Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art's a meany. He breaks the rules. Look here to see.

Art

Oh please.

Its also against the rules for newbie members to delete posts. But its not against the rules for Mods to.

BECAUSE THEY ARE MODS!

Hello.

What does that mean...delete posts...why would you want to delete your own post anyway? Please explain, I am not familiar with this rule.

I think on special cases like this, I should be the final arbitrator to decide right and wrong. Seriously.

Sort of how Snyder used to break ties in regards to player personnel disputes. :)

My problem is from your earlier post in this thread I take it you support me, which means I'm more wrong than I ever imagined.

But, tomorrow, I am going to break the Andyman identity in a thread title, and, it won't be true either :).

too late, that's already been taken care of.

;)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149795&page=2

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2351990&postcount=18

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2352136&postcount=19

The crackdown has nothing to do with this, but, I don't blame anyone either. They can hoot and holler all they want. This thread is here for them. I really don't care. In the end, I'm right, because the only opinion that matters is the opinion of those who wrote the rules and enforce them. Todd is a longtime, GREAT member. But, he's flatly incorrect this was a rule violation. He can be incorrect and it won't diminish the esteem I have for him.

Or any of the rest of you. At the end of the day the simple fact is the ONLY rule interpretation that matters is that of the staff. So, in an area you're sure we're in violation and we agree, you know you have us. When we disagree, at least allow yourselves to understand there MAY be a point opposite yours that is somewhat relevant :).

Sorry, I forgot my sarcasm smilie in my post :)

None of the mods answered my question.

Am I going to be treated differently for being a Philly fan? :)

Nah. I'll still smack ya around & talk about yer mom. ;)

Edit - Art needs to get with the Who Del program over in Tailgate. :)

Art is advertising a feature that this site provides as a service to the membership. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking.

I've only been here for a few months. Personaly Art, your thread did not bother me but, earlier you opened a thread about possible new rules for multiple and misleading posts. A controversy ensued from there and you could see the members being divided on that issue. Moments later, you open a new post (misleading to many) that in the spirit, broke the rules. To me and many others I imagine, this made you look contradicting and above the rules (not saying that you did but that's what it looks like). In my opinion, you couldn't have picked a more inopportune time to open that thread as everybody was still hot about the rule issues.

Henry. I don't know you and I'm assuming your a mod here also, but with an attitude like that, you may succeed in driving some of the members here to another board. I know this isn't a paying job, but that was very unprofessional of you to make such a comment.

I enjoy ES very much and you guys do a commendable job, which I know can be a headache at times as witnessed thru out this thread. That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I've only been here for a few months. Personaly Art, your thread did not bother me but, earlier you opened a thread about possible new rules for multiple and misleading posts. A controversy ensued from there and you could see the members being divided on that issue. Moments later, you open a new post (misleading to many) that in the spirit, broke the rules. To me and many others I imagine, this made you look contradicting and above the rules (not saying that you did but that's what it looks like). In my opinion, you couldn't have picked a more inopportune time to open that thread as everybody was still hot about the rule issues.

Henry. I don't know you and I'm assuming your a mod here also, but with an attitude like that, you may succeed in driving some of the members here to another board. I know this isn't a paying job, but that was very unprofessional of you to make such a comment.

I enjoy ES very much and you guys do a commendable job, which I know can be a headache at times as witnessed thru out this thread. That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

KF,

If an 85 percent to 15 percent result is a controversy, I'd hate to see you if it was close :). I fully understand the appearance to some and I'm not all that concerned with it. I will be concerned if after this conversation where people have had the opportunity to understand the rule should they act the same way when I do this again. And, I will be doing it again :).

I haven't made it through but three pages and have seen the comment more then once that the staff can do whatever we want being it's our site.

This site is not the staffs personal play toy. This site is what has resulted from the work of the founder, owners, and members, and the staff members have always played by the rules, or none of us would be on the staff. This site belongs to all the people who decide they want to exchange ideas in a civil, orderly manner. And of course, it legally belongs to the Redskins, whom have let the existing staff stay in place because of the great job they have done over the years.

Art's title of this thread was to get a desired effect that benefits the site and enhances the experience for all the serious readers. If this audio gig doesn’t get solid interest, it won’t last, so he did what he felt was the best way to get the needed replies.

These days, it seems that some people here think the staff members enjoy cracking down on members when they brake the rules. Some sort of power trip from what I’ve read. Let me tell ya, it’s not fun. The staff lets more stuff slide then the average member will ever know because we’re not the neo-nazi, hypocritical, sadistic pigs that more and more members make us out to be.

:cheers:

wow...what a waste of time and thought....i've never seen such pettiness anywhere, on both sides. I made a comment earlier in another post about being "scared" to post on this site...this just reinforces my point, especially when "the only opinion that matters on this narrow discussion of what is or is not a rule violation is mine". I understand it, but that doesnt make it right and doesnt seem to really stay within the spirit of the rules. The MODS seem to have some ego problems and the "newbies and violators" just dont seem to get how to follow the rules. I had a misunderstanding with one of the mods, contacted him(off thread), apologized and tried to straighten it out. I didnt expect an apology back, but I did expect something in return, even a "hey we had a misunderstanding...no biggie" would have been ok. Seems to me that would have been the "redskins fan" thing to do, but I got nothing. I really like this site, such great info and better views of the team I love(from everyone!), it's just really getting to be not fun to be here(and I havent been here that long, has it always been like this?), yeah, your right, I dont have to be here...but then I wouldnt be around the rest of the best fans in the world...Not sure if I get banned for this post, if so, I guess I move on...it would be a shame tho...:( GO SKINS!

I actually read most of the posts here. Apparently I missed something. What was the original title if I may ask? Snyder kills somebody's mom? Snyder raising price of beer to $15 a bottle? Had to be something like that to generate this kind of response.

dooge,

The comment you quoted is said for effect. We're not equals here when it comes to enforcing the rules of the community. While we're glad to listen to thoughts on any number of topics often taking such thoughts and incorporating them into board benefit, there's an emerging membership view of itself that, somehow, they can dictate the meaning of board rules to the people who created them.

That's not the case. As to the implementation of rules or enforcement, only the staff matters. The direction of the staff is all that matters. It's fine to hold a contrary view and even express it. It's not fine to think your contrary view makes you right to expect us to adhere to that view. We incorporate a lot of input from a lot of folks when we make decisions.

When we implemented the rule in question it was at the community behest that we do SOMETHING about the rampant false news posts on the board that were getting linked everywhere and tarnishing ES and frustrating members who were coming here to get news and had to deal with garbage. We've eliminated this entirely here. You should have been here when it was a problem a few years ago.

That does not mean all personality, fun, promotion or jocularity together is erased. I wrote a column on Redskins.com I linked here where I wrote, "Hopeless in Seattle." Obviously that was a false post. I didn't think we were hopeless. I thought we had a chance. If some would have their way, you couldn't use methods such as this to write a post or a piece.

Cap Hell doesn't really rock, unless you define it differently. Many of the best threads and conversations here are based on a sarcastic twist on a popular view that can't be reflected with the subject field. It's frustrating for us to be told we don't know why we implemented the rule and how we have always enforced it when we've never lacked for consistency on the topic and have no intention of starting.

So, indeed, the only view that matters is ours. That's the way it is in any community you have an established "leadership" who set community standards.

This is an example of the rank hypocrisy that the newbies complain about. If a newbie had violated the rules like this -- instant ban. But a mod? Well, that's just good fun!

It's turning into Animal Farm here: all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal.

Um, yes. Do you have anything in 'lighten the hell up?!'

Anything at all?

Archived