Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theory: Ramsey/Abraham waiting on Brees? (merge)

Ynot

MThe only hold to the deal is whether Drew brees chooses Miami or New Orleans. If he chooses New Orleans then the deal is a no go! As the Jets will then be in position to get a quarterback in the Draft! If Brees chooses Miami today then the deal will happen quickly with Ramsey going to the Jets with plate round picks this year and early next year and Abraham being the next Redskins.

Brees pick Miami!!!

It is theory but the thought is based on all the reports the Brees has been guaranteed alot more money to go to New Orleans. He has a better chance of winning by going to Miami in the future.

There has been speculation on why Abraham had not been dealt and why Ramsey and the Jets was considered a done deal but nothing happened, but as you know why would Ramsey want to go to the Jets if they got a chance to pick a quarterback at 4 and be back up again since they still have Pennington and then would have a high dollar rookie, his chances of starting would be slim

It has been reported that Brees will make his decision today! Keeping fingres cross that he picks Miami and that the rumors that the Jets and Redskins has an agreement together for the trade of Ramsey and Abraham already worked out!

Im not sure Brees chooses NO though. Hes been in a losing situation b4 and clearly who would want to place themselves into a situation like NO who doesnt seem primed to make a big change in their w/l ratio next year. NO will make thier QB the scapegoat for losses that they accrue(see Aaron Brooks) and Brees has already had to deal with that. And Im not sure about giving up all our picks next year because even though Gibbs doesn't have a great resume when it comes to draft picks we are gonna need some youth when out veterans start getting old.

If this does not happen, we may still keep Ramsey, Maybe that is why we have not made a deal with Collins Yet! If the jets do nto deal as they may decide to take a quaterback in the draft and get by with Pennington this year. If Brees goes to Miami they may still use Abraham as bait to move up in the Draft to get Lienart or Young or the other High Prospect at quarterback.

I think the Redskins and the Jets are playing a waiting game on this. The redskins is making mroe capp room for OL I believe as you have seen Marcus Washington and others are getting there contracts restructure or Roster Bonsuses are being restructure in to guaranteed money so it can be spread out over 4 years to make more room.

I do not believe they are done, maybe with High profile except for the possibility of Abraham.

Lot of talk he is going to NO. If that happens the other scenerio is that NO does not need a quarterback and now Abraham may be used as bait to move up two spots so they get there quarterback and then at 4 No can take Mario Williams.

So we may have Ramsey as a backup as Miami is now looking at Culpepper?

Who knows what will happen with Ramsey but it may not be a bad Idea to keep him as he is cheap this year to make sure that Brunnell can hold up and whether Campbell is ready since we have all this talent we do not want to waste a year if he is not ready

I disagree. There are 3 top QBs in the draft, and who NO takes isnt going to affect the draft greatly. You have Young, Leinhart, and Cutler. No guaruntees on who takes them, considering those first picks may trade back and someone else move up and take the QBs. NY Jets will base whether the trade is a go or not on whether THEY get Brees. If they dont, I think they plan to use the draft to draft someone like the UVA OLinemen, and sign someone like Kitna or Ramsey.

The most interesting quarterback news was word of a possible trade between Washington and the Jets: The Redskins send the Jets their second-round draft pick and quarterback Patrick Ramsey up on the shuttle in return for defensive end John Abraham.

The Jets would need far more, such as instead of this year's second-rounder, next year's first-rounder (the 'Skins don't have a No. 1 this year), and dropping any conditions to a Ramsey trade such as winning the starting job or reaching performance incentives." RANDY LANGE north jersey media

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr...3dnFlZU VFeXk2

Jets are looking at DE so it looks like Abraham will be moved.

Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen also left after Monday's visit without a deal. "Kimo had a really good visit," said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. "It's hard to say what's going to happen. There are a lot of things up in the air with him."

E-mail: lange@northjersey.com

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMTkmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY4OTY4OTUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

i hope he chooses miami.....saints have much less potential....i have a strong feelling that miami is entering a stage of major come backs i am pretty confident that you will have miami in the playofffs....brees or no brees

BRING IN ABRAHAM!

JAKE

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/399541p-338520c.html

Meanwhile, the market for DE John Abraham, who is being shopped by the Jets, could be drying up. The Redskins, who played host to Abraham Sunday night, can be crossed off the list of potential landing spots; they signed former 49ers DE Andre Carter yesterday to a six-year, $30 million contract.

The Broncos, thought to be the front-runners, may be cooling on Abraham because of old off-the-field issues. The Falcons, Seahawks and Browns are thought to be interested, and he may visit some of those teams this week.

Abraham's asking price, believed to be around $18 million in guarantees, might be turning off potential suitors. The other top defensive ends, Carter and Darren Howard (Eagles), have received in the neighborhood of $9 million to $10 million in signing bonuses.

The Jets concluded visits yesterday by Bengals QB Jon Kitna, Steelers DE Kimo von Oelhoffen and Cowboys TE Dan Campbell. They appear close to making a decision on a quarterback, with Kitna and the Redskins' Patrick Ramsey the leading candidates. Former Jets tackle Jason Fabini visited with the Bucs yesterday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/399541p-338520c.html

Meanwhile, the market for DE John Abraham, who is being shopped by the Jets, could be drying up. The Redskins, who played host to Abraham Sunday night, can be crossed off the list of potential landing spots; they signed former 49ers DE Andre Carter yesterday to a six-year, $30 million contract.

The Broncos, thought to be the front-runners, may be cooling on Abraham because of old off-the-field issues. The Falcons, Seahawks and Browns are thought to be interested, and he may visit some of those teams this week.

Abraham's asking price, believed to be around $18 million in guarantees, might be turning off potential suitors. The other top defensive ends, Carter and Darren Howard (Eagles), have received in the neighborhood of $9 million to $10 million in signing bonuses.

The Jets concluded visits yesterday by Bengals QB Jon Kitna, Steelers DE Kimo von Oelhoffen and Cowboys TE Dan Campbell. They appear close to making a decision on a quarterback, with Kitna and the Redskins' Patrick Ramsey the leading candidates. Former Jets tackle Jason Fabini visited with the Bucs yesterday.

I thinks this is good for the skins if they are still interested. It doesn't appear that teams want to pay what Abraham is asking for in guarantees. If Denver bows out I doubt many teams will offer a first round pick for a player that has displayed some off-field problems. I also remember him not playing in a playoff game for fear of injury. That says something about character. It sounds like the skins understand this and have made a more reasonable offer to him and the Jets.

Archived