Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Fauria Officially a Redskin

Blade

Just very happy it was Fauria and NOT Campbell.

I really like Campbell a lot and I wish him nothing but the best.

Not so sure I would've been able to say that had he signed in D.C. ;)

(Although I think Campbell wouldve been the better signing)

This is a 3rd string TE who will replace Kozlowski. What is all the euphoria about? I think all of you here are on drugs. We could sign Saddam Hussein and you would do back flips! GET A GRIP!

If he plays more than one-half the plays, then why did we sign RE and LLoyd? This guy is on his last legs.

Sheesh!

:mad:

This is a 3rd string TE who will replace Kozlowski. What is all the euphoria about? I think all of you here are on drugs. We could sign Saddam Hussein and you would do back flips!

:mad:

Have you heard something?

Is he available?!!!

relaly have to agree with tarhog. all the enthusiasm over this is really terrible.. he is a solid charecter guy and all but he's 35 and had 8 catches last year. and to those who are saying he is a stud blocker you might wanna take another look at that.

he'll get some snaps, but this guy is NOT "the answer"

Fauria was not signed to be Alge Crumpler, he was signed to be Don Warren. He's a guy who can block and maybe catch the occasional 3rd down pass to keep the chains moving. He can also be the surprise red zone option when everyone else is doubled. He may be 35 come the start of the season but he doesn't have a lot a recent mileage on him thanks to Daniel Graham and Ben Watson.

Joke about him being a 3rd stringer all you want but he fills a need and is an upgrade over last year. He's a veteran guy who will bring stability to the position. That's really all we were looking for in the first place.

I hope we do something else to address the TE position because this doesn't seem to be the answer to me . I like the signing, and I think he will contribute in valuable ways, but he's not campbell. :(

I'd feel a lot better if he were actually a blocking TE, but from rading about him It seems like he's a pss catching tight end who got older and is now only used for blocking. That doesn't mean he's a blocking TE.

I'm confused, somebody please explain. How does the #3 TE start 10 games.

Were Daniel Graham and Ben Watson injured a lot last season?

Do the Pats have some weird system that starts 3rd string players?

JC

didn't see this posted anywhere....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/03/3_with_fauria_1.html

Three questions with tight end Christian Fauria, who signed a free-agent contract with the Redskins on Sunday:

What are your thoughts on joining the Redskins?

“I think the team can definitely do some good things in the short period I’ll be around. For the amount of time I’ll play, I think it’s a great place for me. They recruited me right from the beginning. In a lot of ways, this is a team that’s close to the Patriots. They have a first-rate owner, a first-rate coach, a first-rate staff and a lot of support from their fans. They want to win and that’s something I wanted to be a part of. I didn’t want to be a part of a struggling team.”

You were with the Patriots for four seasons…

“When I signed this deal, there was a part of me that was bummed. There was a nostalgic feeling. Some great things happened in New England -- the two-year run of winning games. That time will always be special. I loved it there. We lived there [year-round], laid roots. We have a lot of friends. My only hope is that my experience [in Washington] can be just as good. I think it definitely has potential.”

What will you miss the most?

“The thing that makes football isn’t the football itself, but it’s the guys in the locker room. There wasn’t a better group of guys to be around football-wise. It will be weird not going back to the stadium.”

Archived