Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art's a meany. He breaks the rules. Look here to see.

Art

I'm not trying to be rude here, but to temp-ban or punish people for posting a thread with a misleading title, then to turn around and do it yourself...isn't that a tad bit hypocritical? Especially after just having posted a thread about making a seperate group for people that do things of that sort...

Have this many people been banned or suspended that are ****ing in this thread? or do we have a growing number of Norma Rae's on this site. Lighten up peeps, were you really offended by his post? Its not like someone saying we signed Adam V or the one we don't speak of. :)

Art and the other mods can do whatever they like with their site and people should respect that. They work extremely hard to keep it running and I love it most of the time.

However, IMHO, this thread title is in poor judgement at a time when the regulation of the board's established rules and guidelines are becoming more and more difficult. Furthermore, I stand on my point that if this was someone other than Art, like me for instance, they would be subject to scourn and resentment of the highest degree an internet message board could allow.

Have this many people been banned or suspended that are ****ing in this thread? or do we have a growing number of Norma Rae's on this site. Lighten up peeps, were you really offended by his post? Its not like someone saying we signed Adam V or the one we don't speak of. :)

I am not offended, just angry I wasted my valuable "internet surfing at work" time on a thread that I have no reason to read ;). Joke or not, it wasted my time.

All you complaining are just ridiculous if I'm not mistaken these people have put much of their lives into bringing us thousands of Skins fans a great pleasure and service and they work hard 24/7. Yall should ask for another ***** slap every single time they do it and then thank them some more. I would do the exact same thing if I was them just to let you know, BTW they are more equal get over it it's the frieking internet man

Art is advertising a feature that this site provides as a service to the membership. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking.

*cough* I actually agree with the masses on this one *cough*

Hey, I agree with MRMADD. This was 100% misleading. He should have implemented the "feature" into the thread title. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck....

When I read the title of the thread, I didn't look to see who made it. I click on there to see its just a joke. I look to see who did this and it was Art. If another poster did this, The thread would be deleted, The same group of posters would have trashed the person who made it. But since Art made it, Its a joke and nothing more.

It didn't bother me either way, I just agree with Mr.Madd on this.

However, IMHO, this thread title is in poor judgement at a time when the regulation of the board's established rules and guidelines are becoming more and more difficult. Furthermore, I stand on my point that if this was someone other than Art, like me for instance, they would be subject to scourn and resentment of the highest degree an internet message board could allow.

This is very true, because noone other than Art is assigned the task of informing the membership of the opportunity to participate in our newest feature.

I can't believe that in trying to ensure you all know about this cool new FREE opportunity we're providing, Art is getting attacked for his method of delivery. I guess next time we'll just hope you see it.

This is very true, because noone other than Art is assigned the task of informing the membership of the opportunity to participate in our newest feature.

I can't believe that in trying to ensure you all know about this cool new FREE opportunity we're providing, Art is getting attacked for his method of delivery. I guess next time we'll just hope you see it.

No offense Henry, but seriously, stand back for a moment and think about what you're saying in this thread. I don't think its the position you want to take.

No offense Henry, but seriously, stand back for a moment and think about what you're saying in this thread. I don't think its the position you want to take.

Right now Todd, I feel like a cop that's been told I should write myself a ticket for speeding.

Art's a big boy. He can talk more about this if he wants. I'm done discussing it.

Extremeskins is a fantastic community, I hope to continue to be a part of it for a long time to come. That said, this is a plain and simple double standard and I don't think that it can be defended

"Art is advertising a feature that this site provides as a service to the membership. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking."

I most certainly see the difference between advertising a feature and playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke...

"9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it

provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense. "

But clearly site policy does not. In fact, according to the rules, The way this advertisement was presented devalues the very advertisement(the content). There's no exception written into site policy, and if Art isn't clowned, the mods have no grounding to clown anyone.

All of that said, I'ld like to reiterate what a great board this is. In fact, I wouldn't take the time to even put forward my opinion if I didn't think well of all of you. Mods, all of you put a great deal of time and work into this community which is more or less a gift to me, extremeskins wouldn't exist without you. However, above is my opinion on this issue and I felt the need to voice it.

Joe

Interesting... so you can create misleading -- or even downright false -- threads if you think it's funny? I don't think that's the standard.

Art intentionally created a false title just to get more people to read his thread. Right? It was meant to be funny... but it makes it clear that there are different rules for different people here. That's been true for a while, but I think they openly state that mods and their favorites are excluded from the rules: they can be rude/insulting, they can create false threads, etc.

At least be honest about it.

I don't think this is a big deal... but it is a glaring rule violation that would NOT be overlooked if it wasn't a mod.

Anyone care to bet on how long Art gets banned?

Just let this stuff go, Madd. I agree with you 100%, but there is nothing anyone can do about it. The "Good Ole Boys" stick together as you can clearly see by many of the posts. They're going to do what they want, and not allow the rest of us that option. But the site has a lot of good info. All we can do is stay out of their way and enjoy the stuff we like...

Right now Todd, I feel like a cop that's been told I should write myself a ticket for speeding.

Art's a big boy. He can talk more about this if he wants. I'm done discussing it.

So the police officers should drive at whatever speed they arbitrarily choose? I have much respect for all of the mods, but I respect them even more when they hold themselves to the same standard they hold all the rest of us to.

It is possible to inform of the new features available without duping someone into seeing them. The readme threads at the top of the page work well in my case.

I wasnt meaning to attack Art with my posts, merely point out a veiwpoint which it seems to me he did not take into consideration when he wrote the title. Furthermore, I dont think that its prudent to mislead veiwers with a thread title when there has been so much hubub around here for similar issues in the past.

I knew it was a joke. To be honest, it really doesnt bother me one way or another because Im fully aware that my opinion on these matters really doesnt make a lick of difference. If that stopped me from calling things like I see them though, I wouldnt get the opportunity to express myself often.

I know if I did this, I would be repremanded. Fair is fair for everyone, if that makes sense. Either way, the ad for the new feature is no longer what it was supposed to be. I think this thread should be closed and a real advertisement for the feature should be put up. Questions might actually be posted

I know if I did this, I would be repremanded. Fair is fair for everyone, if that makes sense. Either way, the ad for the new feature is no longer what it was supposed to be. I think this thread should be closed and a real advertisement for the feature should be put up. Questions might actually be posted

Maybe this thread should be closed since it's so far off from what it was intended to be, but I think this topic needs to be discussed. Maybe take it to the tailgate?

(edit: I meant to suggest a new advertisment thread in the stadium and a discussion of a real or perceived double-standard somewhere else)

Archived