Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The vibe in Pittsburgh regarding Randel El

Jaron

Gimme a break. Yeah, the Steelers have been gabbing a Lombardi regularly.:doh:

Before this year the last one was what, 25+ years ago? Cowher was in college, right?

Don't lay this "the guys in charge must be doing something right" bull**** on us.

:laugh:

And how many SB rings do the 'skins have and when was their last one.? Also how many playoff wins have they had recentlly? Compare that to the Steelers...like it was stated earlier, "Do the math." The Steelers franchise is doing a lot right, even in the years when the Super Bowl was not won...especially since Cowher has been there. So why don't you just lurk and stop responding before you start looking more ignorant than you already do. Thing is most of the 'skins fans on this board have been well-informed and civil until you....thanks for bringing this otherwise great board down a notch.

Don't you guys think its way to early to say that Randel El will be nothing more but a 3rd option?? I know thats what he is right now but they guy is still very young.Hes been in the nfl only for 3 seasons I think!! That tells you right there that hes still very young and still learning and hopfully will get better.

OldSchoolSteeler,is right about the Steelers and their contracts to players.My Dad is a Steelers fan and he echos the same thing that OldSchoolSteeler does.The Steelers WILL NOT shell out the money for any player unless they have Ward,Big Ben,Farrior,Palamau kind of stature.The Steelers know how to spend their money and thats why they are in the playoffs every single year.

I've liked what I have seen from the Skins front office the last two years with us getting some very good players.Yes I think they did'nt have to spend that much money for these guys but as long as their wearing a Skins uniform then im happy. :notworthy

OldSchoolSteeler,do you know the best Steelers board out there on the net b/c I would like to join it and talkj to all you Steelers fans.THANKS

Another thing that I forgot to mention about the Steelers that I like is that they NEVER sign any punks/guys that cause trouble.Im telling you the Steelers organzation is the best runed organzation in the NFL.You never see them going out and buying the best players on the market!! They win with average football players and 2-3 super stars like Ward,Ben,and Palamau on their team.

THEY ARE A WELL RUNED ORGANZATION!!!!! :notworthy

I want to see a Skins/Steelers superbowl with the Skins winning offcourse!!!! :cheers:

The Steelers have been ran the same way for eons. And it's obviously successful. They use the draft pretty well and I'm sure that the draft and the June 1st cuts will get them the players they need to fill the two obvious holes they have.

I can't crack on the world champs because they are were I want us to be.

The Steelers have been ran the same way for eons. And it's obviously successful. They use the draft pretty well and I'm sure that the draft and the June 1st cuts will get them the players they need to fill the two obvious holes they have.

I can't crack on the world champs because they are were I want us to be.

Exactly!! ;)

No doubt a terrific special teams player...but not worth more than #1 receiver. Like I said the Steelers organization has fairly strict player compensation guidelines and Randel El did not "rate" as high as a player like Ward. This doesn't always make Steeler fans happy, but it has been this way for a long time and with 5 Super Bowl rings to show for it, the guys in charge must be doing something right.

I wouldn't want to be a part of that "strict" organization. I mean...they don't have any freaking cheerleaders!! I still to this day don't understand why they are a distraction to an organization. Most people pay money to watch an entertaining football game. Cheerleaders are entertainers. They entertain at halftime...big deal right??(my gf is a steeler fan and has season tickets and actually took me to the redskin/steeler game in 2004)..

When i was in the stadium, there were hundreds of fans (including her, her mom, dad and sister) wearing randel el jerseys and there was a huge poster underneath the top section saying "EL YEAH!!" So he was obviously well loved in that city, and the steeler organization didn't do a thing to keep him there. I respect your team very well, because i was treated extremely nice considering i was wearing another team's colors. But Joe Gibbs has 3 rings and knows what it takes to get them. Randel El seems like he got over paid, but Randel El has a lot of positions to play to earn it.

A mil per catch? What are we paying him $35 mil a season?

dopes....their probably already drunk off their iron city brews in anticipation of St.Patricks Day.

We paid A LOT for R-El...no doubt -- but the contract is a "Redskin Deal" (backloaded and prorated bonuses). At first glance it looks huge but he will get restructured or cut after 2-3 years....thats one thing they fail to realize.

I personally think we paid too much $$ for him also but I bet Gibbs and Saunders will find way's for him to more than earn his money. Versatile is the key word here. How many players in the league can catch, run, return kicks and punts and in a pinch be our 4th QB?

i thought Chad Morton would make us more dangerous- he was a stone cold bust and took our money. Time for Randle El to change that part of our offense.

Who cares what fans in Pittsburgh think about the price tag? They also think that we pay way too much for houses in the DC area, but the thing is, the market dictates the buying price more than the buyer itself does. If we can afford it, and we think he's worth it, then we paid the right price!! That's what matters, and nothing else.

Man they really over there hating on the Steelers message board they over there bashing Skins and the fans even though I am a fan of both teams. I have to defend my Skins fans over there.. But a lot of the fans are bitter some of them though are reasonable they wish Randle El well and they do not hate Randle El for leaving or the Skins for getting him.

Here is one Steelers board addy:

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Ray is right the Steelers board fans tend to be a little pissy about the recent transactions. Tell ya the truth, this has been the best board I have ever been to...even if I am "the enemy." Both Steelers boards (including the team one) are kinda lame in comparison. Thanks for all the good conversation and knowledgable insight....terrific board!

Archived