Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley

APBT

Today is a good day in Redskin land!!

I was wondering with the revamped receiver Corp we now have, what role will Chris Cooley take on. Will he continue his role as HB or will he be moved to TE like Gonzales?

Well I dont think it would be the new WRs that would change Cooley's role, it would be the new OC. I think he probably plays the H-back position technically, but he will be used as a traditional TE more this year than last year, with Sellars playing the more traditional FB role.

Cooley will continue to be the H-back but look for himto lineup at the TE spot on passing downs. He will be a short to meduim option while the other 3 take care of the deep. Will get less touches, I think he had 70 last year, probably 40-45 in 06. Thats not a knock on him, I would imagine that our new WR's will have about the same number with Moss getting around 70.

5-wide formation...moss-randle el-lloyd-patten-cooley

(insert drool....)

That's the beauty of it, we don't have to. :cheers:

:laugh: If Saunders come in here with 5 receiver sets and the QB gets sacked, he maybe fired on the spot by Gibbs. Joe dont play that mess. :notworthy

I would guess that it will remain the same... just less catches.

I mean - he had an ungodly amount of catches for his second year - let's spread the wealth and keep everyone on the Skins happy and opposing defenses confused.

We also have a few more TE on the roster... in fact quite a few pickups that maybe have been talked about - you never know - Fauria might not last if he doesn't show up with his skills :)

By the by - don't get hyped about camp and preseason - it'll be just as vanilla as always but I can't wait to hear about all these guys showing up for pre camp workouts... if everyone shows up like last year MAN is it gonna be a good year

This new vamped offense will create more opportunity for Cooley to be wide open. If you notice, Cooley was productive the year before last with Gardner, and Coles. He will run plays as Tony Gonzalez does in KC and catch those passes wide open because coverage will be fixed on Moss,Ranel El, and Lloyd. Oh yea and we still have Clinton Portis. Wow this is so hard to believe that we picked up these guys already. Ok back to the question... Cooley will do fine! :-)

:laugh: If Saunders come in here with 5 receiver sets and the QB gets sacked, he maybe fired on the spot by Gibbs. Joe dont play that mess. :notworthy

Hysterical. I rarely laugh at a post, good job. The only way that would happen would be if we were in a three wide set with cooley on the line and portis went in motion. How fantastic would that formation be.

Lloyd----RandleEl-----xxxxxCooley----------Moss

________<------- Brunell

_______________|

___motion______|----Portis

(Use your imagination) Portis goes in motion for a 5 wide set.

How do you like that formation??? I bet Gibbs will be praying anytime Saunders tries to pull that off. I'm in the best mood right now, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

Hysterical. I rarely laugh at a post, good job. The only way that would happen would be if we were in a three wide set with cooley on the line and portis went in motion. How fantastic would that formation be.

Lloyd----RandleEl-----xxxxxCooley----------Moss

________<------- Brunell

_______________|

___motion______|----Portis

(Use your imagination) Portis goes in motion for a 5 wide set.

How do you like that formation??? I bet Gibbs will be praying anytime Saunders tries to pull that off. I'm in the best mood right now, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

That's beautiful and I cant wait to hear the training camper write ups. This is freak in mind blowing.

I also see Portis running out of a four receiver set with Cooley spread out in the other slot. :helmet:

I think we can pretty well remove Taylor Jacobs from that list. The only way he catches a pass this year is if Brunell throws one into the stands. Even then some ExtremeSkin fan would probably come up with a big defensive play.

we can trade Taylor jacobs for a 2nd or 3 rd pick

NOT! :laugh:

Archived