Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP: Bentley snubs Eagles

Westbrook36

Rumor is, and I know... its just a rumor, that both Lloyd and El are getting 10 mil in signing bonuses.

Neither are worth that, in my opinion.

ESPN is reporting that Randle-El's contract is 7-years/31million with 11.5 million in bonuses. The amount of the SB is not specified. Reggie Wayne signed a 6-year, 41 million dollar deal, with a 12.5million dollar signing bonus. I'd say those two contracts are miles apart.

Oh lord, not another one. Please make them realize: WINDOW SHUT, MY FRIEND !

HTTR

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They don't get it do they? Either one of the WR's the Skins signed today would be the Eagles #1 in a heartbeat.

My friends, this looks like the ol' sour grapes argument. I don't buy it. You are dying inside that we've made our splash and you've signed Barber and Matt Schoebel.

HTTR

Isn't it always about "making a splash" when you are a Skins fan.

I've seen this routine before. Let me think. 2000. 2001. 2002. 2003.

Get back to me when Snyder throwing lots of money around and overpaying actually works.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They don't get it do they? Either one of the WR's the Skins signed today would be the Eagles #1 in a heartbeat.

You are right. The QB you are about to give number 1 money to whose best season was bested by Todd Pinkston 3 times. The WR whose numbers this past year were bested by Brown and Lewis with McMahon throwing the ball.

Get back to me when Snyder throwing lots of money around and overpaying actually works.

I think, though, that the main difference is Joe Gibbs. He actually has a plan. Before, in those years you talk about, it wasn't Gibbs.

HTTR

2004 Shawn Springs

Cornelius Griffin

Clinton Portis

Marcus Washington

Mark Brunell

Phillip Daniels

Walt Harris

Mike Sellers. :cheers::cheers:

Glad it's not your money! I guess the Skins feel it's better to be 4 deep at WR than rely on one young player with "potential".

4 deep? What does Patten have left in the tank? He made a "splash" last year, thats for sure. Then you have the QB who will be good for a few trick plays a year. Then you have the petulant crybaby that SanFran couldn't wait to unload.

I'll give you Moss. Moss and a bunch of question marks.

4 deep? What does Patten have left in the tank? He made a "splash" last year, thats for sure. Then you have the QB who will be good for a few trick plays a year. Then you have the petulant crybaby that SanFran couldn't wait to unload.

If Moss,Lloyd,Randle el, Patten steps on the field right now, anoyone of them would be the best receiver on the Eagles.

Wow - you're really hurting inside aren't you? Even if the comments you make were true - each of these guys is better than any on the Eagles roster. Nice thing for the Skins is that we didn't need a #1 - had that solidified already - these guys are just gravy. Birds are still searching for that #1 - good luck!

You're wrong.

There's no way for me to convince you of my opinions of those players other than to tell you.

Like I said, I would have been pretty happy with one of those two. Pretty upset with both of them. No sour grapes.

I really don't think the Skins have begun to make their splash yet.

Brandon Lloyd runs a great route. And he will make amazing catches.

Randel-el is extremely versatile. They really could bring different things to the table. They are far from the same receiver.

And as for Simon, no way he's considered a bust. He was a good pick all around.

But Reid and co have a terrible time picking receivers. Gari Scott? Na Brown? Billy McMullin? I think Fredex was actually one of his GOOD picks. And Pinkston I actually like when he's healthy. But that track record sucks.

It sounds like the iggles just might give you what you want. :laugh:

I know you guys are excited but I can't believe all the hype over Lloyd and Randel El. Seriously, these guys are migits who gaget type players. One was run out of town. They just aren't great NFL WRs at this point. They are being paid like superstars though.

Wow - you're really hurting inside aren't you? Even if the comments you make were true - each of these guys is better than any on the Eagles roster. Nice thing for the Skins is that we didn't need a #1 - had that solidified already - these guys are just gravy. Birds are still searching for that #1 - good luck!

Even if the Skins are better than the Eagles at WR....who cares? You have 38 year old Brunnell hoofing the ball around. Excuse me while I'm not worried. You'll be dealing with a healthy McNabb who has owned your franchise since the day he was drafted.

I know you guys are excited but I can't believe all the hype over Lloyd and Randel El. Seriously, these guys are migits who gaget type players. One was run out of town. They just aren't great NFL WRs at this point. They are being paid like superstars though.

They don't need to be superstars - we already have our#1 (by the way - why not check out some of the threads that discuss what the NFL experts think of Randle-El and Lloyd). They are definitely a step up over our #2 & #3 WR's last season - and those guys got us to the divisional round of the playoffs and a 5-1 record in the division. As to how much they're getting paid - what do you care? Aren't you sporting that sig for being wrong about the Skins cap situation in the first place?

Randel -el getting 11.5 mil guaranteed, 7 yr 31mil (allegedly)

Tell me you thought he would get LESS than that. People were thinking he would get much more and you know it

Even if the Skins are better than the Eagles at WR....who cares? You have 38 year old Brunnell hoofing the ball around. Excuse me while I'm not worried. You'll be dealing with a healthy McNabb who has owned your franchise since the day he was drafted.

He sure did great against us last season! :laugh:

Man you're changing the topic all over the place.

Have you been drinking?

Brandon Lloyd runs a great route. And he will make amazing catches.

Randel-el is extremely versatile. They really could bring different things to the table. They are far from the same receiver.

And as for Simon, no way he's considered a bust. He was a good pick all around.

But Reid and co have a terrible time picking receivers. Gari Scott? Na Brown? Billy McMullin? I think Fredex was actually one of his GOOD picks. And Pinkston I actually like when he's healthy. But that track record sucks.

No argument on our poor track record with recievers.

My argument about the Eagle's being among the best as far as talent evaluation pertained to every position though.

I certainly agree with you on our drafting of recievers (until Reggie Brown, who is going to be very good).

WB -- I think you really need to take a break for awhile. Wait until the Eagles make their first significant signing (no, #2 TE is not the position of need for the Eagles, and Schobel is not significant) and then come and post. It is obvious from your posts in this and other threads that you are extremely bitter. You are throwing around opinions like they are hard facts, which is never good for your credibility.

So sit back and relax...take a deep breath. Focus on the Eagles for awhile. Your bitter ramblings and lies add nothing to the discussion on this board. Thanks in advance.

Archived