Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else think the Redskins aren't going to do a whole lot this offseason?

Slateman

The more I think about it, the more I don't see the Redskins making a whole lot of moves this offseason. No matter who you put it, the Skins are strapped for cap space (I'm assuming that there WILL be a cap this year).

The way I see it we have two big needs, with a third one possibly looming. Defensive end, wide reciever, and a nickle corner if we cut Harris. All three are one of the more expensive positions to fill.

I don't see the Skins being able to afford any DE that would be an improvement over Daniels and Wynn. At least not that we could afford. Abraham and Howard are at the top of the list. They're both gonna require premium dollars. Is there anyone else that is worth pursuing? Maybe Kampman from Green Bay, but I'd be suprised if they let him go. Carlos Hall? Dunno if he'll be let go and he underachieved in KC (though that may not have been his fault) Anyone else worth pursing?

And I don't think defensive end is nearly as big a need as we've made it out to be. True, we are unable to get pressure with our front four, however, Williams seems to be able to scheme around that. I'm not saying that it isn't a need, I'm just saying it shouldn't be the Redskins primary concern this season.

Reciever is a position that the Skins need depth at. Taylor Jacobs has not lived up to the billing and should not be relied upon heavily. Thrash is a great special teams player, but he struggled in the number 2 reciever role when Patten went down. Now Patten is a perfectly suitable number 2 wideout. Its just that if he goes down, there ain't no one left. Personally, I think this is where the Skins will spend their free agent money.

Marc Boerigter, Antonio Bryant, and David Givens are probably at the top of the list. Of those, It hink Givens will be out of our price range. Boerigter shouldn't be too pricy and has a lot of experience with Saunders. Bryant would be interesting. He has a world of talent but also seems to be a bit of a head case. Any one of these guys would give the Redskins a very solid reciever corps. The Skins might also consider Jabar Gaffney, Quincy Morgan, Ike Hilliard, or Eddie Drummond.

I think the Redskins should concentrate on the draft, finding that pass rushing diamond in the rough, and sign a WR who can take the pressure off Moss and step up when he needs to. If the Skins cut Harris, they need to sign a replacement cus I do NOT want to see Jimoh at nickle. Other than that, I just don't see how the Redskins can afford to make any grabs during free agency.

Agree? Disagree? Think I'm a raving lune that needs to get tossed into a nice padded room? :D:cheers:

Have you read the 726 threads on our cap situation. We will barely be able to get under the cap w/ no CBA extension. Forget about signing anyone unless it is for the vet minimum. There was never any talk about 06' being uncapped. It is 07'. Many teams are in serious cap trouble w/out an extension. The players that are FA are going to have trouble getting paid since many of the teams that pay big dollars are cap strapped. The players better think long and hard about this and start putting pressure on Upshaw to get a deal done. Look at Hockey and the ass clown that was negotiating for them. A lot of good it did them. In the end Upshaw represents the players, and they need to start speaking out about getting this done. I haven't heard any players complaining that they aren't getting paid enough. An article by Clayton today said they are 4% apart in which each 1% represents about 2m of cap room per team. In the whole scheme of things an 8m dollar difference on a cap around 100m+ is not that much. Meet in the middle and force the owners to get the revenue sharing done. Someone has to start giving concessions to jump start these negotiations.

What REDSKINS fan would possibly have this train of thought... Alot of people working for our organization are busting their butts trying to figure out a small advantage to win... and this type of email shouldn't be tolerated by an extreme REDSKINS fan...

nuff said...

By releasing the players the Skins are expected to release and restructuring of contracts, the Skins could not only get under the cap but they could make room for some transactions. If they are going to cut as many players as has been reported, they are going to have to find a way to sign replacements. NFL GM's and owners always find a way.

']By releasing the players the Skins are expected to release and restructuring of contracts' date=' the Skins could not only get under the cap but they could make room for some transactions. If they are going to cut as many players as has been reported, they are going to have to find a way to sign replacements. NFL GM's and owners always find a way.[/quote']

As much as it pains me to agree with a Midgets fan,(even Tom!), his post is spot-on. The GM's & owners will get it done. Makes for an interesting off-season...

Have you read the 726 threads on our cap situation. We will barely be able to get under the cap w/ no CBA extension. Forget about signing anyone unless it is for the vet minimum. There was never any talk about 06' being uncapped. It is 07'. Many teams are in serious cap trouble w/out an extension. The players that are FA are going to have trouble getting paid since many of the teams that pay big dollars are cap strapped. The players better think long and hard about this and start putting pressure on Upshaw to get a deal done. Look at Hockey and the ass clown that was negotiating for them. A lot of good it did them. In the end Upshaw represents the players, and they need to start speaking out about getting this done. I haven't heard any players complaining that they aren't getting paid enough. An article by Clayton today said they are 4% apart in which each 1% represents about 2m of cap room per team. In the whole scheme of things an 8m dollar difference on a cap around 100m+ is not that much. Meet in the middle and force the owners to get the revenue sharing done. Someone has to start giving concessions to jump start these negotiations.

:applause:

']By releasing the players the Skins are expected to release and restructuring of contracts' date=' the Skins could not only get under the cap but they could make room for some transactions. If they are going to cut as many players as has been reported, they are going to have to find a way to sign replacements. NFL GM's and owners always find a way.[/quote']

:applause: :applause:

Evne though yopur team got nine home games last year :gaintsuck , I have to agree with you I do not worry about the numbers in the off season because who ever we need we will probaly get them.

C. Little: The Sky is Fallin, The sky is Fallin!!!

ND: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

C Little: ND!! ND!!

ND: zzzzzzzz snort, yawn Yeah what?

C Little: the sky is fallin we are in CAP He11

ND: Whats todays Date?

C Little: Its a whole week from the proposed deadline that they can extend if they want

ND: Instead of your annual we are going to be in Cap He11 running and screaming histerically shouldnt you wait for the result for once?

C Little: It would be too late by then to say the sky is fallin

ND: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived