Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday September 19th 2005

wpenn1

i was lying in bed, b/c i had school the next day. It was 13-0 and i was about to give up and go to sleep. I kept saying to myself "we suck, and will never beat them!" "were gonna get shutout again!" I was soo pissed off.

Then i said a prayer to God, begging him that somehow we found a way to win the game. Then i turned my TV back on b/c i couldnt pull away, and just had a feeling something big was about to happen.

Then the clock struck 12:00 midnight. There was only 4 mins left and i thought it was over. Then on 4th and long, I see Moss come down with the TD, and i was like " How did he catch that?" I was excited and was thinking all we needed was one stop to get the ball back.

The stop came and we got the ball back with plenty of time. I thought we would run a few short routes to stop the clock. But on first and ten from our own 30 yard line, i see Brunell throw up a bomb, perfectly placed, and it lands right in Moss's hands, as he sprinted into the endzone. I started jumpin up and down but held my shouting so i didnt wake up my folks.

We made the XP, and stopped them, and won the game, and it was the happiest time of my redskin life. I listened next door, and my brother was banging stuff and throwing stuff b/c he is a boys fan and was pissed off. He came in my room, and was like " Ya'll still suck and will not make the playoffs this year anyway!" "This was ya'lls super bowl."

And the rest as we know it, is history. :)

Wow! I watched the game and thought I saw the second coming... but, couldn't beat your post!!! Hail!!!

I don't know why I thought of this today but I just remembered the euphoria I felt when Moss caught those touchdown passes to beat the boys. At the time I was only hoping to avoid being shutout by the boys. I was so ecstatic I ran into my bedroom and woke my wife up. I was jumping up and down and it took me an hour before I could calm down and go to sleep.

Share with me your reactions when we pulled out that victory.

An incredible feeling, one I hadn't felt in quite some time. If you, like myself, are among those who understand athletic competition as a powerful metaphor for the challenges and possibilities of one's life - then the game and it's outcome bordered on a spiritual renewal - a shining example of the greatness we all have within us and around us. I will remember it for the rest of my life, vividly!

On a lighter note, the touchdowns were spectacular but I damn near jumped through my ceiling when ST made the hit on Crayton on 3rd down. I put it in my top 5 defensive plays of all-time. There was no way we were gonna lose after that hit!

Great Thread!

I'm a very quiet person, so like always I suffered in dismal silence through the first 55 minutes, figuring I had never walked out on a game early before and wasn't about it start. The rest of my family was in bed and I was on the couch, half thinking about school the next day when the first bomb was thrown.

I squeaked uncharacteristically in surprise and sat up quickly before realizing I might wake my parents and covering my mouth again. This time however I leaned forward in my seat, watching intently. It wasn't so much that I knew something was going to happen, but my suffering had been sated to a degree, so I went back to watching.

Now, my whole lifetime I've been quiet and reserved, rarely raising my voice more then was absolutely necessary for people to hear me... and when the second TD was thrown, I let of a sting of incomprehensable (and rather loud) noise ("Aaaa~H! OhmyGOD, ohmygodohmygod, eeeeEEE~YES!") and jumped up and did a ridiculous little jerky jig.

My family (who came down to see what the hell had happened to me) thought I had gone crazy until they caught a glimpse of the replay. *laughs*

That was one of the funnest moments of my young life...

Well I guess the next best thing to remembering watching on t.v. would have been being there! YES THATS RIGHT! LIVE AND IN PERSON! My wife and I recently moved back to the Carolinas from a short lived stay in Texas (long enough though to catch the MNF SKINS vs girls style) Gotta say SKINS Nation was well represented in Big D that night! Great tailgate with the local SKINS fan club. Several buddies came down from Charlotte and lets just say we enjoyed ourselves.

Lets me start by stating that it was so hot inside the game that night, my wife about passed out on the way to our seats (lower level endzone). It never cooled off, thought I'd melt in my seat. For 3 and a half quarters we sat and took the verbal abuse that you would expect from a rivarly such as this in their home. AND THEN IT GOT QUIET!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The first touchdown was like, WOW, did that just happen. NICE, we got some fight, but it was still improbable to come all the way back. If the defense can get the ball back though, crazier has happened!

And it got crazy a few minutes later. SKINS fans going nuts, hugging, high fiving, laughing our collective *****es off. Looking around at all those cowgirl fans staring at the field of play in disbelief! WHAT A FEELING! It was the best walk out of a stadium I have ever experienced. There was no trash talking. WE DIDNT HAVE TO. THEY ALL KNEW WHAT JUST HAPPENED! THE DECADE OF THEIR DOMINANCE WAS OVER!!!

We drove home and kicked on the TIVO and watched the 4th qtr 3 or 4 times.

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!

I went nuts. My mom was visiting from Florida, she didn't quite understand my euphoria. I called my Dad (like me) he was up and wouldn't turn it off, he was very stoked. I remember being so pumped up, I drove around Frederick listening to the entire JFK postgame show and then spending an hour on extreme that night. The sight was so jammed, it was too slow to post. I remember falling asleep about 3am and having to get up the next day. I was up by 6am and in my car to listen to the WTEM's the Monday Morning QB. What a night. I probably watch those two tds at least twice a month in the filmroom. Most memorable game since the 91 superbowl.

Well I guess the next best thing to remembering watching on t.v. would have been being there! YES THATS RIGHT! LIVE AND IN PERSON! My wife and I recently moved back to the Carolinas from a short lived stay in Texas (long enough though to catch the MNF SKINS vs girls style) Gotta say SKINS Nation was well represented in Big D that night! Great tailgate with the local SKINS fan club. Several buddies came down from Charlotte and lets just say we enjoyed ourselves.

Lets me start by stating that it was so hot inside the game that night, my wife about passed out on the way to our seats (lower level endzone). It never cooled off, thought I'd melt in my seat. For 3 and a half quarters we sat and took the verbal abuse that you would expect from a rivarly such as this in their home. AND THEN IT GOT QUIET!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The first touchdown was like, WOW, did that just happen. NICE, we got some fight, but it was still improbable to come all the way back. If the defense can get the ball back though, crazier has happened!

And it got crazy a few minutes later. SKINS fans going nuts, hugging, high fiving, laughing our collective *****es off. Looking around at all those cowgirl fans staring at the field of play in disbelief! WHAT A FEELING! It was the best walk out of a stadium I have ever experienced. There was no trash talking. WE DIDNT HAVE TO. THEY ALL KNEW WHAT JUST HAPPENED! THE DECADE OF THEIR DOMINANCE WAS OVER!!!

We drove home and kicked on the TIVO and watched the 4th qtr 3 or 4 times.

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!

HELL YEAH. I was there too and it was such a damn good feeling seeing the looks on everyone's faces around me as i went ballistic in the stands with my family. Almost as good as chanting "COWBOYS SUCK" in the tunnells on the way out! HAIL!

I was laying on the couch pretty depressed. I had school the next day so I kept thinking to myself, "WHY AM I WATCHING THIS, IT IS OVER! JUST GO TO BED!", but of course im a fan so i couldnt bring myself to do that... so i prayed to God a few times, then we started heating up... at this point I was getting very superstitious, I wouldnt move, and I did the same thing before each play... needless to say it was working. So I had a few bets on this game, one bet that julius jones would get under 80 yards, and one that CP would get over 100 yards. At the time, both bets were still within my reach... I prayed to God saying that I was willing to lose both these bets if it meant the skins could win. Next play, julius jones gets a run that pushes him over 80. Portis never ran the ball again all game. Needless to say at this point I'm shocked, i'm thinking that i'm living a miracle. after the first TD, I was stunned, this is the first time in YEARS we had seen a hail mary even attempted! suddenly I had a new trust in Joe Gibbs and the skins. When the second TD happened, I was jumping up and down pumping my fist like MJ, meanwhile trying not to make a sound because my parents were nearby sleeping.

I was laying on my couch talking to my brother in Georgia debating on kicking my freakin TV across the room. When the Redskins finally woke up I felt like a little kid jumping up and down on the couch calling back and forth with my brother waking up my family and his. We talked on the phone until 1 am recounting the games end over and over and over..................

Great thread. Great moment of Redskin fandom. As others, I was lying on the couch. I'm in California so even going to bed early was not an option. I'm thinking we'll never score a touchdown ever, wondering since when was a scoring a touchdown so friggin hard. My wife comes home, she sees what's going on and decides to leave me alone in the living room.The first touchdown, I didn't even move. I just said sarcasticaly, "wow, thank's for something." Then suddenly the second touchdown happened. I'm out of the couch, jumping up and down like a goon, I get all nervous for the extra point, and even after that I can't quite believe it. I find my wife and say "seven plus seven is fourteen, right? And fourteen is more than thirteen, right? right? Oh my God, we're winning!" I haven't watched it since, but it seemed like Dallas got the ball back twenty more times after that before the game ended. And that was just nerve wracking. I had to stand behind the couch, stand on the couch, stand to the side of the TV facing the same way as the Redskins, trying to help them out. The game ends and then the phone starts ringing. I talked to just about everyone in my family that night. I don't know if I've ever been that excited in my life. I still get chills thinking about it all.

i was in the strip club getting a lap dance, trying to take my mind of the game when the first TD happened. i got excited, jumped up and knocked the stripper to the floor. when we got the ball back, all the strippers were huddled in the corner while the guys in the club gathered around the screen, and when brunell and moss connected on the second bomb, all hell broke loose.

Everyone has such poetic language when remembering the moment. "And then, as if angels had been soaring above, the ball fell from the beautiful sky, and at that point I knew the season was going to be glorious and memorable" God I love bein a Skins fan

I had left to my dorm room early majorly pissed off... not only cuz the skins were losing, but also cuz I had $50 riding on the game. On the way to my bed i punched a towel rack off the wall (oopsies), about 15 minutes after just sitting there sulking I see my friend had IM'ed me so I go to look and it just said HOLY S*** HOLY S*** HOLY S***!!! So I ran out and turned on the tv. I missed both the TD's but i got to see ST's hit on Crayton.

i was in the strip club getting a lap dance, trying to take my mind of the game when the first TD happened. i got excited, jumped up and knocked the stripper to the floor. when we got the ball back, all the strippers were huddled in the corner while the guys in the club gathered around the screen, and when brunell and moss connected on the second bomb, all hell broke loose.

OMG, if that is true, that might be the best story so far.

I actually quit watching the game, and checked my email but left the TV on in the next room. After that I was going to bed and seriously, went back into the other room to tun the TV off when Brunell hit Moss for the 1st TD. I remember shaking my head and thinking, "little late for all that, eh Brunell?"

But I couldn't get myself to turn it off. Then they hit the next TD and I started freaking out and woke up my brother-in-law who had fallen asleep on the couch.

Which was cool since he had been laughin' at the Skins earlier for barely beating the Orton-led Bears without scoring a TD.

Archived