Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Contract Restructuring..still good?

RedskinsFanatic

The restructures were contingent on no CBA being reached so all contracts revert to their original form. We will restructure with who we wish to differently now. The whole ballgame has changed.

Some of the restructures I do not think were contingent. That being said players can STILL restructure, and bonus money can be prorated saving us cap space, an option that would not have been available if the CBA had not been extended.

All restructures were contingent and all are probably not wise to do with a long extension in place. We will probably do some differently, but, the restructures we heard are now invalid.

I would work that weakside LB first and take a look at the OL / DE But if we have a LB go down (Marshall or Washington) and that WLB is still an issue we're in trouble. Same thing with the OL. Also got to find a way to consistently get the ball in the endzone on kick-offs, so we need to see about a kicker.

I trust that we have a contingency to compensate for LaVar.

We may have to sacrifice a RB for a WLB or #2 WR. I like our RB situation we're solid there but wow its going to "b" interesting. This is great! Almost as exciting as the regular season then next month its the draft party! I know we don't have a first round but are we still in the 2d round ? Does someone have a run down on our draft order?

I hope we don't do a bunch of restructures. First off, we have a pretty good team already. We just need a WR, a LB, and some depth this year. There's no reason to clear a whole bunch of extra space to sign big name players. Second, restructuring this year just makes it tougher to clear cap room next year. Guys like Brunell and Wynn are getting up there and should not be restructured any further--it makes it tougher to cut them later. I'd rather build a team that has some continuity than one that has to be dismantled after next year.

In 2 years we will consistintly be about 10 million under and be able to do whatever we want in free agency as the longer the guys play the easir there caps become what has hurt us is cutting guys that played 1 or 2 years and then get a new coach then the same thing happened over and over if you look Most of the players are entering at least the third year of there deals some year 4 and most were about 5 top 6 year deals so thjey are very managable with smart moves.

Archived