Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins Show

Stricknine

Wow, Riggo had nothing but positive things to say. Seems like every time I hear him speak about the Skins its negative. He seems to love Spurrier and the O. Says we will beat Philly on Monday night 24 to 10. On a humorous side note, Riggo thinks Emmitt needs to retire now. He says hes going about getting the record as if hes a man trying to pick up a ransom.:laugh: I must say I disagree though. I think Emmitt deserves the record.

On the Sports Reporters just before the season started Riggins said he thought we could go 12-4, but he'd be 'realistic' and say 10-6.

He also started saying nice things about Snyder (which he never does.) He said Spurrier was probably the one guy who would take the spotlight off of Snyder and that Snyder, now in his fourth year as an owner, was much wiser than he was in his 'Freshman' and 'Sophmore' seasons.

Way to positive to be Riggins. I almost drove into a tree. :)

Riggins eccentric style fits innovative coaches and his free spirited shoot from the hip comments go right along with it.

As for Emmitt Smith if he gets it, it (the record) will be melo-dramatic. People will shake his hand for his effort, but Walter Peyton played 170 straight games and most with the lousiest of lines yet his performances were simply eye popping, that even Barry Sanders or Gayle Sayers, let alone, Jim Brown can't touch!

It will simply be a record broken, like the way Art Monk was treated, when he broke Steve Largent's record. Largent was the only guy Jim Zorn mainly threw to, whereas Monk was among a solid corps. The fact that Monk was one of many makes you wonder how many MORE catches he would have had, being only the WR on the team you could go to. Like Bamby in SD back in the 60's. Monk got the cold shoulder mainly and that is the way many will view the breaking of this record. Another player, that was "Over Dramatized" in his breaking a record was Andre Reid.

Can you name the record he broke? See what I mean?

Archived