Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Brown

Fury010

Why not sign Josh Brown to an offer sheet? Seattle tendered him with a 712K offer that would just require a 7th round draft choice if he changes teams. The guy has a powerful leg and would be a better option than John "I'm Hurt" Hall.

Why not sign Josh Brown to an offer sheet? Seattle tendered him with a 712K offer that would just require a 7th round draft choice if he changes teams. The guy has a powerful leg and would be a better option than John "I'm Hurt" Hall.

Just wondering, but do you have a link to verify the draft pick we would send Seattle? I have heard it's a lot higher than that from very reputable sources. And by reputable, I mean WB and Blue Talon. :doh:

Just wondering, but do you have a link to verify the draft pick we would send Seattle? I have heard it's a lot higher than that from very reputable sources. And by reputable, I mean WB and Blue Talon. :doh:

I don't have a link but I assure you it's a 7th rounder. I am ALL for this idea.

Looks like Dallas is getting him - from the link posted earlier on KFFL. I wanted Edinger!

Dallas already got Vanderjagt. Look at the Around the NFL sub-forum.

Seattle will match any reasonable offer for Josh Brown guaranteed, they have more cap space to work with and will not hesitate to hold on to a relatively young kicker of that calibur.

Dallas signed Vanderjagt. Do your research son, posting is a privilege not a right punk.

Easy on the roid rage Terry.

Brown would most definitely be an upgrade over Hall. I'm getting sick of kickoffs being returned from the 14yd line

Dallas already got Vanderjagt. Look at the Around the NFL sub-forum.

Seattle will match any reasonable offer for Josh Brown guaranteed, they have more cap space to work with and will not hesitate to hold on to a relatively young kicker of that calibur.

It does say that all would be required is a 7th rd pick for compensation, so the chances of them matching it are slim, if thats what they are offering.

What's that about?

I don't remember ever saying anything about Josh Brown's RFA status, so please don't put words in my mouth or on my keyboard.

Seattle offered a low tender to all of our RFAs (Josh Brown, Seneca Wallace QB, and Wayne Hunter T). That means if a team signs any of them and Seattle doesn't match the offer, Seattle receives a draft pick in compensation equal to the round in which the player was drafted. Brown was drafted in the 7th round, so Seattle would get a 7th round pick if they didn't match an offer.

Take your :doh: back.

In the summer of 2005, I saw Josh Brown and Neil Rackers kick field goals at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey. Apparently, they both have the same kicking coach. I would be all for signing this guy for a 7th round pick. Him and Rackers were kicking 55+ yard field goals, AND they were going 10 yards through the uprights.

Archived