Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think the plan is to add 2 WR this week

21KillzCowboys

All of the rumors swirling about Lloyd and Randle El got me thinking that having both of these guys visit DC is not a smokescreen or an insurance policy against against only signing one of them.

I believe Gibbs and Saunders are trying to add both of these guys to the team. Think about it, if we only sign one of them and either Moss or Lloyd/Randle El gets hurt, then we are in the same position as the '05 season. However, if we add both, that makes our offense that more dangerous and guards against the possibility of an injury.

Gibbs also has a history with three sub 6'1" guys.

If we only acquire one of these guys this weekend, I still believe that the master plan is to add 2 quality WR before the draft. Perhaps Moulds or Bryant could be the backup choices.

If you are correct, I don't like it. We don't need to spend big money on three WR's. Moss, Lloyd and Randle El would be too much. Why not Moss, Lloyd and a cheaper veteran or even Patten. I believe Patten is even making pretty nice money from when we signed him. Hopefully we'll add Lloyd and then go defense or offensive line. No more WR's!!!

According to John Clayton's report. We are definitely going after both. Here is last part of his report.

The Redskins are also working on a possible trade for restricted free agent Brandon Lloyd of the 49ers. Lloyd was given the first round tender, but the Redskins have initiated trade talks that could give the 49ers two mid-round draft picks. Lloyd agreed Friday night to make a visit to the Redskins on Sunday. There is a good chance Lloyd will come to an agreement with Redskins for big money before the end of the weekend. The plan for the Redskins is to sign Antwaan Randle El and Lloyd.

Dont forget though Gibbs always had his 3 really good recievers and thats what made the offense explosive like it was. If we sign these 2 and add him with Portis Moss and Cooley and Saunders then our offense will match our defense and we will be almost unstoppable

I'm glad that we seem to be going after two receivers rather than just one. I've always said Patten was a number 4 type wideout anyway. We really reached last year, expecting him to be the #2.

On the other hand, adding two wideouts wont help much unless Campbell beats out Brunell.

I just think we are asking both to come here to see who fits best with this team...I doubt we would sign both.....we have $$$$ but Gibbs will not spend big bucks just to have one of these guys as a backup....I'd say we will only sign one big name.....have three solid WR's.

we have $$$$ but Gibbs will not spend big bucks

Did we ever get a number as to how much we actually have to spend in FA...II know we got under, didnt hear how much. I know we can still release and restructure. Thanks.

:dallasuck

WE carried only 4 wr last season, and it was too few, and came back to haunt us.

I can see signing 2 FA wr's

exactly -- People don't seem to realize we are currently very thin at WR -- NOBODY on the current roster -- other than Moss, who's clearly the #1 go-to guy,-- has really stepped into the role of a serviceable #2, let alone #3

and how we bolster our WR corps would have a trickle down effect on one other area for potential improvement in terms of the draft -- the TE position

-- getting 2 WR somewhat lessens the immediate need to draft a TE like Leonard Pope or Dominique Byrd

we have $$$$ but Gibbs will not spend big bucks

Did we ever get a number as to how much we actually have to spend in FA...II know we got under, didnt hear how much. I know we can still release and restructure. Thanks.

:dallasuck

apparently we dont though...because Art told me on another topic that we do have $$$(cause i said the same, i thought we had no $$$)....i think we should have 5 to 10 mil to spend!

According to John Clayton's report. We are definitely going after both. Here is last part of his report.

The Redskins are also working on a possible trade for restricted free agent Brandon Lloyd of the 49ers. Lloyd was given the first round tender, but the Redskins have initiated trade talks that could give the 49ers two mid-round draft picks. Lloyd agreed Friday night to make a visit to the Redskins on Sunday. There is a good chance Lloyd will come to an agreement with Redskins for big money before the end of the weekend. The plan for the Redskins is to sign Antwaan Randle El and Lloyd.

Hmmm, with moss, lloyd, randle-el, and patten...could you imagine? I mean I am not high on randle-el at all but defenses would be shaking in their boots with that wr corps, not to mention cooley and one of the best rb's in the game. Our offense would be stacked fellas.

anyone know where McCants is, go bring him back

I always liked McCants but I believe Gibbs had a problem with the way he practices. I'd like to trade for Lloyd as he seems like more of a complete reciever. His numbers weren't mind boggling but remember, Alex Smith ddin't throw a touchdown untilll week 17. Their qb situation was a mess, and Lloyd didn't handle it well but I believe he could have more success here. Some people are worried about his attitude but SF didn't have the veteran leadership we do. We should pass on Randl El if we can sign Lloyd and then draft a prospect we can mold ourselves. I would really like to see us groom a home-grown reciever through the draft.

Hmmm, with moss, lloyd, randle-el, and patten...could you imagine? I mean I am not high on randle-el at all but defenses would be shaking in their boots with that wr corps, not to mention cooley and one of the best rb's in the game. Our offense would be stacked fellas.

I just drooled on my keyboard. :)

Seriously though if Gibbs was after Lloyd and any other reciever I would be confused but with Randle El you get more than just two recievers. Randle El is a good return guy and as we all have said numerously makes defenses be honest for the trick plays.

I just drooled on my keyboard. :)

Seriously though if Gibbs was after Lloyd and any other reciever I would be confused but with Randle El you get more than just two recievers. Randle El is a good return guy and as we all have said numerously makes defenses be honest for the trick plays.

You hit on the head the reason they are looking at him.

Don't forget the cap sitch will be better next year too with the cap being probably 109-110....

Wouldn't surprise me to see them going for both as Saunders likes 4 WR sets... and we couldn't put together an effective 4 WR set this year...

For those who question or are unhappy about getting both - serious questions:

Were you happy that the only two people who could get open this year were Moss and Cooley? Wouldn't you like to have a couple of other WR be able to get open AND catch the ball and take some pressure off Moss and a TE that had more catches than many WR? How much farther could we have possibly made it this year with an offense that didn't sputter so much in longer yardage situations?

I bet that's why they brought in Saunders AND are truly looking at both WR this year.

Archived