Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert McCune 2nd year rook/vet

Doodie987

Similar to who?????

Lavar was one of the fastest linebackers in the league.

Mccune is more of a MLB that would be usless on 3rd down passing situatioins.

Time to sign JP

how can you say that Lavar is one of the fastest linebackers in the league when hes not even the second fastest for the skins. You are obviously a lavar lover if you are going to come out and say that kind of a statement. please provide us with an updated 40 time (which Lavar would never do) before you come out with a ridiculous comment like that.

Look the deal with Robert McCune is hes already 4 years back, he did 4 years in the army so hes not as young. As long as he wasnt an admin or a cook i would think that he has some kind of leadership capability. and being that he was on the practice squad for a year and has had time to learn the system im sure he will be a good prospect to play middle. he is also not as tall as Lemar Marshall who led linebackers in picks last year.

how can you say that Lavar is one of the fastest linebackers in the league when hes not even the second fastest for the skins. You are obviously a lavar lover if you are going to come out and say that kind of a statement. please provide us with an updated 40 time (which Lavar would never do) before you come out with a ridiculous comment like that.

Look the deal with Robert McCune is hes already 4 years back, he did 4 years in the army so hes not as young. As long as he wasnt an admin or a cook i would think that he has some kind of leadership capability. and being that he was on the practice squad for a year and has had time to learn the system im sure he will be a good prospect to play middle. he is also not as tall as Lemar Marshall who led linebackers in picks last year.

You are out of your mind if you think M. Washington is faster than Lavar :laugh: If you want to say he is a better Linebacker than Lavar at this point the argument is heavy in your favor. Too Say Lavar isn't the fastest Linbacker on the team when healthy throws all your credability out the window.

You are out of your mind if you think M. Washington is faster than Lavar :laugh: If you want to say he is a better Linebacker than Lavar at this point the argument is heavy in your favor. Too Say Lavar isn't the fastest Linbacker on the team when healthy throws all your credability out the window.

McCune is this teams fastest linebacker and probably the strongest. if he has the software to operate the hardware is another question within itself.

You have seen this speed on the feild or you are going off a 40yd dash time on the internet? :laugh:

he is very fast,I watched him play in Louiville's bowl game and he has some wheels

I can use that emoticon also :laugh:

Just imagine if we got Ray Lewis and moved Marshall back to OLB.....that LB core would be sick. Say what you will, Ray Lewis' motor will be running until the day he retires

I have also thought about this, and Lewis would be able to keep Taylor in check

"when Lavar is healthy" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5,000 some B.S. posts

he is very fast,I watched him play in Louiville's bowl game and he has some wheels

I can use that emoticon also :laugh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/61255.html

http://www.draftshowcase.com/RobertMcCune.htm

http://2005.ontheclockdraft.com/content/profiles/middlelinebacker/

40 times from the internet

If you think he is faster on the field than Lavar so be it everybody has a opinion :whoknows:

At this point, how do we know Lavar is still fast or anywhere near as good a LB as he once was?

Add that huge question mark to his issue with freelancing and missing assignments and it is just possible to think that our FO and elite coaches know what they were doing.

I really like McCune when he came out of college and was extremely pleased when the Redskins selected him. The kids a hard worker with tremendous strength/speed. He's a bit of a liability in coverage and I think WLB is a better suit for him, but I do think someone whether it be McCune or Clemons will step up from within the organization and we wont have to draft or sign a FA. Although if D'quell Jackson falls to us in the 2nd round we should take him in a heartbeat.

Get over yourself Lavar was overrated but you are now compairing him to a 5th round project that was on our practice squad:doh:

You don't even know my postion on Lavar being Cut :laugh:

no, you are comparing him.... i simply disagreed with you outlandish comment that he is one of the fastest linebackers in the NFL. healthy or not he is nowhere near the fastest.

Just imagine if we got Ray Lewis and moved Marshall back to OLB.....that LB core would be sick. Say what you will, Ray Lewis' motor will be running until the day he retires

We were asking the Ravens about Lewis's availability. And if there is a new Collective Barganing agreement we can spread out Lewis's cap number and do the things that we always do when we sign big name players. Also a trade would not be out of the question. Ramsey + Betts for Lewis? I think it would work out. Washington and Marshall on the outside and Lewis in the inside, I get goose bumps just thinking about it. But McCune is a solid player. The only reason he fell so low in the draft is because he is like 26 or something like that and did not play football until after he served in the Military. Beast of a human being though, he used to do Strong man competitions and he spends hours in the weight room. Moved up from the practice squad last year to the roster. They said the only reason he was not playing is because he did not have the experience, he is smart enough to play, but it takes a while to learn an NFL scheme.

If things happen as I expect and Marshall is moved over to replace LA, then we will need a replacement in the middle from free agency or the bench or both. If it’s the bench, I think this is the guy.

He has amazing triangle numbers for a LB (size, speed, strength). He reminded me in college of a poor man’s Jeremiah Trotter. I think if we simplify things for him, limit his time spent reading and reacting, maybe have him blow up gaps like Trotter does – who is to say he won’t be a fine starter? It looks as if he’d only be a 2-down backer due to his weakness in coverage but GW never has more than 2 LBs on the field on third downs anyway? Don’t be surprised if it’s him and a mid-level free agent competing for the MLB spot in perhaps the 2nd most hotly contested competition in camp.

Archived