Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ayodele is Good Enough

method man

Guys, let's not go into a bidding war for Witherspoon and overpay him. Ayodele is who I feel is the best alternative. We could get him for a pretty nice deal. He was a core part of Jacksonville's amazing run D and would be a nice fit here next to Marcus and Lemar. He is a nice pass rusher, which works as he will be a WLB. His weakness is that he is uncomfortable in coverage but with a little coaching, he should become a stud.

I'd rather go for Witherspoon by saving money by not going after Randel El....but as far as the Defense, whatever Williams like and can work with is fine by me...he makes stars out of the unknown....and now we have Saunders to do that on the offense side of the ball...we will be set.

the Redskins have major dollars invested in Marcus Washington. I don't see the team being able to spend big dollars on another backer. Not with WR, DE and CB spots to fill as well as backup OL.

but after loosing arrington, how can linebacker not be a big interest. Sure, holdman started some of last year, but we struggled a little with him there.

Linebackers play a big park in GW defenses, and I think another LB signed wouldnt be a bad move.

with a ton of teams after him, that is really going to drive up his price though. we need to take advantage of our coaches. ayodele, to me, is similar to marcus washington before he came here. he has the physical tools to be a pro bowl-level player but he just needs the right coaching.

No, I agree that the Redskins will acquire an outside linebacker. I just don't think it is going to be a marquee name, top tier free agent.

I think we will sign a mid-tier player who is solid and fits into the team concept.

Julian Peterson is out of the question in terms of money. Witherspoon as well.

No, I agree that the Redskins will acquire an outside linebacker. I just don't think it is going to be a marquee name, top tier free agent.

I think we will sign a mid-tier player who is solid and fits into the team concept.

Julian Peterson is out of the question in terms of money. Witherspoon as well.

we are gonna get andre carter.. hybrid de/lb... we just tendered clemons and the draft is full of fine college prospects.. plus we still have mccune, campbell and a couple of other practice squadders.. linebacker wil be just fine

Ayodele is lousy. If you've watched him at all, you'd know that. The Jags don't want him. They are looking to upgrade at that spot.

Griffin was lousy before he came here. Springs was demoted to nickle back for the Hawks before he came here. What we have that other teams don't have is the best group of position coaches in the NFL.

Griffin was lousy before he came here. Springs was demoted to nickle back for the Hawks before he came here. What we have that other teams don't have is the best group of position coaches in the NFL.

Seriously, have you watched Akin? I've watched most of the Jags games since their inception. Ayodele just plain can't play at the NFL level.

if he can't play at the NFL level, then why has he started for three years? and the reason the jags are letting AA test the FA market is because they want witherspoon. Here is a scouting report on AA.

Expert's Take Ayodele has good foot quickness and has good lateral movement. However, he lacks the ideal speed that would allow him to match up with backs out of the backfield in man-to-man coverage. He is a little stiff in his hips and struggles to turn and run, but he gets good depth in his zone drops and goes hard to the ball. He has very good upper-body strength and is explosive with his weapons. He plays with good bent knees and shows he has the ability to play through traffic to the ball. He is quicker than he is fast and has a knack for getting to the ball carrier. He is effective in the blitz game as has decent quickness and shows the ability to accelerate to the ball. He uses his hands well and can be a force. He is a better player if he can be in a position to move forward than if he is dropping in coverage or trying to cover a back out of the backfield. He does a good job of getting hands on and re-routing receivers and does a good job with play recognition. He is a strong tackler who shows the ability to uncoil and is capable of knocking the ball out with a collision. He has the versatility to play either the strong or weak linebacker spot and has the potential to put his hand down and come off the edge. However, he does not have the stature to be able to hold up against the run game as an edge player.

Plus I believe in JAX, AA was the SLB meaning that his weaknesses were amplified. Here, however, he would be our WLB. Covering RBs one-on-one would be Washington's job not AA's. Ayodele would get more freedom to attack then Washington as the WLB

if he can't play at the NFL level, then why has he started for three years? and the reason the jags are letting AA test the FA market is because they want witherspoon. Here is a scouting report on AA.

Expert's Take Ayodele has good foot quickness and has good lateral movement. However, he lacks the ideal speed that would allow him to match up with backs out of the backfield in man-to-man coverage. He is a little stiff in his hips and struggles to turn and run, but he gets good depth in his zone drops and goes hard to the ball. He has very good upper-body strength and is explosive with his weapons. He plays with good bent knees and shows he has the ability to play through traffic to the ball. He is quicker than he is fast and has a knack for getting to the ball carrier. He is effective in the blitz game as has decent quickness and shows the ability to accelerate to the ball. He uses his hands well and can be a force. He is a better player if he can be in a position to move forward than if he is dropping in coverage or trying to cover a back out of the backfield. He does a good job of getting hands on and re-routing receivers and does a good job with play recognition. He is a strong tackler who shows the ability to uncoil and is capable of knocking the ball out with a collision. He has the versatility to play either the strong or weak linebacker spot and has the potential to put his hand down and come off the edge. However, he does not have the stature to be able to hold up against the run game as an edge player.

It's an unsourced scouting report.

Again, have you watched the guy play? I have - a bunch. He's the weak link on the Jags defense. They've started him because they don't have anybody better. Peterson is good. Daryl Smith hasn't developed as well as they'd like, but is a better player than Akin. The Jags don't have any real depth at LB. Yet they are willing to let him go for NOTHING. That ought to tell you something.

Archived