Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CP: Bentley snubs Eagles

Westbrook36

You'd take them both over Reggie Brown? I won't fight you over that but I think Brown has more top end potential than both.

Of course you don't want to fight that. Anyone with half a brain would take Lloyd and EL over Brown.

Anyway you are green with envy right now and I get that. So when you get over it you'll come to your senes and quit saying ridiculous things like that.

Of course you don't want to fight that. Anyone with half a brain would take Lloyd and EL over Brown.

Anyway you are green with envy right now and I get that. So when you get over it you'll come to your senes and quit saying ridiculous things like that.

Hmm, I don't think everyone would take those two over Brown.

Wow, I've come to expect better.

You didn't respond to my post, but just turned it around to talk about other stuff. Great :rolleyes:

So you've created an excuse for why Bentley wasn't signed, when the real reason was cash, then proceed to bash the Skins new signings.

Never mind just a week ago Eagles boards were talking about trying to get Randel-el without "overpaying"

You want to make excuses for the Eagles FO, fine.

I'll keep making fun of you for doing so.

You just won't acknowledge that if someone falls out of what you want to pay, you let them go. Like the Skins did for Carter. You won't even talk about it.

You just won't acknowledge that if someone falls out of what you want to pay, you let them go. Like the Skins did for Carter. You won't even talk about it.

Not the case at all. Sometimes the price can be too high, IMO.

But for the Eagles not to have landed some of the people they targeted, with the amount of money they have to spend...

as an Egle fan I would be disappointed.

But you seem to back the FO all the way.

You go with that.

Not the case at all. Sometimes the price can be too high, IMO.

But for the Eagles not to have landed some of the people they targeted, with the amount of money they have to spend...

as an Egle fan I would be disappointed.

But you seem to back the FO all the way.

You go with that.

You have a solution in your head already and cater what "might" have happened to fit that image you have. The Eagles offered him a contract of 6 million a year. He went to Cleveland. Eagles never got a chance or a call with a chance to counter.

What do you think they should have done?

Unlike Bentley, Carter hasn't turned the Skins down, just left town w/o a deal most likely wants to test the rest of the market. Carter mentioned that he and the Skins would continue to talk.

You have a solution in your head already and cater what "might" have happened to fit that image you have. The Eagles offered him a contract of 6 million a year. He went to Cleveland. Eagles never got a chance or a call with a chance to counter.

What do you think they should have done?

That's not how you court a player.

You get him up there, and don't let him leave without a contract.

It's not just a numbers thing, it's about convincing the player. The numbers are just the fuel.

It;s the leather seats that make someone feel comfortable.

Did you see the pictures of the players courtside?

All I see the Eagles picking up of note is Moulds who should do wonders for their passing game compared to last year post-T.O. where basically the only person capable of catching a pass was Reggie Brown... I mean maybe another of note they could pick up is Darren Howard and have a good D-Line, then draft for some o-line depth in the draft but still, the big focal points of many Eagles fans, Bentley and Witherspoon have dissappointed them by going elsewhere.

That's not how you court a player.

You get him up there, and don't let him leave without a contract.

It's not just a numbers thing, it's about convincing the player. The numbers are just the fuel.

It;s the leather seats that make someone feel comfortable.

Did you see the pictures of the players courtside?

Carter left without a contract!!!!! Doesn't your team want him?

I cannot counter this line of reasoning. For this, I would take Brunnell over McNabb because your O was ranked higher.

Sum of all the parts my pal. I certainly would take our 2 DE's over any on the Eagles squad last season (even Kearse). The proof is in the pudding. Point is I doubt the Skins would agree with you that DE is their highest priority - WR on the other hand seemed to be a top priority for both the Skins and Eagles. Has to sting a bit that the Skins swiped Randel El. Looks like Reggie will have to step up for the Birds next season.

:doh:

There is no info on Carter. Has he signed anywhere else? You're really pathetic...trying to bash the Skins for not signing someone when its not clear whether or not he's signed anywhere else yet...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sum of all the parts my pal. I certainly would take our 2 DE's over any on the Eagles squad last season (even Kearse). The proof is in the pudding. Point is I doubt the Skins would agree with you that DE is their highest priority - WR on the other hand seemed to be a top priority for both the Skins and Eagles. Has to sting a bit that the Skins swiped Randel El. Looks like Reggie will have to step up for the Birds next season.

Their still going to sign Moulds, they have sworn by it.

You'd take them both over Reggie Brown? I won't fight you over that but I think Brown has more top end potential than both.

Yeah - the Eagles love potential. Their recent success at drafting WR's certainly shows their expertise at the position. What ever happened to the people's champ? Seems like the only time recently that the Birds have made good at WR - they took the Redskins approach and opened their wallets for TO. I'l take Gibbs & Co. over the Eagles FO any day of the week.

Still unable to admit the Eagles FO screwed up.

Like I said before, I'll continue to make fun. I admire you for your spirit, but to back the FO in every way...

well, there's always Adrian Clarke right? He's your man.

Yeah - the Eagles love potential. Their recent success at drafting WR's certainly shows their expertise at the position. What ever happened to the people's champ? Seems like the only time recently that the Birds have made good at WR - they took the Redskins approach and opened their wallets for TO. I'l take Gibbs & Co. over the Eagles FO any day of the week.

Yeah. Gibbs gives Patten 13 million then is done with him 12 months later. You have like 8 WRs right now, including a 2nd round pick. Nothing ever changes. Coming off a playoff year, there is STILL a massive roster change.

Yeah. Gibbs gives Patten 13 million then is done with him 12 months later. You have like 8 WRs right now, including a 2nd round pick. Nothing ever changes. Coming off a playoff year, there is STILL a massive roster change.

Westy, Stop you are looking like a fool :laugh:

Westy, Stop you are looking like a fool :laugh:

To this crowd, probably. How many times have we heard to get used to the roster, because THIS was how its going to be for the foreseeable future? Just keep crumbling up plans and getting rid of players, racking up dead money. It's a never ending cycle.

Now you have Randel El getting elite number 1 WR money! 35 freaking catches!!! I'm taller than every WR on your roster! :cool:

Wow dude - you are really all over the place. How does Patten (a free agent signing) equate to an Eagles draft pick? Besides, the Skins haven't cut Patten. In fact he'll most likely end up the #3 or #4 WR depending on how things play out in camp. You're probably just pissed because the Eagles receiving corps is so bleak - have to relay on "potential" at this point. Brown really lit things up last year didn't he?

Look this isn't Philadelphia where other teams come in and steal the rug out from underneath the front office.

You can count on the fact that Washinton's FO would have closed the deal today if they wanted. Clearly the price wasn't right so they sent him on his way.

If it were Philly, not that Philly would court a young guy they have to actually pay $$ to, they would have had a 2nd rate organization like Clevland swoop in and steal their guy. :laugh:

Wow dude - you are really all over the place. How does Patten (a free agent signing) equate to an Eagles draft pick? Besides, the Skins haven't cut Patten. In fact he'll most likely end up the #3 or #4 WR depending on how things play out in camp. You're probably just pissed because the Eagles receiving corps is so bleak - have to relay on "potential" at this point. Brown really lit things up last year didn't he?

You should know. If he played the Skins every game, he was on pace for 24 tds for a full season with over 1500 yards. :cool:

To this crowd, probably. How many times have we heard to get used to the roster, because THIS was how its going to be for the foreseeable future? Just keep crumbling up plans and getting rid of players, racking up dead money. It's a never ending cycle.

Now you have Randel El getting elite number 1 WR money! 35 freaking catches!!! I'm taller than every WR on your roster! :cool:

I guess we should bow at the Eagles feet for the deep and talented WR corps they have built. How many WR's had better stats than our smurf Moss last season? You should really think before you post.

Archived