Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles ink Barber to one year deal

Big Weirdo

Jim Johnson is a genius...he makes those players. As evidenced by Trotter, Vincent, Taylor, Emmons, etc etc etc.

Barber will come back and he will contribute in '06 for sure, unless he flops in camp. Lets hope this means they wont make a push for Lavar, and will continue with depth acquisitions.

Wish it was a 2 year deal, in case he is good again. :(

It'll be just like anyone else on that D. They'll test somewhere else, come back and succeed with the birds again, realize theyre a system player, then the birds can lowball them to keep them there and get a great deal. Its like clockwork.

You all better pray that old man lives as long as possible! :silly:

The only thing about Barber is, though he passed the physical, he's played few games in the last couple of years...always a question mark. But I wish him the best...only when he doesn't play us.

I doubt that the Eagles go after another linebacker in FA. They have McCoy who they are trying to delevop into a starter.

Barber is a stop gap move and it's funny that the Eagles are know for letting aging Vets go ,but just signed one today.

The taters are going crazy over this move and seem to think that Witherspoon and Arrington are off the table.

It's still very early and FA hasn't started ,but it will be interesting to see if they go after another LB now.

And spadaro doesn't miss anything ... must be true.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

HTTR

He's certainly more informed about what the Eagles are going to try to do than anyone on here........

And spadaro doesn't miss anything ... must be true.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

HTTR

Actually Spads is the mouthpiece for the Eagles. It's well known that Lurie, Banner, and Reid all proofread his work so nothing negative about the organization comes out. ;)

I just heard this on ESPNews a few minutes ago (see, I told you I was behind. :doh: ). Wow, how do you feel about that move? It'll be interesting seeing him twice next year.

I feel two ways about this move:

1. If this is a move for depth I'm fine with it. Dave Spadaro, the Eagles official mouthpiece, says that this is the first of two free agent LB signings. So if it's coming from him I'd assume it's true considering nothing gets out without the approval stamp of Lurie and Co.

2. If this is to permanently fix the LB position. Well then nothing has changed and it will be another long offseason for Eagle fans. This is just the type of move the FO loves to make. Sign a bargain basement player and expect something. WAKE THE **** UP!! LETS GET SOME REAL PLAYERS IN HERE!!

The fact that it's a one year deal also makes me confident that this is solely for depth.

Marc Eckel of the Trenton Times reports Barber got 795K which is 770K salary and a 25K signing bonus and Juqua Thomas got 545K. I wonder if that Barber amount will be the new vet minimum for his years of service under the new CBA in which case it would only count about 475K against the cap.

Archived