Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two Things I'll Miss Next Football Season 2006/07! Sadly

DCMONEY

Let me 1st say I love debating with my fellow Skins fans on this forum. Gives me a release. I recently lost my father on Feb 26, 2006. He was a big Skins fan and I'll miss talking to him after Skins wins and losses. The last time I really spent a few hours with him was after the Skins whooped the Cowbums the 2nd time around this past season. I saw him after the win but we spent about 3 hours after that Skins win over the Cowbums talking about the Skins win.

Also about a month before my father's passing, a real good friend of mine who was the biggest Cowbum fan around was murdered. I mean you couldn't find a bigger Cowbum fan around than him. I'll miss him calling me and yelling how bout them Stars! I can remember him calling me from Dallas when him and friends flew down there. He was yelling when the Cowbums were up 13-0. Of course when I called back at the end he didn't pick up. When the Skins beat the Cowbums the 2nd time around, I never really got a chance to rub it in the way I wanted to. I'll miss debating and yelling with him. Sometimes he'd say stuff just to kick things off about the Skins and Cowbums. Anyway I'll miss him.

Man, talk about a rough time. Let me be the first to say that things will get better. It's always hard to lose a loved one or a close friend, but both is just that much more to deal with. Once you come to terms with the fact that they are now in a better place though, things will begin to get much easier. But atleast now, everytime you watch a Redskins vs. Cowboys game, it'll have just that much more of a special meaning to you.

Let me 1st say I love debating with my fellow Skins fans on this forum. Gives me a release. I recently lost my father on Feb 26, 2006. He was a big Skins fan and I'll miss talking to him after Skins wins and losses. The last time I really spent a few hours with him was after the Skins whooped the Cowbums the 2nd time around this past season. I saw him after the win but we spent about 3 hours after that Skins win over the Cowbums talking about the Skins win.

Also about a month before my father's passing, a real good friend of mine who was the biggest Cowbum fan around was murdered. I mean you couldn't find a bigger Cowbum fan around than him. I'll miss him calling me and yelling how bout them Stars! I can remember him calling me from Dallas yelling when the Cowbums were up 13-0. Of course when I called back at the end he didn't pick up. When the Skins beat the Cowbums the 2nd time around, I never really got a chance to rub it in the way I wanted to. I'll miss debating and yelling with him. Sometimes he'd say stuff just to kick things off about the Skins and Cowbums. Anyway I'll miss him.

Man I feel the same way. I'm sorry to hear that. My Father died Feb. 12th, 2006. I understand exactly how you feel. He was cremated with his Redskins bracelets on. I'm going to miss hearing him yelling, and blowing the horns. My Father also was the biggest Redskin's fan around. It's the best feeling in the world to have someone to share your feelings with, and sometimes have friendly debates with. His statements could have either been right or wrong, but either way, he would always get his point across, no matter what. I LOVE YOU DAD! And I'll miss you :(.

Man I feel the same way. I'm sorry to hear that. My Father died Feb. 12th, 2006. I understand exactly how you feel. He was cremated with his Redskins bracelets on. I'm going to miss hearing him yelling, and blowing the horns. My Father also was the biggest Redskin's fan around. I LOVE YOU DAD! And I'll miss you :(.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Its tough but you can relate to me. Time heals all wounds. They're looking down rooting for the Skins.

Although many of us have never met in person (something that I hope will happen soon). We are all family. We meet here everyday to discuss the greatest team in the world and you are definitely one of us. It's very hard to lose loved ones especially when you have something in common that brings you even closer. Never forget that we're all here for each other. For everyone here at Extremeskins let me just say we're all praying for your healing

May god hold you close to his heart!

HAIL!

I'm with you. My Dad, a huge Skins fan, passed on January 27th, 2006. It sounds odd but I feel it the most when something big happens with the Skins and I can't talk to him about it.

I'm sorry about your loss. Yea, and I understand what you mean about being able to talk to him about anything that happens big with the Skins.

Also about a month before my father's passing, a real good friend of mine who was the biggest Cowbum fan around was murdered. I mean you couldn't find a bigger Cowbum fan around than him. I'll miss him calling me and yelling how bout them Stars! I can remember him calling me from Dallas yelling when the Cowbums were up 13-0. Of course when I called back at the end he didn't pick up. When the Skins beat the Cowbums the 2nd time around, I never really got a chance to rub it in the way I wanted to. I'll miss debating and yelling with him. Sometimes he'd say stuff just to kick things off about the Skins and Cowbums. Anyway I'll miss him.

Brought tears to my eyes as I finished reading your post. I am truely saddend by what has happened to you. But I am most humbled by your will and pride to come aboard and tell us facts that are unimaginable to me. Makes me appreciate it all even more. Thank you for sharing your loss. May god be with your father and friend.:thumbsup:

Man I feel the same way. I'm sorry to hear that. My Father died Feb. 12th, 2006. I understand exactly how you feel. He was cremated with his Redskins bracelets on. I'm going to miss hearing him yelling, and blowing the horns. My Father also was the biggest Redskin's fan around. It's the best feeling in the world to have someone to share your feelings with, and sometimes have friendly debates with. His statements could have either been right or wrong, but either way, he would always get his point across, no matter what. I LOVE YOU DAD! And I'll miss you :(.

Santana_Fan keep strong and remember you have family here to discuss matters when you need to.:cheers: Sorry for your loss.

Guest santana4prez

Im sorry to hear about your losses but dont worry things will get better with time. I remember when my grandfather passed away 3 years ago. I use to come over all the time and talk about all sports but we always talked about the Skins the most. It feels like it was just yesterday and I cant believe I cant see him anymore. My loss was nothing compared to the losses you have had but I can tell you it gets easier with time and prayer.

If you ever need to talk PM me.

Man sorry to hear about the loss of your father.. Man, I feel your pain me and my father had that same type of relationship he was a huge skins fan as well even though he passed some six years ago. He didn't get a chance to see this team get back to respectablity I still miss sharing the talks with him after a win or loss. I also know that my father did not wanted to be in the state that he was in he just suffered and it hurt me to see him that way because I knew he didn't want to live that way. Your father is still looking down at them and most importantly you.

One of the great joys of my life has been passing along to my son, now almost 15, my love for the game of football and my soul-deep attachment to the burgundy and gold.

All I can hope is that, someday, he too will feel moved to express to his peers what you gentlemen have been willing to express to us. Thank you for being willing to share what's inside. Life is too short to spend staying silent on the important stuff.

Sorry about your losses this past year and my prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you have a lot of support here, including me. With all of the arguing and joking around here, it seems like there are a lot of very caring people on this site and I am glad to have joined you and the rest of them.

Take care...

Todd

My deepest condolences to both of you. I'm literally sitting in my office right now with tears welling in my eyes as I write this. Thank you for sharing your feelings with your Redskis's family. In the end, all we have is the relationships we create and share with other people and this is just another reminder of how precious and fragile they are. All our wishes and prayers are with you both.

Hey man I appreciate all the support and words on this thread. Didn't mean to get sort of mushy but it was just on my mind. Death is so final and God never makes mistakes. I guess it kinda makes us all put things in perspective.

Thanks to everyone.

DCMONEY

(Just my username, I don't have much money lol)

My deepest condolences to both of you. I'm literally sitting in my office right now with tears welling in my eyes as I write this. Thank you for sharing your feelings with your Redskis's family. In the end, all we have is the relationships we create and share with other people and this is just another reminder of how precious and fragile they are. All our wishes and prayers are with you both.
Ditto. God bless you MONEY.

Speaking as a father, we hope and pray that we do right by our children and bring them up to be respectful and compassionate people, confident enough to be able to share their thoughts and feelings with their peers. Both of your Dad's did an excellent job. Thank you for sharing and with each passing day, may God ease your pain.

peace

My dad passed away 5 years ago. He's the reason I'm a Redskin fan. I go to his grave sight three or four times a year. This year I went after the Cowturds wins and the playoffs. Had to tell him the Skins are on their back!!!

A friend told me years ago, "You are not dead untill you are forgotten."

Archived