Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Slid home on slime...............

Pete

What a day. I normally love the Saturday commute back and forth from work. The weather is perfect for riding, and I’m just enjoying the empty roads expecting to be home a bit early. As I go to change lanes, I get a little wiggle out of the rear of the bike, and realize the tire is going flat……….fast. I safely made it to the filling station about ¼ mile up the road, and there it is, a huge screw through the center of the tire. :mad:

I call my wife, and tell her what’s going on, and that I was going to call AAA being the shop was shut down already. Go figure, my plus coverage will not cover picking up the bike:doh: A wrecker was going to cost me at least $100 which was a last option in my book. You can’t use fix a flat with an inner tube, so I started looking for the number of a towing company when the light bulb lit. :rolleyes:

I called my wife back, told her to go to the garage, and check a shelf for me. There on the shelf was a new bottle of Tire Slime for tires with tubes. Within minutes, she and my daughter were on the road heading in my direction. Within ten minutes of their arrival, I was back on the road headed home.

I feel like I was part of that mini van commercial with the wife and kid out in the desert.

Daddy just had to have a motorcycle.........:doh:

I love Slime………………and my wife of course :notworthy

I've used that stuff on a bicycle before...its a pretty messy clean-up job!!

The stuff is amazing. I used it in all sorts of off road tires, and it's worked every time. I wouldn't put it in any road use tire except to get off the road. The base product is food grade antifreez. The same stuff they put in ice cream to keep it from freezing solid.

I'll get the bike down to the shop in the morning, and with any luck, I won't have to replace the tire.

The stuff is amazing. I used it in all sorts of off road tires, and it's worked every time. I wouldn't put it in any road use tire except to get off the road. The base product is food grade antifreez. The same stuff they put in ice cream to keep it from freezing solid.

I'll get the bike down to the shop in the morning, and with any luck, I won't have to replace the tire.

I only used it the one time, and I left it in the tires for a couple days once I got home and it leaked out all over the place....Pretty hard to clean that **** up too...:doh:

I love Slime………………and my wife of course :notworthy

I understand what you're saying Pete, :laugh: :laugh: But something about saying you love Slime (first at that) and the wife in the same sentence doesn't seem right. :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. Glad you were safe.

Archived