Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 Round Mock

3CardMonte

Gibbs has said he is looking for OL help which they have picked up today, 3/23 and wants to get LB and CB help. Call me crazy, but I can see us going TE with our 2nd round pick. After C. Furia(sp?), we have no true TE. Yes, we have Cooley, but I can see us going for Byrd, if he is still on the board.

The biggest problem with us looking at mock drafts is that once a mock draft gets past the 2nd round it is entirely guess work. In reality it becomes pretty much names out of a hat after the first 15.

Us drafting late in the second and in the later rounds pretty much means we will have no idea what is going to happen until it happens.

Thanks for the post though, I will be analyzing all our potential picks for days to come.

I'd love to WIN the Super Bowl too. I just don't want to get there by taking gambles on players who have never proven they can play at the top level available to them. I'd rather lose with stars than win with nobodies.

Great. You can go watch the 2000 skins all you want. :doh:

Jason

Lucky??? you think he just came up? Gibbs specifically traded to get this pick because he analyzed the talent, saw what potential he had and it obviously showed he knew what he was doing.

No. I think Joe Gibbs took a huge risk drafting him and it happened to pan out. "Potential" is something I don't have time for. It's much too risky.

no one in the draft has any top level experience. Are you saying you would rather get rid of all picks and just get free agents? I don't understand what you mean by taking a gamble on players who have never proven they can play?..... first rounders are busts too. Ryan Leaf :doh:

In a perfect situation, YES I would like to see us get rid of all our draft picks and just go with free agents. Unfortunately in the screwed up system the NFL currently uses, that's not a practical concept due to the salary cap.

That being said, I look for players who have proven they can play, be impact players and WIN at the highest level available to them. In this case that would be the Top 20 Ranked teams in the NCAA's Division IA football program. Not Tulane, not UCONN, not Podunk University.

Yes, first rounders can be busts as well as thrid or fifth or seventh rounders and that's part of why I prefer Free Agents to any draft picks. If we do have to use the draftto acquire talent I prefer to get guys who have a large enough resume to be considered in the top 50 players available. At least then we're getting something valuable if they work out... instead of banking on the "potential" of some strong-armed loser QB out of a third rate college program (for example).

Archived