Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Extreme members have a reef fishtank setup? [Fresh water also discussed]

CHUBAKAH

I have personally seen Chewy's tank and the set up is pretty amazing.

He has inspired me to think of doing one myself.

I had never done a sal****er tank before, but I did have a 50 gallon freshwater tank set up over 20 years ago, so I have some knowledge with fish tanks, but were afraid to ever do a sal****er one, until now.

Finally a pic worthy of showing. Tank was cycled as of two weeks ago using fish [didn't lose any], and last week I added my first coral. The plan is to plant the entire tank using frags, and have it grown out in 14 to 18 months.

Gorgeous setup. I would love to see how this tank progresses.

Tip: Turn the flash off and setup on a tripod if you have one. You'll get really crisp shots of your fish like this.

Gorgeous setup. I would love to see how this tank progresses.

Tip: Turn the flash off and setup on a tripod if you have one. You'll get really crisp shots of your fish like this.

I'll get some pics up as it moves along. I have intentions to add mushrooms, and a couple of LPS corals in the next month or so, but I want to make sure everything stays good for a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure how good the pictures I will be able to take with this old digital, but I am still playing with the settings to take pics.

I'll get some pics up as it moves along. I have intentions to add mushrooms, and a couple of LPS corals in the next month or so, but I want to make sure everything stays good for a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure how good the pictures I will be able to take with this old digital, but I am still playing with the settings to take pics.

Even with an older camera you can still get really good shots just by getting rid of hand shake. I posted shots of my tank awhile back using an older digicam that turned out really well just by setting it on a table in front of the tank.

• 1 month later...

So it's been a little over three months since I finished the tank set up. To date I have lost two fish, one from serious ass whopping from another fish, and the other due to a bad fish from the local fish store. I have lost one coral which I am pretty sure because one of my fish found it tasty. All in all I think I have had pretty good results, and everything I had in the last picture has grown quite well. Here are a few pics I took this evening to update the thread for those interested.

Full tank shot

reeftank2004qq7.jpg

Right side zoom shot

reeftank005jv3.jpg

Elegance coral from Australia

reeftank2008um7.jpg

Center shot

reeftank007ev6.jpg

Front bottom shot

reeftank017tl2.jpg

Not much to show on the left right now, as my Anemone is currently taking a dump which is not worth seeing.

:D

So it's been a little over three months since I finished the tank set up. To date I have lost two fish, one from serious ass whopping from another fish, and the other due to a bad fish from the local fish store. I have lost one coral which I am pretty sure because one of my fish found it tasty. All in all I think I have had pretty good results, and everything I had in the last picture has grown quite well. Here are a few pics I took this evening to update the thread for those interested.

Not much to show on the left right now, as my Anemone is currently taking a dump which is not worth seeing.

:D

Thanks for the update dude. Your setup looks fantastic. I'm in the planning stages of something similar to yours but with African Cichlids......my wife hates you. :D

Archived