Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Ramsey is traded, how about this for #3

Mickalino

Brian Griese is a lock to be a salary cap casualty by the Bucs.

How about Griese as a #3, behind Brunell and Campbell ?

He should be a decent #3, the only question is, would he be willing

to take such a demotion ?

Griese would want to start and he will want too much money. There is no way that he would be a 3rd QB this year, unless he got injured again first...lol.

What was his record, and his stats?

Why support an argument with stats when you can just spout off about anything?

He started the first 6 games of '05 and the Bucs were 5-1...

64% Comp, 6.7 YPA, 7TD, 7INT

Anywhere this guy goes it's because he will challenge for a starting job. The most likely destination is TB where Gruden wants him back.

There is no way in Hell he would even entertain the thought of coming to DC to compete with a guy who has never played in the NFL for a backup role.

I agree with NEMO, our 3rd stringer is gonna be the one who signs for league minimums, and frankly i dont think we can spend a draft pick on a qb when we can just sign an undrafted free agent, or better yet a qb who has been in camp with a few teams already, knows the speed of the nfl game and still wants league minimum. Also, dont we save more cap space by cutting a player outright as opposed to trading them?

Why support an argument with stats when you can just spout off about anything?

He started the first 6 games of '05 and the Bucs were 5-1...

64% Comp, 6.7 YPA, 7TD, 7INT

Anywhere this guy goes it's because he will challenge for a starting job. The most likely destination is TB where Gruden wants him back.

There is no way in Hell he would even entertain the thought of coming to DC to compete with a guy who has never played in the NFL for a backup role.

Why bother using stats, if you're going to distort them to support your flimsy argument. You make Griese sound like a Pro-Bowler. NO-ONE who throws as many interceptions as he does, is worthy of such an honor. Just look at his CAREER STATS for TD to Interception Ratio. He's not the world-beater you Saps are making him out to be -

TD /INT

0/1......

14/14.....

19/4.....

23/19....

15/15.....

5/6......

20/12....

7/7......

GRAND TOTAL

103 /78

STILL WANT HIM TO BE YOUR STARTING QB ???

You are obviously CLUELESS, and have NO CLUE of what Gruden is wanting to do. You are so FAR OFF BASE with this statement, that's it's not worth the waste of time responding to it. The burden is on you to prove such a ridiculous statement, which I guarantee you won't and can't.

GRAND TOTAL 103 /78

I guarantee somebody will bring him in as at least a #2 with a chance at fighting for #1. I'm not a big fan of Griese but 103/78 is quite a bit better than several of the starters out there right now.

Here are a list of teams he is at least as good as the current starter:

NY Jets

Buffalo

Miami

Baltimore

Cleveland

Tennessee (depending on McNair status)

Houston

Chicago

Detroit

New Orleans

Arizona

San Francisco

Again, I'm not saying I want him here but someone will at least give him a shot at #2.

Brian Griese is a lock to be a salary cap casualty by the Bucs.

How about Griese as a #3, behind Brunell and Campbell ?

He should be a decent #3, the only question is, would he be willing

to take such a demotion ?

Problem I see with that is Griese could be a starter for some teams, so I have a hard time seeing him as 3rd in the depth chart. If we could, fantastic for us.

Why bother using stats, if you're going to distort them to support your flimsy argument. You make Griese sound like a Pro-Bowler. NO-ONE who throws as many interceptions as he does, is worthy of such an honor. Just look at his CAREER STATS for TD to Interception Ratio. He's not the world-beater you Saps are making him out to be -

TD /INT

0/1......

14/14.....

19/4.....

23/19....

15/15.....

5/6......

20/12....

7/7......

GRAND TOTAL

103 /78

Angry today?

I'm not exactly a fan, but he would be #1 on the depth chart for the Jets right now. He would be #1 in Baltimore. Depending on Culpepper's health, he could be #1 in Minny. Denny Green would probably love to have him start in Arizona. He's better than anyone in San Fran. He could compete for a job in Chicago. Buffalo wouldn't kick him out of the starters' conversation. He'd be #1 in Miami. Heck, Dallas would probably start him.

Places like Philly and Pittsburgh would probably love him as a #2.

Angry today?

Just tired of so many people who can't take a level-headed approach toward things. Everyone here either acts like he's a Pro-Bowler, or he's too crappy to even be a #3. Can anyone think in rational terms ? Can we judge someone without going to one extreme or another ? He's an average QB, nothing more, nothing less.

Frerrotte ? Gimme a break. We're talkin Miami Dolphins, who are about as good as the college team in Miami.

Your Aunt Josephine could start for the Dolphins. Heck, Sage Rosenfels started for them.

Funny that you should say that considering they only lost 1 fewer game than us in the regular season.

The Dolphins played extremely well for a rookie head coach. They are certainly an up and coming team, and it shows a serious lack of football knowledge to dismiss them so readily.

Just tired of so many people who can't take a level-headed approach toward things. Everyone here either acts like he's a Pro-Bowler, or he's too crappy to even be a #3. Can anyone think in rational terms ? Can we judge someone without going to one extreme or another ? He's an average QB, nothing more, nothing less.

You can tell others to act this way and then not act simlarly? You are saying this guy is so crappy he has to be the Redskins #3. I'm just saying he's probably better than having to be the Redskins #3 and will challenge for a starting job in a lot of places.

Is claiming that Brian Griese will be a #3 QB being level headed? He's never been anything less than the starter everywhere he's gone. Now you guys think he's gonna come in here, sign for the minimum, and hold a clipboard behind 1 guy that can barely stand up and another who has never played?

And how wrong could I be about Gruden wanting Greise back when I found the following quote in this article:

Bucs Want to Maintain QB Depth

“We’re going to do all we can to go to camp next year with the four quarterbacks that we have in our room right now,” said Head Coach Jon Gruden. “I think Tim Rattay was a good addition. Luke McCown is a young prospect with talent. We do, definitely, want to have all four quarterbacks as we begin our offseason program on March 20.”

And how about this from that article...

After setting a team record for passer rating in 2004, Griese helped the Bucs get off to a red-hot start in 2005 before succumbing to a knee injury against Miami on October 16. Simms started the rest of the way and developed very rapidly, eventually putting up very strong numbers of his own.

Griese set a team record in 2004 and who knows what his stats would've looked like at the end of the year had he been able to play. Who's the idiot now?

So do you want to continue to spout off false claims about something you obviously have no clue about?

Maybe that just isn't enough proof for you. I guess we will continue to get these BS trade/sign scenarios that make absolute no sense for the player/other team...

One last thing...

Career Passer Rating for Mark Brunell...84.1

Career Passer Rating for Brian Greise...84.8

Still want EITHER QB to be the starter for ANY team? As long as you're one of the Brunell bashers there isn't any problem, but if you are a Brunell supporter then I don't see how you can OBJECTIVELY claim that Griese is gonna come in here and be the #3...

You are obviously CLUELESS, and have NO CLUE of what Gruden is wanting to do. You are so FAR OFF BASE with this statement, that's it's not worth the waste of time responding to it. The burden is on you to prove such a ridiculous statement, which I guarantee you won't and can't.

See above, thanks for playing...

He would never take the role of a number 3. I would even be surprised if he took a number 2 job. Honestly i think he should stay in tampa and be their starter because i believe he is better than baby faced simms. I think he will most likely end up starting somewhere and if not he will be a solid number 2.

Archived