Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art's a meany. He breaks the rules. Look here to see.

Art

This is an example of the rank hypocrisy that the newbies complain about. If a newbie had violated the rules like this -- instant ban. But a mod? Well, that's just good fun!

It's turning into Animal Farm here: all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal.

aw come on now, just Art having fun . . .

Interesting... so you can create misleading -- or even downright false -- threads if you think it's funny? I don't think that's the standard.

Art intentionally created a false title just to get more people to read his thread. Right? It was meant to be funny... but it makes it clear that there are different rules for different people here. That's been true for a while, but I think they openly state that mods and their favorites are excluded from the rules: they can be rude/insulting, they can create false threads, etc.

At least be honest about it.

I don't think this is a big deal... but it is a glaring rule violation that would NOT be overlooked if it wasn't a mod.

Anyone care to bet on how long Art gets banned?

This is an example of the rank hypocrisy that the newbies complain about. If a newbie had violated the rules like this -- instant ban. But a mod? Well, that's just good fun!

It's turning into Animal Farm here: all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal.

He does have a point. How can you expect new posters to take the rules seriously if the mods don't?

Art is advertising a feature that this site provides as a service to the membership. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking.

Art is advertising a feature that this site provides. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking.

Oh, I see: I should go away if I think the rules should apply to all? Nice. And more evidence, of course, of my point.

No, I am Dan Snyder.

Wrong. You're fired.

I'm not sure what the hullabaloo is about Art posting this thread. You should have known it was a joke. Secondly, of course you need to stop members from posting misleading thread titles, else we would have pages upon pages of joke threads; that's no fun for this sort of site. Thirdly, Art, the other mods, and the owners can do anything they want; after all, we are visitors to their site. ES is not a right, it's a priviledge, and if you don't like the rules, then see you later.

Oh, I see: I should go away if I think the rules should apply to all? Nice. And more evidence, of course, of my point.

If you choose to ignore the spirit in which the rules are enforced in order to call out the staff, yes you should go away.

Goodbye.

Art is advertising a feature that this site provides as a service to the membership. If you don't see the difference between that and someone playing a joke for the sake of playing a joke, I'll be happy to provide you a list of alternative Redskin messageboards that you may find more to your liking.

Hey, I agree with MRMADD. This was 100% misleading. He should have implemented the "feature" into the thread title. If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck....

I'm not trying to be rude here, but to temp-ban or punish people for posting a thread with a misleading title, then to turn around and do it yourself...isn't that a tad bit hypocritical? Especially after just having posted a thread about making a seperate group for people that do things of that sort...

Archived