Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 FA that we should get and 1st one.....

RWJ

If you could chose, which way would you like to meet a redskin?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If you could chose, which way would you like to meet a redskin?

• At a Bar/Restaraunt
    • At a scheduled appearance, such as a signing
    • At an even such as the beach bash or Training camp

is right down the road. His name is Dave Zastudil and here's his profile. He shouldn't cost us a bunch.

Dave Zastudil

Zastudil has great size for the position and has the versatility to step in and handle the kickoff duties, as well as punting. He has proven valuable beyond handling the kicking duties, and he has very good hands and is the holder on extra point and field goal teams. He has excellent leg strength, and his mechanics are very consistent. He gets the ball off quickly and has a consistently good hang time on his punts. He is left-footed, and he regularly gets the ball to turn over. He needs to improve in his directional kicking and needs to work on stopping the ball inside the opponent's 20- and 10-yard line. He does a decent job in this phase, however there is room for improvement. His average ranks up there with the top punters in the league, and overall he has the chance to be the long term answer.

Aaron Kampman

Kampman is a blue- collar type defensive lineman. He does not posses natural athletic ability and he is an overachiever. He makes up for his weakness with sound technique and hard work. He plays with a great deal of tenacity, reckless abandon and effort. He is relentless on his pursuit and chasing the ball. He has good overall strength and when he plays with good leverage he does a nice job of anchoring the point of attack. He uses his hands to shed blockers but he lacks bulk to hold up consistently on inside run plays. He will get overpowered at times. He is stiff in the hips, he does not have great change of direction skills, lacks ideal closing speed down the line and he seems to be a step away from making the tackle. He does not have the ideal take off or an explosive first step of a speed rusher. He does not have the explosiveness to make offensive lineman redirect. He has an effective straight arm bull rush but he lacks a variety of good pass rush moves. He did a good job on his defensive line stunts. Overall, Kampman has versatility in that he can play both defensive tackle and end. He is not your ideal starter and he is more of a reserve type who will give you quality depth at the defensive line position. He does not have outstanding playmaking ability. He is an excellent fill in over a short period time. He is a young player with a great attitude and an excellent work ethic. He needs to improve on his overall technique and pass rush moves.

Kampman had an outstanding 2005 and will only get better in the Williams DF.

I hate to say it, but I really don't think we'll be able to sign anyone. We're going to have to cut a lot of players just to be in compliance. Then, we'd have to cut some more to sign anyone.

Last year, we had to watch a good CB and a very good MLB leave and could barely just sign a couple of role players. This year, we're in MUCH worse shape.

Glover? C'mon... What is he going to sign for free? You wan't to cut Moss ot Washington to get him?

Just wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

I hate to say it, but I really don't think we'll be able to sign anyone. We're going to have to cut a lot of players just to be in compliance. Then, we'd have to cut some more to sign anyone.

Last year, we had to watch a good CB and a very good MLB leave and could barely just sign a couple of role players. This year, we're in MUCH worse shape.

Glover? C'mon... What is he going to sign for free? You wan't to cut Moss ot Washington to get him?

Just wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

As per the news right now, if there is an agreement or not, we are only going to have to cut 6-7players who are going to be cut anyways. This has been repeated throughout this site and various news sources for days now. We let Pierce go b/c Williams knew Marshall would be just as good. Smoot left for a lousy 2 mill more upfront (Mr. Redskins my butt!) With or w/o an agreement, we'll at least be able to sign Zastudil and/or Longwell. Kickers/punters usually don't count much against the cap (unless it is a Vinateri situation). There is no cap hell for the Redskins. Don't believe the myth or the media, you'll sleep easier.

As per the news right now, if there is an agreement or not, we are only going to have to cut 6-7players who are going to be cut anyways. This has been repeated throughout this site and various news sources for days now. We let Pierce go b/c Williams knew Marshall would be just as good. Smoot left for a lousy 2 mill more upfront (Mr. Redskins my butt!) With or w/o an agreement, we'll at least be able to sign Zastudil and/or Longwell. Kickers/punters usually don't count much against the cap (unless it is a Vinateri situation). There is no cap hell for the Redskins. Don't believe the myth or the media, you'll sleep easier.

Smoot Mr. Redskins my butt... I agree with that. The rest of what you wrote; you really believe that? 6 or 7 players that were going to be cut anyway? Yeah, that's why Snyder was willing to let millions of dollars in revanue sharing go because he desperately wanted the CBA extended... because it doesn't make any difference to him. Right.

It looks like we're just about to find out what difference it makes and how many free agents we'll be able to sign. If I'm wrong, believe me, I'll be more than happy to come say that I was wrong. I hope I am.

Archived