Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DL being picked up quick

jbooma

We have had an issue with the DL and DE's the last couple of years if we do not sign Carter who else is out there that can help? A number of key guys have already been signed by other teams:

• Pryce is right: Ravens to give DE $10M guaranteed

• Texans nab DE Weaver as part of defensive makeover

• Broncos retain DT Warren with lucrative 6-year deal

• Panthers sign DT Kemoeatu to 5-year, $27.5M deal

• Bills tackle needs, sign DT Tripplett, TE Royal

I think even more then a #2 WR we need a good to great DT as well as a DE. When Griffen got hurt last year the D did not play as good and it was not a coincidence.

Let Randle El go to the bears with Lloyd now we can get a lesser name WR to compliment both Moss and Lloyd, we need DL :)

honestly im comfortable with the situation we had, but we just need more depth along the d-line to help out the current guys. when joe and griffin were playing at their allstar level, daniels was a mad-man. Wynn is a great run stopper. we need to continue to develop Evans and pick up Andre Carter and another DT and we are fine. We need an athelitic 3rd down rusher. im not sure if chris clemons will step in at the LB position this year.

It's looking more and more as if we'll sign Andre Carter to give us some speed/depth at the end position. I think our lack of activity among DL points to us adressing it in the draft. We have plenty of players that can contribute now, they're just getting older. A draft pick or two will let us develop a player to take over when Daniels/Wynn start getting too banged up to keep playing. Resigning Evans will also be crucial as he gives us depth all along the defensive line.

It's looking more and more as if we'll sign Andre Carter to give us some speed/depth at the end position. I think our lack of activity among DL points to us adressing it in the draft. We have plenty of players that can contribute now, they're just getting older. A draft pick or two will let us develop a player to take over when Daniels/Wynn start getting too banged up to keep playing. Resigning Evans will also be crucial as he gives us depth all along the defensive line.

The draft is good when you have picks :silly:

Carter was a RDE before - and that is his natural position in my opinion. Speed edge rusher who can play run stopper at OLB...

Personal theory I have stated several times - I think GW might rotate Carter from run stopping OLB to DE on passing situations and bring in a better cover OLB on the same passing situations - Carter was not a good cover LB with the niners.

I still drool over Clemons, Carter, Griffin and Daniels on the line on a 3rd and long - I can see the pockets collapsing.

who is left? I say we trade Patrick Ramsey for Kris Jenkins and Julius Peppers but seriously.. who is left?

PFT had an article yesterday about how the Kemoatu signing may mean Jenkins will get cut...he is a MD native also, just throwing out there and seeing if it sticks.

PFT had an article yesterday about how the Kemoatu signing may mean Jenkins will get cut...he is a MD native also, just throwing out there and seeing if it sticks.

I thought i heard from somewhere that he hated the Redskins though? Because all of his friends were Skins fans and it bugged him or something like that.

The best DEs are still out there in Andre Carter, Darren Howard and John Abraham.

Considering how we fleeced the 49ers for Lloyd, I think Robert Mathis is not totally out of the picture.

I wouldn't mind making a play for Kalimba Edwards, too.

I havent seen Edwards name anywhere, he had 7 sacks last year and is a monster at 6'6...I'd really like it if we gave him a look.

We have had an issue with the DL and DE's the last couple of years if we do not sign Carter who else is out there that can help? A number of key guys have already been signed by other teams:

• Pryce is right: Ravens to give DE $10M guaranteed

• Texans nab DE Weaver as part of defensive makeover

• Broncos retain DT Warren with lucrative 6-year deal

• Panthers sign DT Kemoeatu to 5-year, $27.5M deal

• Bills tackle needs, sign DT Tripplett, TE Royal

I think even more then a #2 WR we need a good to great DT as well as a DE. When Griffen got hurt last year the D did not play as good and it was not a coincidence.

Let Randle El go to the bears with Lloyd now we can get a lesser name WR to compliment both Moss and Lloyd, we need DL :)

Relax - if we sign Carter we'll be in good shape. No team in the league has real depth. That's the reality of today's NFL. If we sign Carter I'm sure we'll be able to get depth with the draft or via pick up after the June 1st cuts. We can't sign every free agent can we?

I wouldnt be surprised to see either Wynn or Daniels traded/cut should teh skins sign Carter, especially if Demetric Evans resigns. IMO, there would be too much money tied up in the DE spot if Carter signs.

Then again with the new salary cap it is hard to say.

I wouldnt be surprised to see either Wynn or Daniels traded/cut should teh skins sign Carter, especially if Demetric Evans resigns. IMO, there would be too much money tied up in the DE spot if Carter signs.

Then again with the new salary cap it is hard to say.

I'd sign Andre Carter, re-sign Evans, and reluctantly cut Wynn...I like the guy but he is old and is costing us too much on the cap.

Archived