Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TSN: Teams that prepared for this CBA crisis will thrive

bubba9497

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=67840

click link for full article

Teams that prepared for this CBA crisis will thrive

Dan Pompei

The NFL is in a state of chaos with teams scrambling to respond to the developments on the labor deal. One GM whom I spoke with said he has no idea who is going to be on the free agent market. An agent told me he had to work on restructuring contracts for 30 clients.

What the latest problems highlight is the differences between the smart teams that plan for every contingency and those that have flown by the seat of their pants.

I spoke with a few club executives who are viewing the lack of a CBA extension as an opportunity, not a crisis. That isn't to say that they wouldn't want to see an extension. They do. It's just that they have put themselves in a position to benefit from the mismanagement of others.

Teams like the Browns, Ravens, Eagles, Bears, Vikings, Cardinals and Packers are going to come out of this in better shape than they were previously because they had foresight. Teams like the Raiders, Redskins, Chiefs, Jets, Bucs and Dolphins are going to be the losers. They'll have to cut good players and won't be able to be players in free agency.

No one wanted to see what's happening today in the NFL. But at least some teams are prepared for it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't we just have a report yesterday detailing the fact that the Redskins HAVE BEEN planning for this contingency for THE LAST TWO YEARS! Just becuase Dan Snyder maxes out the cap every year to put the best possible product on the field, doesn't mean he hasn't also planned for possible labor unrest as well. These reporters need to stop parroting the "conventional wisdom" and start actually reporting -- just damn lazy, every one of them.

Man, I want to read a Pasta-belly apology. And everyone else, for that matter.

This will never happen. They'll make it sound like they knew exactly what we were going to do, and there is still doom in our near future.

This will never happen. They'll make it sound like they knew exactly what we were going to do, and there is still doom in our near future.

I know, but I wonder about accountability. We on this site scream about it all the time because its so blatant w/ the Skins. Two questions, though: First, what can we do to better hold them accountable? And second, do these innacuracies occur with other teams?

Pompei is a numbnut. Most of those "prepared" teams simply have cheapskate owners. The Ravens and Packers are under the cap by sheer happenstance of having already purged their rosters in previous seasons to be in compliance with previous salary caps..

Pompei is a numbnut. Most of those "prepared" teams simply have cheapskate owners. The Ravens and Packers are under the cap by sheer happenstance of having already purged their rosters in previous seasons to be in compliance with previous salary caps..

Agreed. But, they just need some more money from the "big market" franchises, and then they will start to pay out. Or, do you agree, that is a bunch of...

:bsflag:

A dream come true would be for Snyder to lift up the Lombardi, look dead on into the camera and say "Len Pasquarelli and Pete Prisco, this one's for you" with a smirk on his face. That would FORCE them to have to write something about how wrong they were. How did they even get the jobs they have? I've seen objective analysis that's 10 times better on fan message boards.

Which media zealot on Monday writes about how they were wrong about the Redskins? If there is no new CBA and we still get under without having to cut anyone we wouldn't have cut anywhere, we are owed some apologies.

I bet if theres a new CBA, all we will hear is about how lucky we are, how Snyder was spared, and about how Tagliabue was once a Redskins season ticket holder.

The redskins are going to be in better shape than anyone thinks. Plus, the league isn't going to let the league actually not reach an agreement. The new CBA will be signed by Saturday, they really don't want a league with no cap. If we do we will dominate in about a year.:helmet:

Man, I want to read a Pasta-belly apology. And everyone else, for that matter. These writers are just ignorant. A sad indictement.

Pastabelly apologizing or admit he was wrong??? Not gonna happen ... not in a million years. IF the CBA is not extended and the Skins get under the cap WITHOUT cutting core players, I'm certain Pasta & Co. will come up with something negative about how they did it(they're good at that).

Archived