does well this weekend.

The thing about Phil to me is not his choice of which clubs to carry (I think he gave up one of his lob wedges- heard him the other day talk about how tight it was around the greens-bad for chipping w/so much loft) but the idea of how technology has progressed so far. It's not illegal, but it takes away from the game and that's why Augusta has made so many changes since Tiger smoked the field a few years back. It raises my hackles when people compare today's golfers to those of yesteryear. I know you weren't doing that, just saying...

I am going to the Friday round. This will be the 3rd time I have been able to go. I havent been since 2001.

If you like golf this place is absolutely AMAZING. The only sporting events that are a must for me is Masters, Redskins, and football in Knoxville. Even if you are not a UT Vols fan the atmosphere is amazing!

Go Phil and Big John!

that's nice - just rub it in, why dontcha? Here's some more salt....

lucky SOB... :cheers:

give a shout out to ES when the camera's on you

Go Phil and Big John!

I want to have your baby!!! :cheers:

My dream is to walk Augusta... :notworthy

Archived