Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DON'T FORGET.....The CBA deal may have screwed us

mcees4life

remember the "CASH OVER CAP"???????? I can't celebrate too much until i hear the details of that. We may not be able to structure contracts and signing bonuses like we're accustomed to.

The vote was 30-2 I highly doubt it is going to hurt us much at all.

It's been reported that signing bonuses can only be prorated over 5 years in 06 so if a team has 10M to play with after the last extension they could write 70M of signing bonuses and prorate them over 7 years but in 06 they can only write 50M of signing bonuses.

It's been reported that signing bonuses can only be prorated over 5 years in 06 so if a team has 10M to play with after the last extension they could write 70M of signing bonuses and prorate them over 7 years but in 06 they can only write 50M of signing bonuses.

Need a shovel? Looks like you are diggin deep for bad stuff for us. Do me a favor, just enoy the benifits of a CBA extension for your own team for a minute rather than your life long hobby of foisting your own SPECIAL for of doom and gloom OK?

You need to remember, Dan Snyder is a young super millionaire for a reason - he's a genius. He never would've voted in favor of anything that would be screwing the Redskins. Trust me, him voting yes means this benefits us a lot more than it hurts us.

Need a shovel? Looks like you are diggin deep for bad stuff for us. Do me a favor, just enoy the benifits of a CBA extension for your own team for a minute rather than your life long hobby of foisting your own SPECIAL for of doom and gloom OK?

"If the cap is 102M I think you have to figure 2 or 3M for increased minimums and tender offers. One plus for the Skins is they have about 5M of incentives in contracts that are there to meet the 30% rule which are canceled upon an extension so that's about 5M of extra space."

My post on another thread lets you know there is 5M of extra space coming that no one here seems to know about. I thought it was important that those that care know about it. This thread is about negative aspects of the agreement and this change in proration is a negative because the Skins like to pay the maximum bonus allowed by the CBA within a contract structure and spread it out as far as possible. As for enjoying the benefits the Eagles also have about 7M of fake incentives so this extension puts them about 34M under without doing any restructures.

Archived