Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paul Tagliabue to Retire???

CrypticVillain

Tagliabue was usually antagonistic to the Redskins so I will be glad to see him go. He often seeme the tool of the small market owners like the Maras and Bidwill who didn't want to spend money on their teams and were envious of those like Snyder, Jones and Paul Allen that did.

You have to give him some serious props. Under him the NFL became the most popular and prosperous sport. Kudos to Tags. I bet you anything Upshaw will be eyeing the Commish post now.

I didn't want to say it first but I call your bet and raise you that he will get it. The owners like upshaw a little bit from what I see and don't they get the deciding vote?

I do not know any other canidates.

F.Y.I. Tagliabue was a Redskins season ticket holder before he became commissioner. He put together a CBA that will last another 6 years. He just got huge deal from several networks for serious money. The NFL network has taken off and now will have games faster than anyone thought. What's left to do for him. I for one think he has done a tremendous job, so why not go out now when everything he set out to do looks to be accomplished.

F.Y.I. Tagliabue was a Redskins season ticket holder before he became commissioner. He put together a CBA that will last another 6 years. He just got huge deal from several networks for serious money. The NFL network has taken off and now will have games faster than anyone thought. What's left to do for him. I for one think he has done a tremendous job, so why not go out now when everything he set out to do looks to be accomplished.
Man you took the words right off my keyboard, I agree100%

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361601

"Paul Tagliabue is seriously contemplating ending his 17-year run as NFL commissioner, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The sources said Tagliabue is expected to exercise a clause in his contract with league owners in which he becomes a "senior executive" consultant with a significant compensation package."

I didn't want to say it first but I call your bet and raise you that he will get it. The owners like upshaw a little bit from what I see and don't they get the deciding vote?

I'm not sure how the voting of a new Commish works. But I know that he will seriously be a candidate in the running.

Anyone know how it works?

The owners would never hire Upshaw. The Commisioner works for the owners. How could they be sure that he has THEIR interests as his first priority and not the player's interests?

He's done more than he probally ever imagined. If he leaves now he leaves at the height of his career. Something that Michael Jackson should have done.

Tags' legacy is set for as long as the NFL is around.

Archived