Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carter OR Abraham?

RedskinsFanatic

I get the feeling a lot of people don't realize they play different positions...

Ok I'll let them in on it, Abraham was a LBer in college and carter was a DE in college. In the pros carter played DE up till last year I believe (whenever nolan went there) when they switched to a 3-4. Abraham was moved to DE his rookie year and has played there since. They are both about the same size about 6'4 260average and can both rush the passer well in a 4-3 or play OLB in a 3-4. I would say they are both tweeners and are very athletic. Going by stats I think J.Abraham has had a better career to date. That's about all I got.

Both are pretty solid players, but Abraham is definitely the better of the two. Just look at their numbers. Over the past 5 seasons, Abraham has gotten double digit sacks in 4 of them (a total of 50 during that streatch). Over the past five seasons, Carter has had double digit sacks just once (a total of 32 sacks during that stretch).

The thing is that Carter will be a good deal cheaper and we won't have to give up any draft picks to get him. The problem is that if we get both of them, we essentially paid a ton of money for two people who play the same position. Putting one at LB would be making one of them play out of position (Carter only played LB in a 3-4 for one season).

Stop saying Both. We need one or the other - and money to sign our draft picks.

Has anyone considered Ty Law as veteran leadership at CB?

Both.... ;)

I think we can definitely use one or the other... and both if we can truly afford them.

With Abraham - we will have to trade some picks to get him so it won't be as bad as you think... on top of the fact that it already wasn't that bad since we only had one first day pick anyway - think about the avg salaries for 4-7th round players... peanuts.

If we truly are as well off under the cap as the reports rumored about on here are saying... go for both. If not, pick up a decent DT and CB for depth without stacking a ton of coin in front of them and add depth through the draft.

They are both nice.. and needed in your situation.

Man.. I hope my NINERS go after Lavar!! I think he is awsome and young like Carter.

I am over here crossing my fingers. Just waiting for the rumor mill to say, "Niners entertain LaVar Arrington"

dude is a beast!!!

U get carter and we get Lavar.. We can both be happy. :cool:

Archived