Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two Things I'll Miss Next Football Season 2006/07! Sadly

DCMONEY

Let me 1st say I love debating with my fellow Skins fans on this forum. Gives me a release. I recently lost my father on Feb 26, 2006. He was a big Skins fan and I'll miss talking to him after Skins wins and losses. The last time I really spent a few hours with him was after the Skins whooped the Cowbums the 2nd time around this past season. I saw him after the win but we spent about 3 hours after that Skins win over the Cowbums talking about the Skins win.

Also about a month before my father's passing, a real good friend of mine who was the biggest Cowbum fan around was murdered. I mean you couldn't find a bigger Cowbum fan around than him. I'll miss him calling me and yelling how bout them Stars! I can remember him calling me from Dallas when him and friends flew down there. He was yelling when the Cowbums were up 13-0. Of course when I called back at the end he didn't pick up. When the Skins beat the Cowbums the 2nd time around, I never really got a chance to rub it in the way I wanted to. I'll miss debating and yelling with him. Sometimes he'd say stuff just to kick things off about the Skins and Cowbums. Anyway I'll miss him.

Hey, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your losses. I know how that losing a parent thing is. I lost both of mine in a short period of time. So if getting on here arguing with these folks helps you out. By all means do your thing!!!!!

May God bless you and yours...................and for those of you that don't believe in God please don't write anything about it. Just keep on going!!!!

I'm so sorry for your losses! I hope the best for you, and you have my thoughts and well-wishes. I can't really say I know how you feel, but I did recently lose my grandfather. He is the one that gave me my love for the 'Skins, so every once in a while during the season I brought my little battery-powered hand-held TV and sat at his grave watching the game with him. That was my catharsis, I hope you find yours.

I'm sitting here in the living room reading extremeskins.com with tears running down my face. This thread hit me hard. So far, I don't think my family has noticed though. Got to try to keep up the tough guy appearances, although I don't mind them understanding how much I love my dad.

I'm sorry for your losses. It is good to see that you take comfort in the relationships that you had with your dads.

Just last night my dad let us know that his cancer is growing fast again and he only has a few months to live. One of the many things that came to mind was that he won't make it to this upcoming season. He took me to my first games in the sixties, and taught me the game. I'm going to miss conversations about the skins with my dad this season too.

I'd go call him right now, but If he's up and able to, I know he'll be watching the tournament.

Thanks for starting this thread. Here's to our dads. :cheers:

I'm sitting here in the living room reading extremeskins.com with tears running down my face. This thread hit me hard. So far, I don't think my family has noticed though. Got to try to keep up the tough guy appearances, although I don't mind them understanding how much I love my dad.

I'm sorry for your losses. It is good to see that you take comfort in the relationships that you had with your dads.

Just last night my dad let us know that his cancer is growing fast again and he only has a few months to live. One of the many things that came to mind was that he won't make it to this upcoming season. He took me to my first games in the sixties, and taught me the game. I'm going to miss conversations about the skins with my dad this season too.

I'd go call him right now, but If he's up and able to, I know he'll be watching the tournament.

Thanks for starting this thread. Here's to our dads. :cheers:

Main man know that God will never put more on you than you can handle. I work at Walter Reed and I deal with Cancer patients everyday. I know how tough it is. I'll pray for your pops and your family.

DCMONEY and SANTANAFAN

Im both saddened and inspired by your losses. Reading of your recent accounts has inspired me to ponder on what I still have. My father is 100% responsible, as Im sure your fathers were too, for me being a diehard skins fan. To this day, pops and I have never been to a skins game together. And remembering that at any moment we could lose a loved one, thats all the reason I need to treat my dad to a father/son skins game this upcoming season. Again, Im sorry to hear of your losses. But Im grateful that you shared it with all of us. My father will reap the benefits. Stay Strong fellas.

Main man know that God will never put more on you than you can handle. I work at Walter Reed and I deal with Cancer patients everyday. I know how tough it is. I'll pray for your pops and your family.

Thanks. I very much appreciate that. His faith has grown strong these last couple of years and he said he's looking forward to what lies ahead as the Lord calls him home.

This thread is really moving.

My father also took me to my first skins game in the early nineties back at RFK.

After losing my Mother to breast cancer nine years ago, he has raised my brother and I all by himself. It's not easy but we make it.

Here's to our Fathers :cheers:

This thread is really moving.

My father also took me to my first skins game in the early nineties back at RFK.

After losing my Mother to breast cancer nine years ago, he has raised my brother and I all by himself. It's not easy but we make it.

Here's to our Fathers :cheers:

Amen :notworthy Sorry for your loss. My hat goes off to your pops for stepping up to the plate and raising his family. Stay strong in prayer main man. Thats the best resource.

What can one say after that which has already been said? Sorry for those of you here for your losses. But good to know you remember those times they were with you as well. Thougts and prayers for you all. Let this place be your refuge should you need it at times. We'll be around. :)

I'll never forget my last conversation with my father. It was 1980, and he was in ICU due to a heart attack. I knew he was going to die, and it was my last chance to talk to him. The first thing he said was, "they wont let me have a newspaper whats going on with the Redskins? "

I can't remember my dad and I ever agreeing on anything, and we had nothing in common, except the Redskins. He took me to my first game when I was about 8 years old, and we watched the games together every Sunday from the mid 60's to when he passed in 1980. I'm one off 8 kids and I was the one he chose to ask about the Redskins.

I feel your pain, and I know it's tough, but it does get better. 1980 was a tough season for me. Sometimes now I think of my dad when the Redskins win and just smile and think he would had loved this.

JC

I share in your grief DCMONEY. My dad died the day after the 'Skins put a whoopin on Dallas. I turned from joy to grief in 24 hours. Two months later, my mom died. Both were big Redskins fans living Pinehurst N.C. and boy was it alot of fun watching the games when they were living up here. My dad took me to a game at RFK in the seventies where Larry Brown beat up on the Cowboys.

Before Coach Gibbs, my mom never really paid much attention to football.

The minister at her eulogy said "And one of her biggest loves were... being a fan of The Washington Redskins."

My sympathies to you and to those who have recently lost a loved one.

I share in your grief DCMONEY. My dad died the day after the 'Skins put a whoopin on Dallas. I turned from joy to grief in 24 hours. Two months later, my mom died. Both were big Redskins fans living Pinehurst N.C. and boy was it alot of fun watching the games when they were living up here. My dad took me to a game at RFK in the seventies where Larry Brown beat up on the Cowboys.

The minister at her eulogy said "And one of her biggest loves were... being a fan of The Washington Redskins."

Man thats tough. My prayers are with you.

DCMONEY and SANTANAFAN

Im both saddened and inspired by your losses. Reading of your recent accounts has inspired me to ponder on what I still have. My father is 100% responsible, as Im sure your fathers were too, for me being a diehard skins fan. To this day, pops and I have never been to a skins game together. And remembering that at any moment we could lose a loved one, thats all the reason I need to treat my dad to a father/son skins game this upcoming season. Again, Im sorry to hear of your losses. But Im grateful that you shared it with all of us. My father will reap the benefits. Stay Strong fellas.

thanks man, I really appreciate it. I forgot what year I went to see the Redskins play. All I remember is that it was the Giants vs. Redskins at RFK. But thanks again for the words of encouragement.

I'm sorry for your losses, everyone who has lost someone are in my prayers.

Archived