Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aer you tired of the endless Iraq threads?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Nice try. But its not checkmate and I won't let you box me in.

I do feel that it is justified, else they would have died in vain. Quoting a Marine "If we leave now, without finishing the job, it will dishonor the name and family of every comrade who has died here so far."

On that note, I have to go for the evening. Thank you fellow extremers for a good days discussion.

I am not trying to box you in.

I'm trying to get you to understand that many people died. That should not be taken lightly.

Yes, now we are there. Now we deal with it.

Was the decision to attack Iraq a good decision???

To keep this country safe and free I would sacrifice 10,000 more lives including my own

When would you include your own?

Number 1? Number 2? Number 10,000?

Clearly it's not one of the first 2000+....

Would you sacrifice 9,999 lives before sacrificing your own??

I think the the death toll for me personally was around 500 when I got there and a little over a thousand when I left. So I guess I would at least fall somewhere between those numbers on your scale. I do prefer the "let them die for their cause instead of me dieing for mine" approach that Patton advocated.

I have spent my time in, have you? I was honorably discharged, because I couldn't cut it due to reagrivation of my knee injury. If I could I would gladly serve over there and die if need be

I think the the death toll for me personally was around 500 when I got there and a little over a thousand when I left. So I guess I would at least fall somewhere between those numbers on your scale. I do prefer the "let them die for their cause instead of me dieing for mine" approach that Patton advocated.

Thank you for your service!

Yet please do not call it "my scale." I was merely trying to show gchwood that saying "I would sacrifice my life" does not equate to actually doing it.

Unfortunately it seems many do not comprehend the value of a human life.

Yet please do not call it "my scale." I was merely trying to show gchwood that saying "I would sacrifice my life" does not equate to actually doing it.

See you have to know the whole story before assuming that I wouldn't truely sacrifice myself for my country. Military doesn't typically keep around those that can't hardly walk without their knee giving way

I have spent my time in, have you? I was honorably discharged, because I couldn't cut it due to reagrivation of my knee injury. If I could I would gladly serve over there and die if need be

No, I have never served.

But I have great respect for those who do.

So do you.

You cannot bear thinking their deaths were not justified.

So you make yourself believe that they were.

I cannot bear thinking that either. But neither can I bear lying to them or to myself about it.

I choose to acknowledge this great tragedy.

I know that you guys(opponents of the war) don't like hearing this, and some how try to say it isn't true, and this is nothing personal against you..but

Thanks from people that belittle and margianilize everything we are doing or have done over there rings hollow and quite frankly means very little if anything. Sorry but if you think I put my life on the line and watched friends die and be maimed for nothing more than corporate profits than I would prefer you just keep your thanks to yourself.

Am I objective about the whole thing? I try to be, but most certainly am not.

No, I have never served.

But I have great respect for those who do.

So do you.

You cannot bear thinking their deaths were not justified.

So you make yourself believe that they were.

I cannot bear thinking that either. But neither can I bear lying to them or to myself about it.

I choose to acknowledge this great tragedy.

I do think that their deaths are justified, it is not me lying to myself I beleive in what we are doing in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I beleive that the US is blessed with being the only superpower and that we should stand up for the injustices handed down by the cruel and oppressive.

See for me Iraq is not about 9/11 it is about Saddam and removing him and his supporters, it is about liberating a people group where genocide has been practiced for years, knid of like why we went in to Somolia.

Do I think that Saddam had contacts with Al quaeda? Sure, but I think that Osama deserve retribution for that. Saddam deserves retribution for other things that are just as bad just not to us.

I do think that their deaths are justified, it is not me lying to myself I beleive in what we are doing in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I beleive that the US is blessed with being the only superpower and that we should stand up for the injustices handed down by the cruel and oppressive.

See for me Iraq is not about 9/11 it is about Saddam and removing him and his supporters, it is about liberating a people group where genocide has been practiced for years, knid of like why we went in to Somolia.

Do I think that Saddam had contacts with Al quaeda? Sure, but I think that Osama deserve retribution for that. Saddam deserves retribution for other things that are just as bad just not to us.

Did you feel this way on Mar. 17, 2003?

Did the way you justified the war change since then?

Did you feel this way on Mar. 17, 2003?

Did the way you justified the war change since then?

I felt this way in '92 when Saddam decided to invade Kuwait, it didn't change from the time I was 11 to the time I was 21 and it won't change when I am 31,41,51, or 61.

I know that you guys(opponents of the war) don't like hearing this, and some how try to say it isn't true, and this is nothing personal against you..but

Thanks from people that belittle and margianilize everything we are doing or have done over there rings hollow and quite frankly means very little if anything. Sorry but if you think I put my life on the line and watched friends die and be maimed for nothing more than corporate profits than I would prefer you just keep your thanks to yourself.

Am I objective about the whole thing? I try to be, but most certainly am not.

This war is a horrible tragedy.

Our soldiers did not die for nothing. They died for their country.

They were not sent there for their country.

Yet they still died for it.

That is the unbearable part.

I felt this way in '92 when Saddam decided to invade Kuwait, it didn't change from the time I was 11 to the time I was 21 and it won't change when I am 31,41,51, or 61.

Yes, because changing that, for you, is the same as saying that our soldiers died for nothing.

Every single one of them died for their country.

You do not need to objectively justify it.

Even if we should have never attacked Iraq.

Every single one of them died for their country.

This war is a horrible tragedy.

Our soldiers did not die for nothing. They died for their country.

They were not sent there for their country.

Yet they still died for it.

That is the unbearable part.

It is only a tragedy if your concept of objectives have not been met.

I feel that it has been a sucess and is continuing to get better and better, but my objectives for this war is removal of Saddam, eliminating his supporters, freeing the Iraqi people, setting up a new democratic government.

It is only a tragedy if your concept of objectives have not been met.

I feel that it has been a sucess and is continuing to get better and better, but my objectives for this war is removal of Saddam, eliminating his supporters, freeing the Iraqi people, setting up a new democratic government.

Yes, anything that can distract us from thinking about the horrible mistake we have made.

Which is?

Attacking Iraq on Mar 19, 2003.

4 months after it allowed UN inspectors in (first time in over 4 years)

18 days after Saddam started destroying missles (per inspector's requests)....

Threat of invasion was working.

Saddam started to disarm.

Then we invaded.

Attacking Iraq on Mar 19, 2003.

4 months after it allowed UN inspectors in (first time in over 4 years)

18 days after Saddam started destroying missles....

Which has nothing to do with the objectives that I had and the feeling that he should have been removed from power 14-15 years ago

Which has nothing to do with the objectives that I had and the feeling that he should have been removed from power 14-15 years ago

So be it.

Now we have to live with knowing that even though...

Threat of invasion was working.

Saddam started to disarm.

We invaded.

Archived