Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Know any card tricks?

Commander PK

At the request of Pleaseblitz, I've started this thread. :cheers:

This is the only one I know, but it always impresses.

Get a deck of cards, and count out 21 of them.

Make 3 columns of 7 cards, make sure the cards overlap each other from bottom to top, so the second card in the column, is partially on top of the 1st card, and so on.

Make a pattern that looks like this (with the cards overlapping. This is important, the trick won't work if the cards don't stay in order.)

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

ask somebody to pick a card in one of the columns. Ask them to tell you which column the card is in. Not the card itself. Then you pick the cards up starting with one of the other two rows, making sure that you keep them in order. For Example, if the person stated my card is in the middle row. You would pick the cards up by picking up one of the other 2 columns first, then picking up the one in the middle (where the person's card is) then the last column. Now you place the cards back down one at a time into the original pattern again, but you have too put them down left to right. Not top to bottom. So you are gonna start the pattern like this

X X X

then

X X X

X

then

X X X

X X

and so on, till you have 3 columns of 7 cards again.

Ask the person where the card is now. Let's say they say "column 3, far right" You repeat, pick the cards up in the same manner as before, (making sure they stay in order, and that "column 3, far right" is the one in the middle. Lay the cards back down in the same manner, left to right, until you get 3 columns of 7 again.

Ask the person one last time where the card is at now. They say "same column, far right." Pick the cards up again, again keeping them in order. Once you have this done. Count the cards down until you get to the 11th card. (Add some theatrics to this, by acting like you are actually thinking about which card theirs could be.) Toss the 11th card on the table. This card will ALWAYS be their card if the trick is done right. This is a pretty cool card trick. People always want to know how it works.

All I know is that somehow, the process eliminates the other 20 cards.

At the request of Pleaseblitz, I've started this thread. :cheers:

This is the only one I know, but it always impresses.

Get a deck of cards, and count out 21 of them.

Make 3 columns of 7 cards, make sure the cards overlap each other from bottom to top, so the second card in the column, is partially on top of the 1st card, and so on.

Make a pattern that looks like this (with the cards overlapping. This is important, the trick won't work if the cards don't stay in order.)

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

X X X

ask somebody to pick a card in one of the columns. Ask them to tell you which column the card is in. Not the card itself. Then you pick the cards up starting with one of the other two rows, making sure that you keep them in order. For Example, if the person stated my card is in the middle row. You would pick the cards up by picking up one of the other 2 columns first, then picking up the one in the middle (where the person's card is) then the last column. Now you place the cards back down one at a time into the original pattern again, but you have too put them down left to right. Not top to bottom. So you are gonna start the pattern like this

X X X

then

X X X

X

then

X X X

X X

and so on, till you have 3 columns of 7 cards again.

Ask the person where the card is now. Let's say they say "column 3, far right" You repeat, pick the cards up in the same manner as before, (making sure they stay in order, and that "column 3, far right" is the one in the middle. Lay the cards back down in the same manner, left to right, until you get 3 columns of 7 again.

Ask the person one last time where the card is at now. They say "same column, far right." Pick the cards up again, again keeping them in order. Once you have this done. Count the cards down until you get to the 11th card. (Add some theatrics to this, by acting like you are actually thinking about which card theirs could be.) Toss the 11th card on the table. This card will ALWAYS be their card if the trick is done right. This is a pretty cool card trick. People always want to know how it works.

All I know is that somehow, the process eliminates the other 20 cards.

cool! i think i used to know how to do this when I was younger.... I'm going to try it

cool! i think i used to know how to do this when I was younger.... I'm going to try it

It's really not a hard trick. If I explained it well enough, you shouldn't have any problems. I always like pulling this one out, when your taking a break from the poker game. :)

I got one.

First arrange the cards by suit and number order, so when you lay them out they are in order from ace to 2, for each suit. Like hearts ace through 2, then spades ace through 2 and so on for each suit.

Show someone your cards by placing them on the table. Place them so they can see that the cards are in order. Overlapping each other on the table is best.

Next you let someone cut the deck. Cut the deck one time only. Like cutting them in half or something. When you pick the cards back up look at the bottom card. But don't let anyone notice.

After looking at the bottom card... If it is a 2 then you are set. Lay them back out in order on the table and they will be amazed.

Note... You probably won't get the 2 to appear on the bottom after the first cut, so let them keep cutting the deck over and over till the 2 pops up. The more they cut the deck, the better. Cause after cutting the deck a bunch of times that makes the trick look more impressive.

So, get the 2 on bottom and lay them back out. and Whammo, your a hit.

Don't ask me how it works. I am dumbfounded.

I got one.

First arrange the cards by suit and number order, so when you lay them out they are in order from ace to 2, for each suit. Like hearts ace through 2, then spades ace through 2 and so on for each suit.

Show someone your cards by placing them on the table. Place them so they can see that the cards are in order. Overlapping each other on the table is best.

Next you let someone cut the deck. Cut the deck one time only. Like cutting them in half or something. When you pick the cards back up look at the bottom card. But don't let anyone notice.

After looking at the bottom card... If it is a 2 then you are set. Lay them back out in order on the table and they will be amazed.

Note... You probably won't get the 2 to appear on the bottom after the first cut, so let them keep cutting the deck over and over till the 2 pops up. The more they cut the deck, the better. Cause after cutting the deck a bunch of times that makes the trick look more impressive.

So, get the 2 on bottom and lay them back out. and Whammo, your a hit.

Don't ask me how it works. I am dumbfounded.

what do you accomplish with this trick?

what do you accomplish with this trick?

Try it. Basically the objective is to convince the audience that the cards have been magically put back in order by the magician, after the deck has been cut time after time, jumbling the cards in a seemingly unpredictable way.

Archived