Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton's Weblog - 3-12 6:29 p.m.

azmodeus13

Confirms what he said before about Antwaan... and about Collins and Archuleta still in negotiations...

Redskins look loaded at receiver

posted: Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Redskins went into an afternoon negotiating session with Antwaan Randle El and and, by the time it was wrapped up, the former Steelers wide receiver had himself a six-year contract with Washington.

Randle El will fit nicely into a three-receiver offense featuring Santana Moss and Brandon Lloyd, who was acquired from the 49ers on Saturday for two draft choices. The Redskins continue to negotiate with Rams safety Adam Archuleta and Chiefs backup quarterback Todd Collins.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

Nothing about Carter huh? :(

I guess we will see...

I found that interesting too. Collins and Archuleta still in negotiations with no mention of Carter. That, coupled with what Andyman said has me thinking MAYBE the Carter deal has already been solidified? Oh man, that would be great.

Loaded at receiver...when was the last time we heard that phrase...oh yeah in 1991 over these last few years usually it was, "The Redskins are NOT loaded at receiver and need to upgrade."

With this signing if I was Taylor Jacobs I might want to call a real-estate agent and get ready to move.

We have other options such as finding a trade partner in the draft. We could trade down in the 2nd, get a lower 2nd round pick and get the 3rd we lost in the LLoyd trade. This would enable us to get another DE we desperately need. Also, LB and DT need to be addressed. Just a thought.:)

What are you guys talking about? At the bottom of the entry, in the "Worth noting" section he mentions Carter and the Skins.

you are correct.

Worth noting: 49ers defensive end Andre Carter left Washington without a deal but will continue to talk. He might visit Denver as well ... The 49ers are negotiating with Browns wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who arrived in San Francisco on Saturday night for a visit ... The Bengals scheduled a visit with Rams backup quarterback Jamie Martin after getting word from backup Jon Kitna that he probably won't be back in Cincinnati. Kitna is visiting teams as one of the top QBs available in free agency ... With Randle El, Koren Robinson and Joe Jurevicius off the market, Antonio Bryant and David Givens are the best receivers available until the Eagles release Terrell Owens on Wednesday.

We have other options such as finding a trade partner in the draft. We could trade down in the 2nd, get a lower 2nd round pick and get the 3rd we lost in the LLoyd trade. This would enable us to get another DE we desperately need. Also, LB and DT need to be addressed. Just a thought.:)

I agree, but finding someone that wants to trade up can be difficult.

I'm still holding out hope that we can get a 3rd for Ramsey once teams find out how expensive Culpeper and Brees are going to be.

Worth noting: 49ers defensive end Andre Carter left Washington without a deal but will continue to talk. He might visit Denver as well ... The 49ers are negotiating with Browns wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who arrived in San Francisco on Saturday night for a visit ... The Bengals scheduled a visit with Rams backup quarterback Jamie Martin after getting word from backup Jon Kitna that he probably won't be back in Cincinnati. Kitna is visiting teams as one of the top QBs available in free agency ... With Randle El, Koren Robinson and Joe Jurevicius off the market, Antonio Bryant and David Givens are the best receivers available until the Eagles release Terrell Owens on Wednesday.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dclayton_john

We already have a low second, there isn't much room to move down. I really don't see anyone trying to swap seconds and give us a third.

Seriously, no mention of him and only 3 reciver sets, not 4 reciver sets.

I realize he would be a great 4th WR, but he also is a proven 3rd WR from a 3 time SB team. - We just signed 2 WR's and DID NOT ask him to restrucure his contract. - Sounds like like somthing could be in the works, like maybe we package him and Ramsey for a higher draft pick? - Just wondering.

Nothing about Carter huh? :(

I guess we will see...

Earlier news said that Carter had left without signing an offer sheet but told the Skins he would be willing to talk some more - most likely will troll to see what other offers are out there.

Archived