Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com Free Agency Tracker 3/22/2006: Evans still pursued

NorthEast Skin

i hope we dont lose him. he really did well for us all season when he was in the game.

i think we sohuld get jamie sharper to replace Lavar.

Isn't Jamie Sharper about 100 years old? We need to build for the future and get guys who can contribute for years to come, not over the hill veterans with nothing left to give.

That has been up for several days. He has visited with SF and has a couple more visits scheduled. I would love to have him back to provide depth but i think we're going to lose him.

unlike pierce and smoot who were signed almost instantly, evans is still out there. he has to be worth more to us than most other teams.. go get 'em

I would like to compare Killings' numbers to Evans when all is said and done...I'd like to see the difference in salary. Evans could be a beast, imo, I hope he is resigned.

i agree that evans has a larger upside than killings who is truly a journeyman

and nothing more than a rotational player

Remember now ... it may not simply be a matter of "get the man signed already."

Are people suggesting we should perhaps ... gasp ... OVERPAY, if it turns out Mr. Evans' demands at the moment are out of line with what the team has determined his value to be?

Hmmmmm? :)

With all our Salary Cap expertise, I wonder why we don't use that skill to resign our own players to decent deals?

TS, I tried moving you from one group to another to see if this helps with your problem in your sig. Let me know if it doesn't.

Yeah, I am getting a little concerned with all the talk from the organization about keeping "Core" redskins together and then they let important role players like Ryan Clark leave. I know we got Arch now but I think Clark would have strengthened the D even more this season.

Evans is a key role player IMHO on the D-line. He has history here and comes up with big plays when we need him to. He is not a starter but I believe a team is only as strong as it's back ups. We need to keep some of these guys!

Yeah, I am getting a little concerned with all the talk from the organization about keeping "Core" redskins together and then they let important role players like Ryan Clark leave. I know we got Arch now but I think Clark would have strengthened the D even more this season.

Evans is a key role player IMHO on the D-line. He has history here and comes up with big plays when we need him to. He is not a starter but I believe a team is only as strong as it's back ups. We need to keep some of these guys!

A core Redskin and important role players aren't the same thing. We didn't let Ryan Clark leave. He left because he wanted to be a starter and didn't want to compete for the starting role. That's an acceptable decision on his part and we can wish him luck. Evans may leave because he'll be fourth or fifth on the depth chart heading into the season and he may want to be second or third still.

These guys are trying to do what's best for their careers and more power to them. These guys who are essentially free agent guys cut from at least one team in their careers are guys you can find and replace just as you found them. If you can keep them you're happy because you've spent time developing them in the system. But, you also can't expect to keep them if they have a different view of their future than the depth chart allows.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with this Demetric Evans infatuation. Sure he did a nice job but obviously we don't want to overpay to keep him. I assume Evans wants to get higher on the depth chart somewhere else which is better for him. I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to find a replacement if somebody wants to pay him more than we think he is worth. But I wish him the best and if we bring him back great, if not I'm not going to worry about it at all.

Archived