Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 Round Mock

3CardMonte

This mock is way off the mark.. Why would the SKINS draft a center when we really need a guard. Why would we draft a DE when we just signed one. Why would we draft a corner first, when he wouldn't even start. We need a LB to start. It is way off base. Why would the Texans take Ferguson when they have the first pick, no way not over Bush or a QB, yes they need a line, but not with the overall # 1 pick. Plus the titans are going to take Leinart. This mock is bogus.

Isn't Butler the guy who tried to take out Kiwi's knee?? I don't think Gibbs would draft someone who intentionally tried to injure another player...:2cents:

Interesting. Knowing that now, he's the ONLY one of the six players that mock has us getting that I'd actually WANT on the team. Before you mentioned it there wasn't a single one of those guys that I'd want in Washington.

Why would the SKINS draft a center when we really need a guard.

We need both, actually. Cory Raymer was cut, so there isn't a backup in that position.

Why would we draft a DE when we just signed one.

Have you looked at the age of our D-line? We do need to develop some young guys, especially if Evans doesn't come back.

Why would we draft a corner first, when he wouldn't even start.

Maybe because we are only three deep at corner, with a bunch of scrubs after that.

Jason

a #2 pick is still a real solid pick. Not everyone playin in the NFL was a former first rounder we could definetly find a very good player to fill in a position. Hopefully its at LB because i'm not too trilled by the FA out there at WSL.

on that note however, i do like that our starting DBs are all first rounders (rogers, ST, archuleta and springs)

edit: "Starting DBS"

Isn't Butler the guy who tried to take out Kiwi's knee?? I don't think Gibbs would draft someone who intentionally tried to injure another player...:2cents:

Yea, I dont care, even if Mel Kiper says Brad Butler is a steal in the 7th or somthing...im still gonna go crazy if we draft him. I dont want a guy who gets so pissed off he hurts sombody intentionally just becuase he got dominated by the person he hurts.

a #2 pick is still a real solid pick. Not everyone playin in the NFL was a former first rounder we could definetly find a very good player to fill in a position.

Sorry, so far as I'm concerned the worthwhile portion of the NFL Draft ends by pick #40. Most of the time the only players I have any interest in are gone before #30. This year there is no reason at all for me to even pay more than the slightest amount of attention to the Draft. It's not like we're going to find any immediate impact players at #53 or in the 5th-7th rounds.

Sorry, so far as I'm concerned the worthwhile portion of the NFL Draft ends by pick #40. Most of the time the only players I have any interest in are gone before #30. This year there is no reason at all for me to even pay more than the slightest amount of attention to the Draft. It's not like we're going to find any immediate impact players at #53 or in the 5th-7th rounds.

that is very true, the hype of the draft is the first round and definetly the first 10-15 picks. However i would much rather be chillin and waiting to see who we pick at 32 and 64 in drafts to come than being really happy about having the 2nd 4th 8th pick etc...

The draft goes to 7 rounds because there is enough talent to find someone, even if its not a sexy pick like VD or Reggie or top flight DE.

Cooley is one of my favorite players and he got picked in the 3rd, Portis got picked in the 2nd.

I rest my case

He was a decent college back from Penn State that played well for them. DB backs from Penn State traditionaly do not do well in the NFL. They play off of the receivers and play catch up coverage. They do not play bump and run coverage. The don't back peddle well because they are not asked to by their coaches. He ran an extremely slow 40 on an inside track during his pro-day.

^^^ thanks, doesn't sound too good with that said.

that is very true, the hype of the draft is the first round and definetly the first 10-15 picks. However i would much rather be chillin and waiting to see who we pick at 32 and 64 in drafts to come than being really happy about having the 2nd 4th 8th pick etc....

I'd love to WIN the Super Bowl too. I just don't want to get there by taking gambles on players who have never proven they can play at the top level available to them. I'd rather lose with stars than win with nobodies.

The draft goes to 7 rounds because there is enough talent to find someone, even if its not a sexy pick like VD or Reggie or top flight DE.

Cooley is one of my favorite players and he got picked in the 3rd, Portis got picked in the 2nd.

Sorry. I have no interest in "potential" when it comes to player acquisition. That's what you're looking at by the time you get to the middle of the second round. Cooley was a lucky selection.... Nothing more. Portis came to the Redskins after proving he could have at least adequate success in the league. THAT'S how I prefer to acquire players.

Geez, as much as I love Danny and his view of Free Agency ( One booby for the price of two at the Nudey Bar). Wouldn't be nice to have more draft picks than rounds?

Not if they're outside of that Top 40-50 picks range. Anything beyond that is playing a game of Russian Roulette with a revolver loaded with 5 rounds.

Sorry. I have no interest in "potential" when it comes to player acquisition. That's what you're looking at by the time you get to the middle of the second round. Cooley was a lucky selection.... Nothing more. Portis came to the Redskins after proving he could have at least adequate success in the league. THAT'S how I prefer to acquire players.

Lucky??? you think he just came up? Gibbs specifically traded to get this pick because he analyzed the talent, saw what potential he had and it obviously showed he knew what he was doing.

I'd love to WIN the Super Bowl too. I just don't want to get there by taking gambles on players who have never proven they can play at the top level available to them. I'd rather lose with stars than win with nobodies.

no one in the draft has any top level experience. Are you saying you would rather get rid of all picks and just get free agents? I don't understand what you mean by taking a gamble on players who have never proven they can play?..... first rounders are busts too. Ryan Leaf :doh:

Archived