Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What cowboy fans are saying

KingGibbs

LMAO that was my exact point!! He posted about being swept last year and I replied we swept you guys 7 of the previous 8 years and it didnt mean jack because there was no trophy at the end. I am glad you are catching on you get a gold star

I must disagree slightly.

The Skins sweeping Dallas last season was significant. The Skins got into the playoffs and Dallas was left out thanks to those head to head matchups. In those previous 7 or so seasons, the Skins and Cowboys stunk and we were both out of it so Dallas winning all those game, while embarrassing to Skins fans, didn't spoil any playoff dreams.

Why waste my time arguing with someone who is talking in circles. Now go tie grandma to the roof and head back to the sticks.

I have said the same thing twice now, I am sorry if you do not understand english as it's the only language I speak. The whole " wasting time" excuse is a cop out so you don't have to continue

when you know you are wrong

umm hello, am I the one bringing up victories that meant nothing or was that bubba?

Actually, when you "owned" us those years prior to last your right they meant absolutely nothing.

We on the other hand have a habit of beating you when it counts. Does '72 and '82 ring the bell? This year, had you beat us just once and not start dancing in the streets on that Monday Night during that ill-timed collapse by your Brokebacks, you wouldv'e made the playoffs. :laugh:

I have said the same thing twice now, I am sorry if you do not understand english as it's the only language I speak. The whole " wasting time" excuse is a cop out so you don't have to continue

when you know you are wrong

You said what you said, knew what you mean and when you realized how stupid it sounded you tried to figure out a way to back out of it. And if these victories are so meaningless then why has every Dallas fan on this site brought up the 14 out of 15 crap as their sticking point in every argument.

I must disagree slightly.

The Skins sweeping Dallas last season was significant. The Skins got into the playoffs and Dallas was left out thanks to those head to head matchups. In those previous 7 or so seasons, the Skins and Cowboys stunk and we were both out of it so Dallas winning all those game, while embarrassing to Skins fans, didn't spoil any playoff dreams.

2003 Washington was swept Cowboys make the playoffs with 10 wins, Skins win one of those Cowboys are out. Same deal in 1998 1 Skins win knocks the boys out. 2001 Skins win One game against the Cowboys they would have been wild card in the playoffs.

So while it sucked not making the playoffs in the end Skins didnt win the title, and the Cowboys even had hey been in would not have won it. So to brag about 2 wins or even 14-15 etc. That were in the end meaningless is worthless IMO

You said what you said, knew what you mean and when you realized how stupid it sounded you tried to figure out a way to back out of it. And if these victories are so meaningless then why has every Dallas fan on this site brought up the 14 out of 15 crap as their sticking point in every argument.

I don't speak for Dallas fans I speak for myself. You want answers from others ask them.

As for backing out I have said the same thing twice, you didn;t understand either time.

2003 Washington was swept Cowboys make the playoffs with 10 wins, Skins win one of those Cowboys are out. Same deal in 1998 1 Skins win knocks the boys out. 2001 Skins win One game against the Cowboys they would have been wild card in the playoffs.

So while it sucked not making the playoffs in the end Skins didnt win the title, and the Cowboys even had hey been in would not have won it. So to brag about 2 wins or even 14-15 etc. That were in the end meaningless is worthless IMO

If it was meaningless than why are you here?

Cowboy fans still seem bitter from getting there butts kicked during the reg season so they'll say anything to change the subject. :dallasuck

Not bitter at all. Answer this what was the goal of the Skins to sweep the Cowboys or to win a championship? Because if it was winning the trophy then the sweep means nothing since you didnt win the SB

While we have money to spend, I don't think we have quite as much as you suggest,

This quote is from the Redskins.com article

Quote:

Head coach Joe Gibbs and team officials had worked diligently over the last few weeks to restructure contracts of veteran players, including quarterback Mark Brunell. It is expected that those contract restructurings will be voided now that a new Collective Bargaining Agreement has been approved.

I was wondering about that. If they are all voided, I wonder how much money that was saved will now being taken back?

2003- Skins sucked so getting swept meant nothing, other than being totally humiliated 27-0 at FedEx.

1998- same deal. Skins stunk. So it meant nothing to us.

2001- we could have won one game to get in, but it didn't need to be against Dallas, we blew it that season in back to back home losses to Philly and Chicago. Besides, Dallas stunk that year.

2005 was different. Both teams were in the running and in the end the Skins got the 6th seed while Dallas was left out in the cold thanks to the Skins 2 victories over the Cowboys.

I will agree with you though, all of this means very little if you don't win a championship at some point.

I don't speak for Dallas fans I speak for myself. You want answers from others ask them.

As for backing out I have said the same thing twice, you didn;t understand either time.

I understand what you are saying, I mistook your first post to mean the Cowboys had won something in the last 7 years. It is still hard for me to believe these games are meaningless when prior to this season all we heard was 14 out 15 etc. but like you said you can't speak for others.

2003- Skins sucked so getting swept meant nothing, other than being totally humiliated 27-0 at FedEx.

1998- same deal. Skins stunk. So it meant nothing to us.

2001- we could have won one game to get in, but it didn't need to be against Dallas, we blew it that season in back to back home losses to Philly and Chicago. Besides, Dallas stunk that year.

2005 was different. Both teams were in the running and in the end the Skins got the 6th seed while Dallas was left out in the cold thanks to the Skins 2 victories over the Cowboys.

I will agree with you though, all of this means very little if you don't win a championship at some point.

see you say in 98 Skins stunk well in 2005 by the end of the season we were starting a scrub at LT and couldn't protect to save our lives so we would have stunk in the playoffs anyway

2001 Dallas did stink even more reason the Skins should have won 1 game to go to the playoffs against us.

Point 3 at least we agree in the end lol

Not bitter at all. Answer this what was the goal of the Skins to sweep the Cowboys or to win a championship? Because if it was winning the trophy then the sweep means nothing since you didnt win the SB

Don't be silly... Winning a championship. Now if you don't think that sweeping your cowboys wasnt a beautiful consolation prize, well, you wouldn't be very smart then. I could also remind you of all the times that your ilk gloated about your streak over us when you guys won virtually nothing else.I dont think that you can underplay the reversal of fortune illustrated by the sweep in regards to your teams previous streak. Try to downplay if you like.Your efforts will be fruitless.

I understand what you are saying, I mistook your first post to mean the Cowboys had won something in the last 7 years. It is still hard for me to believe these games are meaningless when prior to this season all we heard was 14 out 15 etc. but like you said you can't speak for others.

Well thanks for coming back and realizing that. Thanks :D

Don't be silly... Winning a championship. Now if you don't think that sweeping your cowboys wasnt a beautiful consolation prize, well, you wouldn't be very smart then. I could also remind you of all the times that your ilk gloated about your streak over us when you guys won virtually nothing else.I dont think that you can underplay the reversal of fortune illustrated by the sweep in regards to your teams previous streak. Try to downplay if you like.Your efforts will be fruitless.

If winning the Championship was the goal then did those 2 wins really matter in the end enough to hold on to and gloat about?

Remind away and then realize you are speaking to me not them. I won't generalize you with Skins fans whom I deem ignorant if you don't generalize me ok?

Reversal of fortune? Neither team won anything there was no reversal of fortune just a couple wins in games that in the end didn't mean a thing.

No need to downplay anything its already played out. You swepot us good job, but that means nothing now. Question is can you do it again, and if you do in the end will it lead to a title or another Superbowl sunday on the couch? Because if the goal is winning titles then sweeping rivals don;t mean jack

Archived