Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Link Inside What the F is this that we can't be under the cap?? Anybody? Anybody??

SHANT

What happens if a team doesn't comply with the salary cap?

No team has ever gone over the salary cap, so this is a bit of an unknown. Could Commissioner Paul Tagliabue penalize a team by taking away draft picks? Or could there be fines? With some teams in dire cap shape, we could find out sooner rather than later. The Washington Redskins are one team to watch in this regard, since some other clubs which have studied the Redskins' cap closely have suggested Washington cannot mathematically get into compliance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351462

No team has ever gone over the salary cap, so this is a bit of an unknown. Could Commissioner Paul Tagliabue penalize a team by taking away draft picks? Or could there be fines? With some teams in dire cap shape, we could find out sooner rather than later. The Washington Redskins are one team to watch in this regard, since some other clubs which have studied the Redskins' cap closely have suggested Washington cannot mathematically get into compliance.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351462

No team, no matter who your owner is, can be dumb enough to let this happen.

The league starts cutting players, starting with the most recent contracts, until the team is under the cap. In the Redskins case, I don't think that would get them under the cap though. The remaining ammortization on the contracts is higher than the salaries of the players, so I am pretty sure it would put the team higher over the cap than they currently are.

The league starts cutting players, starting with the most recent contracts, until the team is under the cap. In the Redskins case, I don't think that would get them under the cap though. The remaining ammortization on the contracts is higher than the salaries of the players, so I am pretty sure it would put the team higher over the cap than they currently are.

So basically you know nothing of which you speak.

Washington Redskins are one team to watch in this regard, since some other clubs which have studied the Redskins' cap closely have suggested Washington cannot mathematically get into compliance.

That quote has Lenny the Hut written all over it. :doh:

So yesterday Clayton says we will just cut about 6-7 players and now we won't even be able to get under...lets just wait and see.

Just two days ago it was "The Skins will have to field 20 rookies next year" and then that evening it went down to cut 6-7 players and now it's we can't get under the cap......

Sounds like a Fat Len Banks Prisco King stew to me........

Archived