Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT - Sopranos

Yomar

Ever since the Russian got away from Christopher and Pauly in the state forest, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I waited through the rest of Season 3, and the year and a half since, and still not even a hint of it this episode...but thats my own pet peeve I suppose, nice to see the family again. It looks like Tony is in for a bunch of panic attacks this season, Carmella is probably the only person in the entire show he can count on.

Living in Jersey, I am required by law to watch the Sopranos faithfully, or face the possibility of having my residency revoked. I thought the season opener was a bit disappointing. Didn't hold a candle to last year's awesome 2 hr opener. This one was more of a tease for everything that's gonna happen this year.

Still, I won't be far from my TV Sunday nights!!!! Capeesh!:cool: :asta: :asta:

Sundays are the best television days hands down.

IMHO there are only 2 non-sports programs that are worth watching on television (The Simpsons and The Sopranos) and both of them come on the air on Sunday. Add football to that mix and Sunday is my day to sit on the couch and ignore my girlfriend.

:pint:

Yomar,

"Pine Barrens" was the best Soprano's ever. It was directed by Stehen Buscemi (Mr Pink in Tarantinno's Reservoir Dogs). I still laugh when I think about Paulie and Christopher scarfing down catsup packets and relish in that panel truck like they're members of Shacklelton's antarctic expidition.

Last night's episode was definitely a disapointment, but it looks like David Chase is setting things up for what happens the rest of this season and beyond to the series finale next year.

Tony having money troubles is an interesting angle. Christopher is clearly headed for problems with his "needle habit" and Andrea's undercover FBI gal pal.

I suspect that this season will be darker and show more of the negative consequences of tony's actions in preparation for his "final fall" in season five.

Anyways i'm glad it's back, after 18 months off it gives me something else to do on Sundays.

---

paraphrased from "Pine Barrens"

Tony: (on cellphone yelling at Paulie) You gotta get this guy! He's a Russian commando for the Interior ministry. The f#ck killed 16 people in Chechnya with his bare hands!

Paulie: (desperately trying to hear on his cell which has a poor connection) Say what T!!?? Damn my cell went out! Piece of sh@t!!

Christopher: What did Tony say?

Paulie: The russian's crazy! He killed 16 Czechoslavakians and he's an interior decorator!!

Christopher: Damn we're f%cked!!! He's an interior decoroator? His apartmemnt looked like sh#t.

Originally posted by codeorama

I've always wanted to watch the Soprano's, but never had HBO until this year. Is the First season out on DVD?

I'd like to watch it from the beginning.

Sign up for Netflix. You get 3-4 episodes per DVD, and each season is 13 episodes. And yes, seasons 1,2 and 3 are all available. And great.

Tony: (on cellphone yelling at Paulie) You gotta get this guy! He's a Russian commando for the Interior ministry. The f#ck killed 16 people in Chechnya with his bare hands!

Paulie: (desperately trying to hear on his cell which has a poor connection) Say what T!!?? Damn my cell went out! Piece of sh@t!!

Christopher: What did Tony say?

Paulie: The russian's crazy! He killed 16 Czechoslavakians and he's an interior decorator!!

Christopher: Damn we're f%cked!!! He's an interior decoroator? His apartmemnt looked like sh#t.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My wife would agree with you both, but I actually think it's an interesting part of the show. They do go a bit overboard, though, with showing her in therapy as well. Still, I thought "Employee of the Month was one of the best episodes last year, especially the ending. One thing that's so incredible about the Sopranos - they never follow the typical b.s. where all the loose ends have to be tied up at the end.

Ok, here's my non-scoop scoop. I attend the same college as the hypothetical Meadow Soprano. Last February, as I was walking back to my apt, I ran into the Sopranos film crew a couple of blocks from campus, at 112th and Broadway. Tony was there, sitting in his big SUV, and they were filming a scene where a guy was coming out of a building to talk to Tony. It was a really short and simple scene, but they were filming it over and over again.

Anyways, thats not the point. The point is, why would they bother shooting on location near the campus if Meadow doesnt actually attend school this year? I don't know for sure, I didnt actually see HER there, but it seems like way too much of a coincidence to me.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

The shrink will be the key piece in season 5. She'll be the "suprise witness" the feds use to nail Tony.

No chance he gets whacked. This isn't The Valerie Harper Show.

The shrink can't testify. It would violate therapist-patient confidentiality which has been upheld by the Supreme Court. It would make a mockery of what has so far, been a well-written series.

And yes, since there will be one more season after this, you can be assured that Tony won't get whacked.

I have only seen one episode of The Sopranos in my entire life, and it is driving me insane. I really need to get HBO.

I saw the one where Tony got sick and had all these crazy fever dreams when I was up in Syracuse in February. I just remember thinking how freakin' awesome it was.

Archived