Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aer you tired of the endless Iraq threads?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So be it.

Now we have to live with knowing that even though...

Threat of invasion was working.

Saddam started to disarm.

We invaded.

In February 1998 Saddam kicked out the weapon inspectors, 2 weeks later I was sitting in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle on the border between Kuwait and Iraq...the weapons inspectors were allowed back in. Care to guess what happened in November of 1998? If you don't want to guess, just reread the first sentence, except this time it was a different brigade of the 3ID.

The threat worked then also, until the threat was deemed by Saddam to be nothing more than that...a threat.

In February 1998 Saddam kicked out the weapon inspectors, 2 weeks later I was sitting in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle on the border between Kuwait and Iraq...the weapons inspectors were allowed back in. Care to guess what happened in November of 1998? If you don't want to guess, just reread the first sentence, except this time it was a different brigade of the 3ID.

The threat worked then also, until the threat was deemed by Saddam to be nothing more than that...a threat.

What were our objectives for the war?

Did we achieve them?

Could we have achieved them without the war? We will never know.

It is a matter of opinion, and clearly you strongly subscribe to "No."

I will not try to convince you. Dealing with "what if the answer is Yes" is up to you.

I think that many are focusing too much on the should we have gone to war with Iraq. Hence, the endless threads.

The fact is, we are at war with Iraq. Let's focus our attention on how to win. We can debate the right or wrong later, because we CANNOT leave until the job is done. Which is when Iraq's government is self-sufficient.

Archived