Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we stand pat at LB?

PotomacSkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If we somehow sign Abe then I'd like Carter at OLB, otherwise I think Clemons or McCune can step up and have success under Williams. Gregg runs an assignment based defense so as long as they do their job they don't need a tremendous amount of ability, we already have our playmakers we just need someone who can be reliable.

it seems like if we got abe, we would be much better suited to play a 3-4

in a 3-4, the DEs are more like DTs in a 4-3. so i think we could look like this

DE: Daniels

NT: Salavea

DE: Griffin

OLB: Carter

ILB: Washington

ILB: Marshall

OLB: Abraham

would be interesting to say the least

Carter will be a DE, and I really don't understand how anyone could think that Chris Clemons will fill the void at LB...I really don't understand what he has shown aside from being a decent blitzer.

What else have we needed him to do as of yet? I dont now, maybe I just have a good feeling about him, but he was pretty effective when he was in.

in a 3-4, the DEs are more like DTs in a 4-3. so i think we could look like this

yeah, but i dont want to switch our scheme to get abraham. the scheme aint broke, so dnt fix it

as of now these are the only options: No particular order.

#1. olb: Clemons, mlb: Marshall, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#2. olb: Marshall, mlb: McCune, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#3. olb: Marshall, mlb: Campbell, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#4. olb: Carter, mlb: Marshall, olb: Washington

I'm guessing we will get someone to start at OLB. If not, I'll go with #1 or #2. :2cents:

as of now these are the only options: No particular order.

#1. olb: Clemons, mlb: Marshall, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#2. olb: Marshall, mlb: McCune, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#3. olb: Marshall, mlb: Campbell, olb: Washington-Carter DE

#4. olb: Carter, mlb: Marshall, olb: Washington

I'm guessing we will get someone to start at OLB. If not, I'll go with #1 or #2. :2cents:

i just really like carter's production at DE a lot more than I like his production at LB

It's really hard to say.

I've heard talk that we brought in Andre Carter to replace Arrington. I've heard talk that Carter was brought in to fill our need for a pass rusher.

This will all be decided by Gregg Williams later in the offseason probably after some mini-camps and training camp. It will also depend on if we get Abraham which i don't think is likely.

i didnt think abraham could play stand-up OLB. I thought he was more suited to play DE in a 4-3 scheme

Vinny Cerrato, vice president of football operations, has contacted the agent for free agent linebacker Sam Cowart, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Cowart, an eight-year veteran, played middle linebacker in Buffalo under Gregg Williams, assistant head coach-defense, and is familiar with the system. Cowart wants to continue to play middle linebacker, according to his agent, Paul Healy, and has visits scheduled for next week but not to Washington. The Redskins need a weak-side linebacker to replace LaVar Arrington, but could move starting middle linebacker Lemar Marshall back to the outside. Most of the prominent free agent linebackers have signed elsewhere. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/14/AR2006031400957.html

Archived