Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jason Campbell still considered a rookie?

Doodie987

IN the famous words of Michael Kyle from the show "My Wife and Kids"

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nooooooooooooooooooooo.

hes a seasoned veteran, man. Palmer went 8-8 in his first season in cincy with a good squad. There is no reason why Campbell cant do better than that. Lets give a shout out to the Starting QUarterback for our Washington Redskins!!!!! Jason Campbell.

IN the famous words of Michael Kyle from the show "My Wife and Kids"

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nooooooooooooooooooooo.

hes a seasoned veteran, man. Palmer went 8-8 in his first season in cincy with a good squad. There is no reason why Campbell cant do better than that. Lets give a shout out to the Starting QUarterback for our Washington Redskins!!!!! Jason Campbell.

carson palmer was also the best qb that came out that year and played of a team not expecting much. The skins on the other hand have the right pieces to make a superbowl run, right now experience is more important for the qb position. Mark is the guy

Campbell is not considered a rookie...these players work hard during practices...not to mention Jason was getting reps with the first string players this past summer....our coaching staff has been working with Jason since he signed to be a skin...also....he has been study'n the skins play book.

here are a few good articles about Jason Campbell thus far

The third quarterback last season was Jason Campbell. The rookie out of Auburn watched and learned from the sidelines, soaking in the playbook and quietly developing his skills away from the limelight.

Gibbs was glowing in his praise of Campbell at the end of last season.

"Many times, you say to yourself about young quarterbacks, 'They're not getting to take snaps from a regular offense,'" Gibbs said. "What they are doing is attending meetings. They're getting coaching. They're getting practice reps. They are getting the whole off-season program, where they do get to work with the first-team receivers.

"You have to absorb the whole offense and get everyone lined up in the right place--it's a lot to do from a mental standpoint."

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15569

Campbell believes he has improved his game.

"Working on the scout team, running another team's offense against our defense, for me that has helped," he said. "Working against our defense is a challenge to begin with. I'm out there throwing the ball and making reads for real. As a quarterback, going against our style of defense and how fast they are can really help you out."

"In a way, it is," he replied. "You get some repetitions against a very good defense--and the more repetitions you get, the more comfortable you are. But mostly the important thing is learning the offense. Coming in this year behind two veteran guys, I've had to learn on the scout team and get my reps on the scout team."

In his season-ending press conference, Gibbs indicated that Campbell could compete for a larger role in 2006. Gibbs also praised Campbell for his work during practice sessions.

No. He's not a rookie. Not only should the argument that he is a second year player in the NFL end this discussion, but Campbell has been in an NFL environment for one full year by the Draft. He has absorbed Joe Gibbs' offense and participated in NFL workouts. He is a sophmore.

Archived