Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orlando Brown: Released by Ravens. Should we Sign

TheTotalPackage

Vet minimum with incentives?

He's a good, solid player, though has a rep of having an attitude b/c of the whole flag thing that nearly blinded him a few years back. If we could get him cheap and he knew he wasn't going to start, go for it, he would give us great depth.

Definitely worth a look and some conversation with his agent regarding price. He may be interested in joining a team that was in the playoffs last season and added so much talent in offseason.

As far as labeling him a hot head...I thought he showed remarkable restraint when the zebra hit him in the eye with the beanbagged flag...if a player caused a similar injury to an official...accident or not...he would be suspended and heavily fined.

As far as labeling him a hot head...I thought he showed remarkable restraint when the zebra hit him in the eye with the beanbagged flag...if a player caused a similar injury to an official...accident or not...he would be suspended and heavily fined.

I felt the same way about that unfortunate incident. The referee sore ego from the push definately did not hurt as much Browns fractured eye socket which cost him a very promising NFL career. Remember Brown was a franchise LT back with the Browns.

Brown at 36 hardly resembles the #67 that just retired from the Redskins at 42.

At 36 Ray Brown was still a viable starter in the NFL and would be for another 3-4 years.

Orlando Brown is shot. His body, the cumulative injuries have reduced Brown to a big guy whose size is impressive but like Tre Johnson just no longer has what it takes to hold up in the NFL.

I say pass.

we actually need both.

of course, the capable backup OT is harder to find than the interior linemen.

you will see veteran guards/centers come available. Tackles are another question.

teams are short enough on tackles that guys cut from other teams are often able to get starting jobs elsewhere.

you might not be able to get a quality vet to take a backup role here.

Archived