Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cold War 2??? (Extreme Islam)

Renegade7

I had this crazy idea, and I felt like running it through the extremeskins faithful:

Should the democratic world just go ahead and treat this extremist islam like communisim? In other words, work on containing it and letting it destroy itself much like we did with Russia during the Cold War? Instead of trying to convert them to democracy, lets just contain that entire area, cripple their economy, and watch the people of the middle east overthrow the extremists themselves. Let them have there crazy fun, if that's what they want. Sensible people will just leave (easier said then done, I know) or the governments would be so crippled from lack of money that they'd just flat out die. Sanctions and a dependency of hydrogen for fuel instead of oil ought to do the trick.

What do ya'll think? Crazy idea, right?

I agree, but then they ask us to come back. We just do it in the form of the UN. Then, they get pissed at us again. It's a vicious cycle.

We don't have to go back if we don't want to. That's how they fall apart, because when they need us (or the UN) we just won't come.

Yeah, but they've been at this LONG before we started going over there, and they still exist. It's a religion, so I doubt it will crumble like Communism did. But lets run an experiment. Let's try it on the scientologists first, and see if they disappear. If it works we'll try it :D .

Yeah, but they've been at this LONG before we started going over there, and they still exist. It's a religion, so I doubt it will crumble like Communism did. But lets run an experiment. Let's try it on the scientologists first, and see if they disappear. If it works we'll try it :D .

:laugh: No, no. I'm not talking about killing Islam. I'm talking about watching the people of the middle east get fed up with EXTEMIST Islam. You can go ahead with the whole "wipe out Scientology" thing. I have no problem with them as long as they're not plotting to blow me to pieces. ;)

Containment is probably the dumbest idea for defeating radical religion. The best way to defeat it is through cultural diffusion. Further isolation will lead to further hate. Though actions through military intervention will almost certainly not effect beliefs in a negative way. Look at the Romans, the more Christians they killed the faster the religion grew.

Archived