Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone here into Definitive Jux hip hop label?

Big Weirdo

Absolutely!

I own:

RJD2 - Deadringer

El-P - Fantastic Damage

Aesop Rock - Labor Days

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

Anicon is another great label for underground hip-hop.

Nice my friend. Anicon is great as well. Glad to see someone responded. I slowly watched this thread go down the tube.

Yeah, I definitely like Cage and Aesop Rock...sometimes I have no idea what the hell Aesop is talking about though.

Cage's "Movies for the Blind" is an awesome album.

Aesop is my favorite on the label. Followed by Mr. Lif (actually it's debatable who my favorite is at this point.) I just respect Aesop so much for having a completely different style than anyone else. He's just goofin' in most songs. Mars Attacks is one of my favorites.

Cage is a rising star. Hell's Winter is amazing and Movies for the Blind is classic, IMO.

Aesop is my favorite on the label. Followed by Mr. Lif (actually it's debatable who my favorite is at this point.) I just respect Aesop so much for having a completely different style than anyone else. He's just goofin' in most songs. Mars Attacks is one of my favorites.

Cage is a rising star. Hell's Winter is amazing and Movies for the Blind is classic, IMO.

I guess we can let you slide on that Donny Mac signature since you have good taste in hip-hop.:D

El-P is my favorite. Certainly not the best rapper, but an insane producer. Cannibal Ox's Cold Vein is my favorite album on Def Jux, because it has El-P's production, with really good rappers.

Rjd2's a great producer too, but he's not as good as El-P. I love Rjd2's project with Blueprint, Soul Position.

Speaking of Blueprint, it should be mentioned that illogic(albums produced by blueprint) is the most underrated rapper ever. He's top 10 and no one's even heard of him.

El-P is my favorite. Certainly not the best rapper, but an insane producer. Cannibal Ox's Cold Vein is my favorite album on Def Jux, because it has El-P's production, with really good rappers.

Rjd2's a great producer too, but he's not as good as El-P. I love Rjd2's project with Blueprint, Soul Position.

Speaking of Blueprint, it should be mentioned that illogic(albums produced by blueprint) is the most underrated rapper ever. He's top 10 and no one's even heard of him.

El-P is a top 5 producer in all of hip hop today. JDilla (RIP) is probably my favorite producer of all time. Check out his instrumental cd that just came out. It's called Donuts. It's ridiculous.

Blueprint is sick as ****. These rappers will never be heard because no one wants to hear hip hop that has meaning and doesn't sound the same. And that's unfortunate.

Haven't followed Def Jux for a couple years now, but I really like the first Aesop Rock and Mr. Lif records. El P's Fantastic Damage and Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein were, I thought, a bit overrated; both are very good, but were overhyped when they came out. And I think El-P's "jazz" records on Thirsty Ear are trash. But yeah, a good label. Folks who like Def Jux would probably like Dalek too.

No prob man :) ....Hey, have you heard "Preservation" by Aesop and Del the Funky Homosapien? It's off of an album called Wu-Tang meets Indie. Pretty good ****.

Yeah I have the cd. It's great. Recently saw Wu Tang in DC at the 9:30 Club. One of the best shows I've ever been too. Who Del is one of my favorite songs/instrumentals by the Heiroglyphics. Also references Del (who is probably my favorite rapper other than BIG, Aesop, Mr. Lif, etc etc)

i heard of cage and aesop but the rest are new to me. i'll keep a look out.

I'd say check out Mr. Lif. He is the real deal. Kills it on almost every track. If you can find this song it's a b-side but it's called:

Mr. Lif - "Be Out"

Just ridiculous.

Just hearing Aesop for the first time...not too bad...sounds kinda like E-40 in this song though....good looking out though on introducing some of us to something different

No problem man. Music is dear to me and I'm always on the lookout for new music. Hip Hop and Alternative (old Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk, Cursive, etc etc) are my favorite genres. If you have any suggestions just let me know.

Archived