Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark advocates need to relax..

Portis the Tortoise

Yea, we all love what the guy did for our team last year, but keep in mind that he was in a system that set him up to succeed. Archuleta is a former first round pick (2001) who is clearly more skilled and a stronger player than Ryan Clark. Remember our achillies hell last year...giving up all those long runs? Well Adam Archuleta is a great run stopping safety. After all Gregg Williams has done for our defense, why are you all starting to doubt him just because he replaced Ryan Clark???

Ryan Clark isn't really that good. He's given up alot of plays these past two years. He is a average player, and we shouldn't break the bank on him.

What do you mean isn't really that good. Ryan plays with heart, and that might be the single most important element in a football player. It's sickening how people like you are ready to turn on our guys the moment it seems like they won't be in a Redskins uniform no longer.

What do you mean isn't really that good. Ryan plays with heart, and that might be the single most important element in a football player. It's sickening how people like you are ready to turn on our guys the moment it seems like they won't be in a Redskins uniform no longer.

relax dude, it's football. most players aren't going to turn out to get their numbers retired and can't stick around to be your pal. as much as ryan clark was a good fit in GWs D and a team player all around, it seems like our team may be ready to move forward with Archuleta. i know i'll be used to seeing him on the field :cool: .

I like Clark, but if Taylor ends up missing some or all of next season who would the safeties be?? Clark and Priloeau? With the uncertainty over Taylor we had to pick up a good safety. I think we will also try to resign Clark.

Why is everyone so sure that Ryan is gone????? Are we sure that acquiring Archuletta isn't insurance for Taylor being in jail?

I have been refreshing my screen every few moments since Friday evening with hope and prayers that I would see Ryan Clark signed. I am just sick right now and reading everything on this thread it sounds like you know for sure he's gone. Do you?

relax dude, it's football. most players aren't going to turn out to get their numbers retired and can't stick around to be your pal. as much as ryan clark was a good fit in GWs D and a team player all around, it seems like our team may be ready to move forward with Archuleta. i know i'll be used to seeing him on the field :cool: .

Yea I know. It takes some getting used to. I really liked Ryan Clark.

ps. no man-crush

Yea really Clark has a good story and all but we needed the upgrade and Archuleta is a big upgrade to Clark and he fits what Williams wants, a good run stopping SS and one who can blitz like hell. And thats what Archuleta is. Also i dont wanna bash him or anything but after Clark was stiff armed and punked by LT i was like man we need a better safety.

The ball is reallty in Clarks court right now . He knows GW loves his safeties just like JG likes his TEs but he has to know with Taylor and AA there he would be fighting an uphill battle to stay here as a starter . That said he has stuggled throughout his career I could see why he wants an easier time and some respect . I would love him back we still need a saftey with Bowen gone and all the players who suit up on defence are starters, as PP.

Archived